Guild Wars 2 Stress Test - May 14

Yesterday when I changed worlds to join the rest of FOD, I noticed that the North American world were all high in population but the European ones were all low. This was at about 3:30 CST when you might have figured that Europe would have been populated (what is that about 9:30/10:30 GMT?).

Anyone have any ideas why the difference in population or is GW2 failing in Europe?

Edited by Wygram

Well friends, I have graduated from stills to moving pictures!

(Be afraid, be very afraid... :devil:)

Not sure why it came out so dark, I did some vids of Sacred over the weekend and they looked fine. More to follow, uploading videos takes awhile with my bandwidth.

Edit:

How do I embed the video, instead of just linking? Anyone know?

Yesterday when I changed worlds to join the rest of FOD, I noticed that the North American world were all high in population but the European ones were all low. This was at about 3:30 CST when you might have figured that Europe would have been populated (what is that about 9:30/10:30 GMT?).

Anyone have any ideas why the difference in population or is GW2 failing in Europe?

Part of it might be that the European servers are only Europe, while the North American servers are the rest of the world.

We usually just copy/paste the link from youtube into our posts here, but for some reason there was an addition up at the top...Have Schot here, just took out that extra part and this time video showed up... youtube is always changing stuff o_O

That video is VERY well done, the effects a great to see. Did you take this in high res>?

:)

gogo

As always gogo, you are the man! :gogo:

I had the graphics settings set to medium. It worked OK for the most part, but in one of the videos you will see it stutter a couple of times. The recording was done with Afterburner.

I saw this on a GW2 forum about yesterday's stress test and just had to share it.

I was so bored during this stress test that I logged off and played some Sacred 2 (a horribly buggy, but fun game).

I saw this on a GW2 forum about yesterday's stress test and just had to share it.

I was so bored during this stress test that I logged off and played some Sacred 2 (a horribly buggy, but fun game).

Thats awesome :)

Great video Lujate! It was great to watch.

For the "darkness" in the video, I know you can use a special filter (don't remember the name atm), that will make the video more clear.

Max

Great video Lujate! It was great to watch.

For the "darkness" in the video, I know you can use a special filter (don't remember the name atm), that will make the video more clear.

Max

Thanks! I have 3 more, but with my bandwidth it seems videos are 1 installment per day, kind of like a TV mini series.

Regarding the darkness, I had a D'oh! moment when someone asked why the video was only 480 resolution. I realized that I was just using Afterburner's default settings. My videographer goals for the next BWE are:

1. Fix the darkness issue.
  2. Use a compressed format to cut down on file upload time.
  3. Use 720p, provided my PC can handle it and file size does not get out of control.

<announcerVoice>

In this second installment in our series, we find our heroes storming the Overlord's camp. You will see the Overlord near the end of the video, hiding under a mountain of spell effects.

</announcerVoice>

that's our baby, go Sacred 2... live on forever!

:oooo:

gogo

nice video, lujate!

What was that tarzan swing @ 8:30? one of your team members, or another player? I've had a look at a number of skills vids, but I've never seen a tarzan swing!!

nice video, lujate!

What was that tarzan swing @ 8:30? one of your team members, or another player? I've had a look at a number of skills vids, but I've never seen a tarzan swing!

I will have to check it out tonight when I get home. I am at work now and my wireless signal is awful here. Maybe Flooxim or Kiyeri will recognize it sooner.

I checked it out. That would be the character named "Slywhiteguy (EB)" (or something like that) that swings from left to right? Not one of us. I have never seen that effect before, but the character looks like a Charr Engineer.

GW2 gettin' smacked down by good ole' Sacred 2.

Love it!

I remain, :thumbsup:

I checked it out. That would be the character named "Slywhiteguy (EB)" (or something like that) that swings from left to right? Not one of us. I have never seen that effect before, but the character looks like a Charr Engineer.

Oh, then it's probably that shotgun move which blast him back kinda like a Quake 3 Rocket jump? The guy appears to be standing there firing at that big cat and not doing any damage - probably out of range and not noticing... that "out of range" scenario might be a concern for me, nothing serious, since I can read if if "out of range", but still. In the heat of battle you don't want to use 2 or 3 skills only to realize you were out of range and have to move an inch forward. I hope that there will be some option to turn on which would move your character in range when you have a target locked.

Edited by Scleameth

There are a couple of ways to know you are out of range.

1. The number below the skill shows white when in range, and red when out of range.
  2. An "Out of range" message flashes on your screen when you use a skill that is out of range.

Here is video number 3.

ahhh - I've noticed the "Out of Range" message before, but not the numbers on the skills that turn white whenever something is in range of your skill. So you just have to get close enough to highlight the number and then fire away. Just a concern I had that I'd fire off a skill with a fairly long recharge and hitting nothing but the odd fly.

I hope that there will be some option to turn on which would move your character in range when you have a target locked.

I missed this earlier. I do not see that happening. IMO it would go against the maneuver-centric combat AreaNet is going for.

ahhh - I've noticed the "Out of Range" message before, but not the numbers on the skills that turn white whenever something is in range of your skill. So you just have to get close enough to highlight the number and then fire away. Just a concern I had that I'd fire off a skill with a fairly long recharge and hitting nothing but the odd fly.

I wasted many spells before I learned how to tell if they were in range. The question hit me today whether the text changes to red when you loose line-of-sight.

The last instatllment in this video series was a short one, so it uploaded much quicker.

And so begins the dry period... :sleep: