Guild Wars 2 - Beta Weekend June 8-10

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Direct quote from Anet....

If that isn’t enough to get you all bursting with excitement, here is some more news:

Your existing beta characters have not been deleted, and you will be able to continue right where you left off! This means that enterprising players with characters level 35 or higher will be able to test their mettle against the explorable version of the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon!

For those who haven’t yet pre-purchased Guild Wars 2, you’ll still have a chance to play in the beta. We’re teaming up with our partners to give away keys for Beta Weekend Event 2, so follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest news.

Fun Stuff :cow_white:

Edited by Kiyeri

This means that enterprising players with characters level 35 or higher will be able to test their mettle against the explorable version of the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon!

Wait...I thought level capped at 20? :o

This means that enterprising players with characters level 35 or higher will be able to test their mettle against the explorable version of the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon!

Wait...I thought level capped at 20? :o

No, not in Guild Wars 2, the cap in GW2 is 80. Guild Wars was capped at 20.

My dilemma now is, new or existing character? I know I really, really, really should try out a different class. But I just adore the Mesmer, and a dungeon. :drool:

I can't wait to play another weekend with all of you!

There's 90% chance that I'll try another profession (most likely ranger, or maybe necro)

Max

Oh NOz....

my internet provider just sent out an email.

the will me doing maintenance on June 9th and 10th

and service could be unavailable or intermittent ><

Sigh, figures.

Hopefully ill see ya all there

*hugs*

Kiy

Oh NOz....

Sigh, figures.

*hugs*

Kiy

:eek:

Oh NOz....

Sigh, figures.

*hugs*

Kiy

We just had too much fun last time we played, so I'm sure you'll find a way to play with us. This game is too attractive, and we're just too fun to play with (you just can't resist :bounce: )

Max

Kinda sad news for me : It looks like I'll have to work the whole weekend. I don't know how many hours I'll be able to play, maybe just a few. I still can't wait to get back into this wonderful game with you!

Max

Kinda sad news for me : It looks like I'll have to work the whole weekend. I don't know how many hours I'll be able to play, maybe just a few. I still can't wait to get back into this wonderful game with you!

Max

Well that just stinks!

I'll try to play as much as I can during the BWE, but it might not be as much as some of you.

Our characters have not been deleted, but there will be some changes :

Here's a summary of the changes I found :

- New minimap

- New dodge UI

- Skills are now tiered to where you have to buy a certain amount of points in one tier before you are allowed to buy any in the next tier.

- Traits = tierception. "First tier 1-6, second tier 1-10, and last tier is 1-12."

- Buffs and debuffs now show duration times

- Key modifiers are in!

Here's a long list of changes that has been posted on May 31st and that will most likely be in the game :

WALL OF TEXT WARNING

d2LpG.png

I think our game experience will be slightly different.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

Max

Max, that might be a classic understatement. Might have to relearn how to play all over again. Some interesting changes.

Good thing I told the wife to stock up on snacks and adult beverages.

Wow Max, thanks for finding that for us.

Lots of interesting changes. I agree with Wygram, it might be a totally different experience. Looks like maybe we will be able to port to the same place as a party... or is that just wishful thinking? LOL Also... waaaaa... they fixed jump? what does that mean, can we not jump while sitting, kneeling and laying down? that would be sad it was SSSSooo funny!

Shame you have to work *hugs*. Hope my internet is up and we get to play some together.

On another note... I might be bringing 1-2 ppl with me to GW2 Darkmatters :cha (18):

I saw Max's post yesterday while on a road trip but could not read the patch notes on my Droid. I had to wait in painful anticipation until I actaully got home. :sweating:

I guess PC Gamer got to preview some new content. In the vids they posted you can see some of the UI changes. The guy did say he was playing a developer build, so it is possible that some of the things in the videos will not be in BWE2.

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/guild-wars-2s-gendarran-fields-has-centaurs-pirates-zombies-and-filthy-lying-apple-vendors/

I noticed the statement back in Max's change posting "Added the "Sylvari glow"". Could it mean that we have a chance at getting the Sylvari this BWE?

Just a wishful thought.

I noticed the statement back in Max's change posting "Added the "Sylvari glow"". Could it mean that we have a chance at getting the Sylvari this BWE?

Just a wishful thought.

Unfortunately no. They confirmed via Twitter, no Sylvari or Asura.

Wow, that's a whole lota changes. None the less I can't wait to get back into the GW world. :BlobRed:

I'll try to play as much as I can during the BWE, but it might not be as much as some of you.

Our characters have not been deleted, but there will be some changes :

Here's a summary of the changes I found :

- New minimap

- New dodge UI

- Skills are now tiered to where you have to buy a certain amount of points in one tier before you are allowed to buy any in the next tier.

- Traits = tierception. "First tier 1-6, second tier 1-10, and last tier is 1-12."

- Buffs and debuffs now show duration times

- Key modifiers are in!

Here's a long list of changes that has been posted on May 31st and that will most likely be in the game :

WALL OF TEXT WARNING

d2LpG.png

Max