Diablo 3 Hardcore Survival Guide

Another tip I'd like to add to this thread is adding your spacebar as the secondary potion hotkey or even main hotkey. The spacebar has a much larger surface area than the default 'Q' key, and is much easier to hit when your frantically trying to smash your keyboard for the health button in hardcore. I highly recommend this to you who haven't done this yet, as it might just save your life :BlobRed:

And the Space Bar might be more familiar to us Sacred players. The default setting of it closing all open windows seems silly to me.

I have made the space bar my regen health hotkey ever since I played Sacred HC online, so many years ago.

It is the key you are bound to hit when you frantically smash the keyboard. :oooo:

And the Space Bar might be more familiar to us Sacred players. The default setting of it closing all open windows seems silly to me.

I have made the space bar my regen health hotkey ever since I played Sacred HC online, so many years ago.

It is the key you are bound to hit when you frantically smash the keyboard. :oooo:

Couldn't agree more, it was one of the first changes I made :thumbsup:

Added everyone's tips so far and added a few more. #16 can be another life saver.

Someone should sticky this thread, or at least Knuckles' survival guide. I think it'll be handy for all the new and old forum members here who haven't had a chance to play the game yet, like myself.

I wasn't sure if I was gonna buy this game when I heard it would be online only, but you guys have got me pretty worked up since I've been following the Diablo 3 Hardcore thread. My main problem currently is debt among other things. If all goes good, I'll hopefully be buying a copy for both myself and my girlfriend come this summer (July/August).

It seems like most of the games I've been playing lately just don't compare to the Diablo 2 (and Diablo 3, from what I've been reading) level of heart-thumping gameplay, especially in Hardcore. Which leads me to eventual boredom. The games are still fun, but at times they feel a little too easy, and not really scary for that matter.

Anyway, I really liked the information you've gathered and presented, Knuckles. It's helpful but not overly revealing spoiler-wise. And I wholeheartedly agree with the spacebar for health potions. Ever since I've been playing Torchlight I've been using the spacebar for any sword & sorcery type of games, including both Sacred games, and currently Titan Quest Immortal Throne.

:evil:

Another tip, don't leave the game if your last checkpoint was in a cave. Once you start again, monsters will have respawned, and if you lagg a bit when getting out of the cave, you die horribly. and lagg is kind of expected since it has to load a completely new area.