The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

It's not actually on the Wiki, the Wiki directs to the Darkmatters download, which must lack the fix. I changed the "Download Now" link on the Wiki to go to the first page of this thread rather than the file download page, until Czevak can update the version hosted on Darkmatters.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys :)

I have two questions. I'll write them in this post but I'm not sure if I should do it here.

1) Sometimes, when I push "M", game crashes, music and sounds still playing, but I can't do anything, I can only see the map, teleport to portals doesnt work and the only way to solve this is ctrl+alt+del. Can you tell me why? any solution?

2) My friends (and I) are playing together via tunngle. With v.130 all was fine but now, with v.140, the game crashe a lot. If I'm the creator of the game, they can't see it. Every 15~30 min the server pull me or one of my friends out. Is v.140 or tunngle's fault?

See you.

Edited by Ariadim

.. music and sounds still playing..

This should be THE most common observation with a crash of Sacred 2. There is no solution for this.

.. playing together via Tunngle..

The CM patch does NOT change anything with regard to network communication. In your set-up, there are many factors that might cause disruption of a network game. First of all Tunngle itself.

I've rarely run into issues when playing on Windows XP. I had symptoms that you described on Windows 8 and Windows 7. The game is not really designed well for a 64 bit operating system in my opinion.

Random master, the problem is not the music. The problem is the map crashing xD I don't know if they are working in a new CMP, but I hope they can fix it.

Another important bugg (or not ) is neither alliance (or something like that). When you teleport, if you have summoned squeletons, they will appear with you, but with some "buffs", like visible shields, fire and electric yellow circles. It's not the end of the world, but is a disapointing.

Prince, do you have 64b windows7?

Edited by Ariadim
  • 2 months later...

Yes, there will be one more CM Patch, but only one. According to the current plans, CM v150 is going to be the last CM. Its release date remains unknown, but it's unlikely to be released earlier than this summer.

Edited by Silver_fox

Coincidences! Funny as it is, it had been just yesterday that marcuswob posted something new in the Community-Patch thread over in the Sacred II forum. In this post he let us know that the CM-Patch V0144 can be downloaded vom the "Bugtracker", but for testing purpose only. The new and according to Silver_fox words last CM-Patch will also include the CM-Patch Item Mod V1.

The whole news can be found via this link ! (German only, sorry!)

Don't be confused, please. The term "last" was reserved for the upcoming full release - v150. (I thought I made it clear, sorry if it's not so). There are and would be testing versions leading up to the final release, but they're exactly what the title says - testing versons where some details are not fine-tuned, some translations are still missing etc. As of now, the work on CM still continues.

The proper designation for 144 - BETA... Use at your own risk... It hasn't passed final quality control checks and may cause problems. Be sure to back your stuff up BEFORE you load the game with the beta patch install - otherwise you may have issues you can't recover from.

Just sayin'...

• 3 weeks later...

V0144 is a version designed for testers. It integrates the community patch mod. Because of the new stuff there's a warning that you will lose these items if you switch back to V0140.

CU Marcus

• Like! 1

I'm looking for some people to translate the items from the Mod into french and spanish. Any volunteers?

Please register on the bugtracker and let me know.

CU Marcus

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I've just joined this forum :D

some suggestions of mine for CM patch

- make the value of bonus from mods visible in the tooltips, for example, hp regen bonus from mod "repair" of Combat Alerts of TG

- make an int-based weapon that is for attacking, not casting. I love magic coup build on HE. Then I realize that it has too many disadvantages:

+ dmg type restricted

+ only 1 CA to deal dmg which has no synergy with other CA

+ no benefit by tactic lore, combat discipline, ancient magic (not sure of about the anti-immunity part). Partial benefit from weapon lore (attack value, which is unnecessary since Magic Coup rarely misses) because Magic Coup never double hits

+ poor defensive: HE can't get combat reflex or toughness. Her armor have low resistance and bad defensive modifiers compare to those of other classes. Her combat arts don't offer her much either (except for the hp regen from GI, which is... useless if HE gets instant killled). Not to mention her poor base vitality

+ Her total base stats is the worst in all classes, and most of them are of intelligence. To make use of it, magic coup HE has to use a magic staff. And a magic staff doesn't have %LL, disregard armor (which is very important to her since her dmg is restricted), deep wound/deadly wound, all of which are crucial for weapon user. If she uses another weapon, like sword, for those modifiers then 35 base int out of the total of 142 (a quarter) base stats are wasted (still Magic Coup don't double hit so a strong modifier becomes useless to HE). Btw, all that improves Magic Coup dmg is the weapon, the stats it is associated to, delphic arcania lore, thus the stats plays a very important role

For those reasons, I think Magic Coup HE needs some love. Well, this weapon will not affect caster HE since she will be busy casting spells from far away rather than get close to the heat to use Magic Coup. I don't know whether it will make some build of other classes OP but in that case just make this weapon only usable to HE

Edited by AnhNguy7877n
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry for posting a bug here, but I'm not getting the confirmation mail from mantisBT, anyway, I noticed that the seraphim's privateer chestguard something is making the light saber sound when I pick it up from the inventory. Thanks

Nevermind, it just fixed itself after restarting the game :P

Edited by 350zspec

These versions are all nice and all but is there a cm patch version for those with Classic Sacred 2? I can see that it say at the top ''Now available for Ice and blood'' so does it mean it was for Classic before? I am asking this since , obviously, the patch doesn't work with my version of Sacred 2.

Sorry, I haven't answered yet as I had hoped that some of the 'official' team would do so but anyway, as far as I know the CM-Patch works only with Ice & Blood but it somehow derived form another patch, the Christmas island patch, and that one might have been available for classic game as well!?

You need Ice and Blood, and as far as I know it was always this way. Overall it was kind of a crummy deal for North American players because the U.K. version of Ice and Blood was the only English version and it wouldn't install over the U.S. base game. So many English-speaking players just went without the expansion and therefore went without the CM Patch.

However now Sacred 2 Gold is more readily available, with more digital distributors and cheaper dvd's. So that's a purchase I'd recommend. It's worth it for the expansion features, the CM Patch, and my Items Mod of course. ;)