The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Just a few questions:

When I install the CM Patch, what happens with the old quests of my old characters? Since the Quests are already done,

the CM Patch can not change that anymore, right? Am just asking, because I have a few broken Quests in my Quest Log, like it is

shown as not finished and failed, although I finished it correctly.

Are there plans for a next CM Patch or is this the final CM Patch now? And are there plans to undo the removal of the level caps of

the monsters? Many dont like that change, and I am personally a bit ambivalent about it. It means there is a possibility for Level

200 Monsters in Bronze difficulty, which seems a bit weird to me. Does that mean a level 200 Bronze monster is exactly as

powerful as a level 200 monster of the same type in Niob?

Edited by Henlikuoth

I don't think quests that are failed will magically start up again, but that would depend on what phase the quest was at when it went wrong.

Monsters in lower difficulties are absolutely not as powerful as their same-level counterparts in higher difficulties. The rewards are not as good either. Also, I think that they removed only the regional level caps, but the difficulty caps still remain. So in other words any monster in Bronze could only go as high as the overall Bronze level cap, instead of being limited by their regional cap (don't quote me on that just yet though).

There's a new version of the CM Patch in the works but there's no telling when it will be ready. It's available for some early testing so it might be fairly close.

I played some time now with the CM Patch, and I recognized the monsters in the beginning of the game fall back in levels after a while, so they are actually not leveling up with your character. I am not sure if this is intended to be like this. Played 8 levels in Bonze and checked the environment.

For bargaining characters it could be useful to see blue or yellow items at merchants without scrolling over them. Would be a pretty good addition if the yellow items would get a yellow frame and the blue items a blue frame in order to distinguish them from each other. That would raise overall playing convenience. Maybe that can be an idea for a future addition in the CM Patch.

By the way, are there any plans to implement a respec option?

No..

That would require serious - and I mean serious coding work that would be pretty much impossible to pull off. There are character editors out there you can use to do this sort of thing - but as always when dealing with stuff like this - be sure to have a good backup!

Yes, thanks for the bug reporting site. I will check that.

Sometimes I think I should wait for the last and final CM Patch, simply to be able to experience all improvements from the very beginning of the game, but I am not sure how long that will take and if there is any end in sight anyways. For example, I dont like having failed quests in the logbook of my old characters when those quests are actually fixed in the CM Patch.

Well, we will see :)

Well.. You could do that.. but who knows when that will be released... It is being tested in beta at the moment so it won't be too long before 150 is released. Of course, there's no guarantee that it will be the final version either. 140 was supposed to be the end of the road and yet, there were enough things found and such that warranted a v150.

At any rate, I'm not entirely sure the new version will fix or change the status of those already completed quests. The key is to NOT remove the CM Patch once you've started using it. It does make changes to how some things are listed in the files and that CAN cause previously successful quest completions to become fails.

Yeah, I admit I am kind of a perfectionist in that. If I start something seriously, then I want to rely on that and progress with that and not making the experience that a future patch changes something that I can not do anymore with the old character. Its like I missed something, and a failed quest for example is forever marked in the logbook.

Yes, I have no plans to remove the CM Patch anyways.

Just a few questions from my side:

1. Sacredwiki mentions that Divine Devotion can not unlock additional item attributes, because there are no item mods that require the Divine Devotion skill. Is this going to be implemented in a future CM-Patch? Could the CM-Team find the item mods that were originally meant for that in the game?

2. Some tooltips are wrong in-game, like the numbers of Combat Discipline, which should show a correct percentage number. Is this going to be corrected?

3. Are Combat Art changes planned for the classes?

1.) Nor do most of the skills in the General category. In fact, the only General skills I can think of offhand that does unlock item modifiers is Enhanced Perception which can unlock the Chance to Find Valuables modifier on some items and Riding - which unlocks stuff on Horses - which, FWIW, are pretty much useless in Sacred 2.

The real question is why anyone would want Divine Devotion to unlock anything. For that matter, what COULD it unlock? There are no related skills as there are with the ones mentioned above. As a skill it's generally regarded as being a wasted skill. Not quite as bad as Pacifism - but almost.

