Playing Softcore or Hardcore for Diablo 3?

24 members have voted

1. 1. HC or SC?

• Hardcore only
    • Softcore only
    • A little of both
    • SC only til I get the hang of it
    • HC til I get tired of dying in Inferno

I'll eventually go HC but I think my 1st character or 2 will be SC. Just to learn the mechanics and how DPS/Skills etc really pan out. Plus Inferno sounds like it'll be extremely difficult to survive in HC.

Figure I'll at least get to Inferno before making the switch to all HC.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering about this as well. I'm kind of an adrenaline nut, and I figger if we go in full bore, its' that much extra time with HC builds... I'm curious how this pans out.... in Sacred series, we all built with lots of con heavy builds... is it possible to do something like this for D3 as well?

:)

gogo

Option 4 for me, some basic understanding of the game and it's mechanics before diving into HC seems like the most reasonable path to me.

Whenever it is that I'm getting into D3, it will be purely sc, hand down.

I know, that even with all possible carefulness around, I'll get most of my chars killed once or twice, and I'd really not like to lose them permanently.

Growing certainly too fond of 'em chars...

Hc just isn't for my temperament. :P

I was just thinking about HC, all the possibilities for group play... will it be worthwhile for us to start stocking up on good equipment we can keep for new HC players to start into the community with, kind of like we did in Sacred 2 with the group accounts?

:)

gogo

I will start in SC to get the hang of the interface/controls/hotkeys.

I also need to check how the lag affects gameplay as that will determine what my character build will have to be.

Once that is done it is off to HC forever!

Chrona!

Been a long time!

I will be there asap :D

Do we create chars with [D.a.r.k] tags or what? Haven't played beta :Just_Cuz_21: I know nothing but D1 and D2 and all the movies I saw ;)

Oh...

I just realised yall will be playing today at 0:01 :(

I ordered a boxed copy instead of DL, it should be here tomorrow...so after work, I am im!

HC all the way :)

Seeing some familiar faces here!

Yep see you Hc somewhen.

Ill be ingame after releace tonight, just have to reload the darn game again & update win 7.

Small operating system change issue :twitch:

HC all the way :)

Seeing some familiar faces here!

Yep see you Hc somewhen.

Ill be ingame after releace tonight, just have to reload the darn game again & update win 7.

Small operating system change issue :twitch:

Game status is 'sent' :D

A bit jealous of you guys getting ahead of me, tomorrow afternoon, I will be there sending friend requests, and probably die a few times getting the hang of the game :D

@Immi: I know what you mean lol, I had been hoping D3 to be released sooner, tho now its about to I cannot wait to see us Darks ingame again! :D

My hopes to be playing HC have been dashed. :(

The latency is way too unpredictable for me to play. It can go from 200ms to 1000ms in a heartbeat.

I gave it a go for a couple of days but it wasn't fun.

Hopefully they can stabilise the servers or have a patch to improve it.

While I've always had a relatively high ping (both Guild Wars and Sacred 2 ran at about 250ms) at least it was constant.

When that's the case you can play and build your toon to accommodate it.

With it all over the place like it is now it's just impossible.

So SC it is.

My hopes to be playing HC have been dashed. :(

The latency is way too unpredictable for me to play. It can go from 200ms to 1000ms in a heartbeat.

I gave it a go for a couple of days but it wasn't fun.

Hopefully they can stabilise the servers or have a patch to improve it.

While I've always had a relatively high ping (both Guild Wars and Sacred 2 ran at about 250ms) at least it was constant.

When that's the case you can play and build your toon to accommodate it.

With it all over the place like it is now it's just impossible.

So SC it is.

I hope the servers get stabilized soon, Stubbie. Thanks of all my glorious in party spam yer gonna miss!

:P

gogo-