Playing Softcore or Hardcore for Diablo 3?

24 members have voted

1. 1. HC or SC?

• Hardcore only
    • Softcore only
    • A little of both
    • SC only til I get the hang of it
    • HC til I get tired of dying in Inferno

Playing on softcore, as I did also in D2, even tho D3 seems really easy on normal.

:o This makes me feel really incompetent now haha, I'm having a tough time on normal in some places :sweating:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing on softcore, as I did also in D2, even tho D3 seems really easy on normal.

:o This makes me feel really incompetent now haha, I'm having a tough time on normal in some places :sweating:

Heh, I think it depens what character type is playing and what gear you have found more than skill. Just finished the game on normal playing as monk 17h 48min and only 3 deaths. 2 of them was in 3act just because I was rushing too much and killing monsters in wrong order. Got surrounded by new type of monsters. Last death in 4act was something I couldn't do about much. Sun shining on a LCD screen and fighting in totally darkness. So I got stuck in a corner while fighting some mini-boss. Overall the game on normal isn't that hard as even diablo only took time and 2 health potions to kill.

Heh, I think it depens what character type is playing and what gear you have found more than skill. Just finished the game on normal playing as monk 17h 48min and only 3 deaths. 2 of them was in 3act just because I was rushing too much and killing monsters in wrong order. Got surrounded by new type of monsters. Last death in 4act was something I couldn't do about much. Sun shining on a LCD screen and fighting in totally darkness. So I got stuck in a corner while fighting some mini-boss. Overall the game on normal isn't that hard as even diablo only took time and 2 health potions to kill.

So far I've noticed that the game is extremely gear dependent, which I suppose comes from the fact that there is almost no emphasis on builds with the free respec at any time. I was running a barbarian and finished with exactly 15 hours of time, so maybe I was a little underleveled as well. I had quite a few deaths and didn't keep track of them, but it felt like alot. And yea I agree that the Diablo fight was a breeze. So far the only epic fight I got was Belial in his true form. Diablo seemed so small :3lmao:

Playing softcore for now and I can't believe I died at level 9 and twice more before reaching level 15. Maybe I was rushing too much because my playtime is quite limited right now due to my wife. She's getting a bit upset I'm not spending more time with her.