Diablo 3 HC Memorial Thread

Ryan and masteff both, I feel ya guys :eek:

Hope the come back is greater, it's funny, even thought I died at that level too just a few days ago, I didn't feel as heart broken as I thought I would, every moment in game is so thrilling these days, I know it'll lessen one day, but right now the ride's great.

Will see y'all soon!

:)

gogo

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I can join the club now. I was just playing, running around killing things, no lag, no nothing, then "Your connection to Battle.net has timed out." Log back in not even 3 seconds later and I get this:

DiabloIII2012-06-2621-09-24-38.jpg

From reading the HC forums this is a pretty common thing. All the children say "it's your internet connection" and "go back to SC." Well, I have rock solid (as in I've never lost connection) internet. I will be going back to SC until their servers are stable enough to actually play HC. So if anyone has toons in late Hell/early Inferno in SC hit me up. I'm not about to continue playing HC when you will most likely die (pretty much 100% chance, eventually you WILL lose your character to dc) to something you have absolutely no control over. This was the first time the game has ever dc'd on me.

Edited by Sacredtbag

Heh. What's bad is that I was only in A2 NM and I'm rolling around slaughtering everything, not even taking any real damage, laughing at elite mobs, basically god mode, and then "BAM" dead to a normal skeleton. You don't get to play anymore.

I lost a level 18 barb and a level 14 monk to the same thing.............my own stupidity !

My barb spotted a treasure mob and chased him into a very nasty bunch of mobs.........and paid the ultimate price. So, I loaded my monk, and promptly did exactly the same thing ! How dumb can you get ?

Started a new hc monk, and will try to ignore any treasure mobs. :whistle:

Steve.

Sorry for your losses :(

I haven't been disconnected yet, but I've seen several lag spikes while playing. Just about whole time I have latency in the low 100's and out of nowhere It'll jump up to over 1000. Of course this only happens when I'm fighting :P As soon as I see any delay I'll look at the latency bar and if it's red or yellow, I run back the way I came. So far I've survived each lag spike with min damage

Scared to death (which is bad for HC) by the laggy and occasionally unstable servers. A few days ago I got thrown off, luckily while I was standing in a city.

Got to level 60 on my HC wizard yesterday, but hardly wants to play it when the risk of lag or disconnects are so relatively high - anything above 0 is relatively high. when the cause isn't your own connection.

The "rubberbanding" effect, where you get ported back to the place you stood ~1 second ago, which is not the same as lag, though it feels like it, is also astoundingly bad unfortunately. Even though each patchnote claims to have fixed it, that is not true so far :D

That rubberbanding is a common problem that isn't related to lag at all. Blizz said they fixed it, but after the "fix" I've been getting it, where I didn't before.

I guess I have been dc'd before. While I was playing my HC WD I was returned to the hero screen for no reason. Just sitting around in town, shopping the vendors, then booted back to hero select. If that had happened while fighting I would have lost that one too.

The "rubberbanding" effect, where you get ported back to the place you stood ~1 second ago, which is not the same as lag, though it feels like it, is also astoundingly bad unfortunately. Even though each patchnote claims to have fixed it, that is not true so far :D

That rubberbanding is a common problem that isn't related to lag at all. Blizz said they fixed it, but after the "fix" I've been getting it, where I didn't before.

Ughhh, rubberbanding is my monk's nemesis. Hate using Tempest Rush and then BAM! Back to where I started using it a second ago, very frustrating :explode:

I actually never rubberband after using a skill (I use Dashing Strike/Tempest Rush religiously). I'm constantly getting it just from moving/walking/running around.

I'm working on my SC 60 monk for now. At least until I get frustrated trying to gear her, then I think I'll pick up my Wiz again.

Well...my first death due to stupidity...accidentally pressed F1 instead of 1 and so of course the dang thing opens up windows help minimising the game and causing the display driver to stop responding, reboot and by the time I get back ingame its too late...bye bye my first toon into nightmare which hadn't even looked like dieing before now, even against diablo :(

Ryan, DB, I'm so so sorry for the losses. Trust me I "get" the pain. I hope you guys get back in the saddle soon, sure we'll hook up again.

I always remember exactly what I do...everytime I lost a SC toon, I start screaming and ranting yelling out to Schot " This is ridiculous! I don't know why we do this, it's unfair to the community, HC is impossible and unfair! "

After a day or two it passes, and guess where I've gone to...

See ya in the server friends.

:drunkards:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Zero to level fifty in 30 hours!

Another toon just on the precipice of greatness robbed of a future by horrible pink beams of deadliness, arcana :viking:

This time the rise was reverse-meteoric but once I got to the latest level I didn't play smart and about face to repeat last few levels but instead just soldered on with equipment that had quickly aged.

Alas poor quick ladder leveler we loved ye well...

onwards and upwards!