2.) If you have evidence (screen shots) that there are issues - please report them on the Mantis site found in the first post on this thread.

3.) None that I've seen on the current roadmap.

I wish Divine Devotion got a power boost somehow. IMO it's not a bad skill, considering it increases the power and reduces regen time of the Divine Gifts. It's just not a very good skill since it doesn't do anything more than that.

I think the Combat Discipline thing should be common knowledge. The value displays as a flat number and you have to mentally convert it to a percentage:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Combat_Discipline

• Like! 1

Yes, I also think the Divine Devotion skill should get a power boost. Especially because it is in fact considered to be a waste and nobody takes it. It should become better, more useful and competitive to the other skills. Also the Riding skill needs a boost in my view.

I know that Combat Discipline is a common knowledge in terms of the percentage. It's just that the tooltip is wrong in the game, and I thought it's not a big thing to correct that.

Yes, I also think the Divine Devotion skill should get a power boost. Especially because it is in fact considered to be a waste and nobody takes it. It should become better, more useful and competitive to the other skills. Also the Riding skill needs a boost in my view.

Yep Riding could use a big boost to make it (and Horses) more worthwhile.

I know that Combat Discipline is a common knowledge in terms of the percentage. It's just that the tooltip is wrong in the game, and I thought it's not a big thing to correct that.

Sorry I should have used quotes. That was a response to Wolfie.

Ok, no problem.

I'm also wondering if the CM-Team has plans to develop the CM-Patch much more in the future. In a post before I read that the response to the latest CM-Patch was not really big, due to a decrease of attention for the 4-year-old Sacred 2 game. Maybe the next patch will be the last, but we will see. So it's not sure if we can hope for a boost of the Divine Devotion and Riding skills (if they want to improve those skills anyway).

The problem with horses is that they limit your combat arts. Many of them will not work while on horseback.

I seriously doubt horses can be rewritten with much in the way of success in a way it would work properly in the game.

As far as future versions of the patch go - it's hard to say. There has been a resurgence of interest in the game since Amazon and Steam have gotten Sacred 2 Gold... On the other hand, Marcus and Czevak do have lives and have stuff to do and work on the patch part time - whenever they have free time.

So.. Only time will tell. That and if someone comes up with an issue that's serious enough - AND one that they can do something about. There are plenty of things they can't do anything about as they have no access to the part of the game code.

• 3 months later...

Do you have 1.40 or 1.40hf. There is a hotfix version of the 140 patch. Did you try the CM-patch reset-tool?

http://forum.sacred2.de/showthread.php?t=70989

There is a line to a download for the reset-tool.

Download S2Reset-Tool (Rapidshare)

Which can be used to reset all settings done by the CM-patch. The warnings say that you shouldn't try it o the classic version. It didn't test if Ice and Blood is installed.

The newest revision of the CM Patch actually fixes the uninstall problem. If you download the CM Patch again, and only extract the disabler from the archive, overwriting the one from the previous version, it should work properly.

I thought the newest 1.40 hotfix is what caused the problem in the first place. They changed a few thing with 1.40hf but kept the old 1.40 installer/uninstaller, which is throws an error because it gets caught on something that changed.

I thought the newest 1.40 hotfix is what caused the problem in the first place. They changed a few thing with 1.40hf but kept the old 1.40 installer/uninstaller, which is throws an error because it gets caught on something that changed.

It did..

The 1.40 version had a bug which the 1.40 HF version fixed. The installer was fixed so it worked properly, but the uninstaller was not - which is why it broke. The uninstaller is looking for the OLD version of the file, not the new one.

The version posted on the very first post on THIS thread should have the latest version of the CM Patch - the hotfix to the hotfix, if you will. Get that one and it should fix the problem.

I was able to disable and re-enable the 1.40 Hotfix content after downloading the version available at the start of this thread. I'm pretty certain the one available from the Sacred Wiki is 1.40 since that's where I remember downloading it from.