Diablo 3 Waller Strategy Guide

So it's become clear that Waller's are possibly the greatest threat in Diablo. If we're going to climb the ranks of Hardcore then we definitely need a strategy to overcome these creeps. Interesting fact about Wallers us that they come in many shapes. Originally I thought Blazing Guardians were the only ones to have this ability but recently I've learned that many different kinds of enemies could have this ability. Though from what I can tell so far it looks as though only blue and yellow champs can use the skill. The way to watch out for this skill when approaching enemies is to check their health bars at the top of the screen. If they have the ability to "wall" then it will say "Waller" under their health bar. So that's the first tip.

If you see a Champ, (enemies with a blue or yellow glow), you should check under their health bars to see what abilities they have.

As a strategy it might be possible to obscure the conjuration of walls. I haven't tested the idea yet but standing near obstructions might be a good strategy. Like a staircase or against a wall. Something to that effect. Probably the best strategy though is to just keep your cool. The worst thing about wallers is they create confusion. If you're in an are with wallers then have a skill ready that can protect you for the duration of a wall. around 4 seconds I think. A slowing skill might be wise too to reduce the frequency that a waller can cast since they sometimes take a long time to kill.

Remember the sacred rule of fleeing. When in trouble! Run back the way you came to ensure you don't run into another mob.

As a strategy it might be possible to obscure the conjuration of walls. I haven't tested the idea yet but standing near obstructions might be a good strategy. Like a staircase or against a wall.

Hey hey, great tips for those of us who just keep falling prey to these terrible creatures in HC! You are certainly right about them being a super pain and possibly one of the greatest threats to us. Just gotta take 'em out fast I suppose :butcher: Just a comment on the above part I quoted- I'm pretty sure they can still use these walls even horizantally across a staircase, the game is smart enough to shorten the wall to fill the gap, pretty impressive. Anyways, just of note that the stairs will NOT protect you, I've almost died to that :thumbsup:

Yup these guys are deadly in dungeons. Having 4 waller champs all hit at once can be fatal. Add to that some type of Area of Effect like Plagued or Molten and death is quite likely. I know some champs have the Minion skill which means their special attacks can also be used by their regulars. Don't know if Waller/Minion combos are out there but I'd run from them lol

One thing is to have some sort of teleport skill. The monk has one via attacking but I haven't tested with a waller yet.

- In caves it's hard to stay away from edges but I would try as much as possible to keep away from them. I got walled in with my back to a cave wall and could not move at all.

- If you don't have a teleporting ability, any skill the reduces damage or makes you invincible for a short time can really help.

- Have a high dps skill that is ranged.

- Don't try using the town teleporter. Any successful attack on you will interrupt it

Great stuff guys! I'll quote your points into the first post. I wonder if we could use the walls against the enemy. As in moving to the back of the wall and then teleporting out, for those who can. The enemy would effectively be walled in and away from you and would force them to run around the wall which would buy you some time.