Guild Wars 2 Stress Test - May 14

We’ll be conducting a stress test on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT).

This special test event is open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts. With your help, we can conduct important tests and address some of the issues we identified during our first Beta Weekend Event. During this event, all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing character on your Beta account using the same game client. Please note that since this is a stress test of our servers, you may experience some in-game performance issues. If you’ve pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and wish to participate in the stress test, we recommend that you register the account and download the game client.

Pre-Purchase customers, log in to the Beta Forums for more information and/or to download the Beta client if needed.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/stress/news/Getting-Started/169235

Having issues logging in? Contact Support: https://support.guildwars2.com/

From: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/stress/news/Stress-Test-May-14/page/1#post169238

(That link also includes the message in French and German.)

Stress test comming next monday...

"all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing characters"

Characters haven't been deleted!! whoooooooooh!

hope to see ya all there

*hugs*

Kiy

I might be able to play the last hour or so.....why did they plan this for when most people work ?

From what I have seen, that is one of the more popular questions right now in the GW2 space. Speculation is all over the map, with theories ranging from it being primarily aimed at the EU, all the way to it being a publicity move in an attempt to overshadow the release of D3.

They released a blog post today about the upcoming stress test (no mention was made of the motive behind the timing):

http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-obrien-on-the-guild-wars-2-beta

I have no idea what to expect from a stress test, but I will try and be there for a while.

This stress test happens to be when I'm not supposed to work! I feel like I'm the only one who's happy with the time and date of that test.

It's great that our characters didn't get deleted. I hope to see all of you in-game.

And we'll get to play Diablo3 the day after that.

Max

Just saw this response on their Twitter feed to a question regarding the timing.

Indeed. The Stress Test occurs during European prime time hours and a big portion of Eastern Time US prime hours

I get off work in time to play for a couple of hours. (The wife has been informed and she said she will bring me a sandwich and booze. :woot: yea wife)

Now I just have to decide if I am going to try playing a Necromancer or an Elementalist. I really want to try one of them out. Okay any ideas?

I am leaning toward the elementalist because of the use of all four elements.

Wygram, of the two the elementalist is the one that interests me the most. Next BWE, I plan on trying a water-focused build. IMHO, this stress test just does not give enough time to actually evaluate a new profession so I am just going to stick with my character from the last beta.

Another update:

Monday's stress test draws ever nearer. We want to thank you in advance for helping us test Guild Wars 2. How can you best help with the test? Well, our first Beta Weekend Event gave us a mountain of great feedback about gameplay, and our developers are hard at work on that aspect.

Rather than game play feedback, the goal for the stress test is to gather technical feedback. We want you to rush the servers and crowd into Tyria, and you’ll probably come across connectivity and performance problems. Be patient as you help our team find those bugs. Again, thanks in advance for helping us chase those out and crush them for good!

I read on the unofficial forum that the game has been updated. When you'll open the game, it will download a small update (around 35mb) and the title screen explains the purpose of this stress test.

Oh and the download speed seems to be displayed correctly now.

Max

Bumping this topic to say that the stress test starts in almost 2 hours. Can't wait to see you in-game!

Max

Edited by Flooxim

Hmm, I got ingame, said hi in guild chat...

and then it told me I got kicked from the guild

Wassup?

Ok im in, guess they were STRESS testing me lol

Edited by Kiyeri

You're still in the Guild, but you appear offline to us, and I can't reply to your whisper.

Max

The party separation issue needs to be addressed. Not fun to be dc'ed and only able to find one of the three other members.

Frame rate was really bad just standing in Queendale I was showing 23 - 36 fps.

Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, 2672 MHz

6 Gig Windows 7 64-bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Graphic setting at medium and AA off.

Really think I should get better without having to go to low settings. :bomb:

Edited by Wygram

I'm with you on the party separation issue, but the game is not optimized yet, so I have framerates similar to yours.

I crashed for the first time a few seconds ago, and I can't log back in. Guess this is the end of the Stress test.

EDIT : Yea we were in the middle of a big fight where we had to protect villagers, and the staff owned these groups of enemies.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

/cry all done for the day

@ Wygram - the beta's are totally CPU dependent so low fps should be fixed once they start using GPU's to run graphics. It was suggested to run everything at minimum settings seeing as how none of them make a difference at this point.

Was fun hanging with you guys again. Cant wait till next BWE.

Cheers & *hugs*

Kiy

/cry all done for the day

@ Wygram - the beta's are totally CPU dependent so low fps should be fixed once they start using GPU's to run graphics. It was suggested to run everything at minimum settings seeing as how none of them make a difference at this point.

Was fun hanging with you guys again. Cant wait till next BWE.

Cheers & *hugs*

Kiy

We had a great time again, not a lot of problems (mostly with chat things and party), but we missed Knuckles and Gogoblender/Schot a lot, it was not exactly the same without them.

Max