:superman:

gogo

Well guess I'll add mine from this weekend. Lost a level 59 Monk in Hell. Only 3-4 bars from hitting 60. Once I got my Regen per Sec up it was really easy mowing through elite packs. So I kept going deeper and deeper into Act I until I was in the last dungeon before the Butcher. I had lost my fear of Hell and that was my downfall. I was able to stand in Desecrator or Molten pools and feel no pain. I was totally ignoring Plagued puddles at my feet. I was laughing at Invulnerable Minions and just went after the elite ignoring anything else.

Even so when I got to that Arcane/Waller/Minion champ pack I should have stopped and thought about it for a second.

1) I probably should have reset game

2) Probably should have replaced one of my existing skills with one that can teleport past walls

3) Should have tried and cleared the normal monsters near this pack first

4) Shouldn't have yelled 'Banzai' and bull-rushed in

But I was feeling cocky (bad sign right there) and ran right in. I had no fear of 1-2 Arcane lasers. But got walled in and maybe 10-12 lasers appeared. I lost all health in seconds. Even my cheat death skill only saved me for another second or two. Learned another lesson. Mostly I cannot be lazy in this game. Micro-managing my skills is going to be a part of my game. That and not relying on one stat or skill to save my arse. If I had just added Seven Sided Strike, then I could have escaped the walls and RPS would have healed me in seconds. But because I relied solely on RPS my monk is now pushing up daisies

So the moral of the story is....always have an exit plan :D

Yikes! Sorry about the loss Knuckles :( I really do like your explanation for the death and the story, gives us other players some reminders on what to do under pressure :thumbsup:

TemperHC,44 Witch Doctor. *You have been disconnected from battlenet* =/

Nightmare,Act 3,Siege Breaker,Winged Molok.

Lucky I have a backup character for my backup character,and another for that backup character and so on and so on. ;)

I usually delete characters that have died to lag/latency/disconnects,but I'ma archive this one,just to show some friends that,yes I actually do lose HC characters as well,even if it was to a disconnect this time.lol

Edited by (Darkelf) Temper

Well guess I'll add mine from this weekend. Lost a level 59 Monk in Hell. Only 3-4 bars from hitting 60. Once I got my Regen per Sec up it was really easy mowing through elite packs. So I kept going deeper and deeper into Act I until I was in the last dungeon before the Butcher. I had lost my fear of Hell and that was my downfall. I was able to stand in Desecrator or Molten pools and feel no pain. I was totally ignoring Plagued puddles at my feet. I was laughing at Invulnerable Minions and just went after the elite ignoring anything else.

Even so when I got to that Arcane/Waller/Minion champ pack I should have stopped and thought about it for a second.

1) I probably should have reset game

2) Probably should have replaced one of my existing skills with one that can teleport past walls

3) Should have tried and cleared the normal monsters near this pack first

4) Shouldn't have yelled 'Banzai' and bull-rushed in

But I was feeling cocky (bad sign right there) and ran right in. I had no fear of 1-2 Arcane lasers. But got walled in and maybe 10-12 lasers appeared. I lost all health in seconds. Even my cheat death skill only saved me for another second or two. Learned another lesson. Mostly I cannot be lazy in this game. Micro-managing my skills is going to be a part of my game. That and not relying on one stat or skill to save my arse. If I had just added Seven Sided Strike, then I could have escaped the walls and RPS would have healed me in seconds. But because I relied solely on RPS my monk is now pushing up daisies

So the moral of the story is....always have an exit plan :D

That's an insanely good write up Knuckles. The learning curve on this game keeps throwing curveballs at us, and what a curveball you got thrown!

Sorry for the loss, yo'ure making me go over my exit options as well.

Come back stronger!

TemperHC,44 Witch Doctor. *You have been disconnected from battlenet* =/

Nightmare,Act 3,Siege Breaker,Winged Molok.

Lucky I have a backup character for my backup character,and another for that backup character and so on and so on. ;)

I usually delete characters that have died to lag/latency/disconnects,but I'ma archive this one,just to show some friends that,yes I actually do lose HC characters as well,even if it was to a disconnect this time.lol

And sorry for this loss to Temper, the archives are fun, and keeps us in touch with our history. I've put a few there myself dontcha know ^^

Good luck on the next toon!

:)

gogo

TemperHC,37 Witch Doctor,Nightmare,Act 2,Black Soul Stone,died to yet another *You have been disconnected from battlenet* lol.Down to only 3 HC Witch Doctors now. =/

I take it my ISP is having some trouble or doing maintenance,really should check up on them from time to time. hahaha

Neeext WD stepping up to the plate later today starts at Nightmare,Act 1,Fallen star.

Edited by (Darkelf) Temper
  • 3 weeks later...

So close, I could almost feel it...

15f0izr.gif

noooooooooooooooooo

O.gif

My highest though, level 58, had so much fun with her and was using enchantress, loved her hex ability, I'm actually excited to start again with her.. one day...

*small cry*

just a small cry mind you

:P

gogo