The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Maybe the changes don't work as described. I never play on Bronze above level 10 or so. In Silver it does seem like the level caps aren't as bad though.

Yes, but then it means the changes do not work as intended and should be reviewed.

Looks like it is a bug, or someone missed something in the patch.

So maybe Marcus or anyone responsible can check this.

Edited by Henlikuoth

I think the level of the enemies doesnt grow with your level in Bronze at all (like it does in the other difficulties).

This means, if u enter an area at level 20, the enemies will stay around 20 all the time. Even if u leave that area and come back later (for example at level 30 - enemies will still be at 20).

On the other difficulties the enemies grow with your level. If u leave an area at 20 and come back at 30, the enemies are at 30 as well.

This is just another mechanic that applies only in bronze and has nothing to do with level cap ( I guess). It could be tested if u start a new campaign on bronze with a higher level char

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would say that Gog is without and Steam probably with Securom. But the game itself should be the same.

Link please, otherwise I highly doubt the validity of this. Steam itself is the DRM, anything with Securom is undoubtedly added by the publisher who decides to sell games via the Steam platform that already have Securom included in the installation files of every infected game in their catalog.

That said, I'm just recently returning to Sacred 2 from a long absence away but when I first fired up the game I was greeted by the friendly auto-updater for the CM patch which was able to download the latest patch and complete installation regardless of the number of errors it flagged along the way, so I assumed since it was able to complete, those files weren't really necessary otherwise the patch couldn't be installed, right? Yeah, not so much. I really do think that the auto updater for the CM patch is more of a hindrance than a help right now, especially if it just continues with installation even after errors are found.

I ultimately got around this issue by verifying integrity of the game files and then applied the patch manually. I have also deleted the auto-updater because as a returning fan of Sacred 2, it really didn't help me much at all.

• Like! 1

I don't have got any proof...it is only my experience with the game versions Steam vs. GoG! ;)

GoG will not publish a version with any DRM, so Securom should be "terminated" in their version.

Steam does not care about this point and still sells the last "official" version of the game, which is still including Securom.

It would be interesting if the owner of Steam and DVD-Version could run the game now, because MS stopped every support on safedisc and Securom. I should test it at home...

• 3 months later...

Hi dragonrzazor, welcome to DarkMatters!

We're actually looking at the upload now, and Schot's working getting the CMPatch connected to our own servers here.

Stay tuned, he'll figger it out shortly

:)

gogo

This would be really great, as the CM Patch gang didn't update the DarkMatters download to 1.50, so the lone surviving link was the one that just went down.

• Like! 1

It's important legacy work. We're very lucky to have had this unique community to create these projects alongside modders like you Flix.

With Schot working on it, CM Patch will be back soon !

:viking:

gogo

• Like! 1

Hi dragonrzazor, welcome to DarkMatters!

We're actually looking at the upload now, and Schot's working getting the CMPatch connected to our own servers here.

Stay tuned, he'll figger it out shortly

:)

gogo

Thank you so much I downloaded the patch installed on version 2.65.2 but unfortunately it does not work ... just create a game Error sacred2 customer .. what I rate ? I have the game in italian .. I do not speak English very well, sorry :)

• 2 weeks later...

One or two test updates were made after 1.50, but that was close to a year ago. I have a feeling Marcus and Czevak are keeping an eye on the bugtracker, but not actively planning a version update any time soon.

Few bugs are reported anymore. Most topics on the bugtracker are just feature requests. I wouldn't be surprised if 1.50 was the final version, but then 1.30 and 1.40 were also meant to be final versions, so who knows what the future holds? :)

I'm contemplating asking them if it would be ok to make a Mod Enabler-friendly version of 1.50. I think the auto installer and uninstaller, while convenient, can act up and fail to work for some users, not to mention triggering virus scan false positives all the time.

I have the GOG version installed and wondering about installing the patch

I have never completed the game - not even close tbh - but I keep coming back to it because I really like it

I usually gave up because my old rig just didn't run it very well, even though it exceeded the recommended

Things would stutter quite a bit in busy places like towns etc

I built a new rig at Xmas and loaded up my GOG version and it looks pretty good so far

So I will have another run at the game

So should I play it vanilla first

or with the patch

Any opinions welcome

Thanks

• Like! 1

I have the GOG version installed and wondering about installing the patch

I have never completed the game - not even close tbh - but I keep coming back to it because I really like it

I usually gave up because my old rig just didn't run it very well, even though it exceeded the recommended

Things would stutter quite a bit in busy places like towns etc

I built a new rig at Xmas and loaded up my GOG version and it looks pretty good so far

So I will have another run at the game

So should I play it vanilla first

or with the patch

Any opinions welcome

Thanks

The CM Patch is, first foremost, a collection of bug fixes. For that reason alone I'd say it is indispensable. The extra content is mostly developer-made stuff that was left unfinished. The amount of content that is pure fan-made (easter eggs mostly) is very small and rare to encounter (legendaries, etc.). So I can't think of any strong arguments against it. :)

• Like! 1

Ok guys I will install and be damned

Looking forward to another blast of Ancaria

I played some Sacred 1 recently and enjoyed it too. it has its own charm; but I definitely prefer Sacred 2

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

hi czevak. I cant download the sacred 2 reset tool the link must be broken. I cant install the cm v0150 patch this way bcous of the cm v0140 patch about I cant uninstall the v0140 there is na error. my sacred 2 gold was bought online from steam so I have no CDs to uninstall every thing and install it back clean of mods. please help I want to use cm v0150.

• Like! 1

hi czevak. I cant download the sacred 2 reset tool the link must be broken. I cant install the cm v0150 patch this way bcous of the cm v0140 patch about I cant uninstall the v0140 there is na error. my sacred 2 gold was bought online from steam so I have no CDs to uninstall every thing and install it back clean of mods. please help I want to use cm v0150.

Welcome aboard. You can try this link. I don't know if it's the same tool but it might help. If not you may have to do a clean install.

• Like! 1