Sacred 2 Gold Fact Check

Hey all!

After having numerous issues with Sacred 2 running on Windows 7, my friend is considering wiping it and purchasing the UK version instead, since it's received further patches, and seems to still work alright for those with it. Before spending the $23 on it, though, we wanted to double-check a few things, just to make sure it's not a wasted effort (and, as she told me to write, she's being neurotic about it ;p).

1. Does the UK version in fact run on US computers -- (From what I've read: True)
  2. Does the UK version run in Windows 7, Home or Ultimate version? -- (I'm not sure, still)
  3. How many installs does one copy allow? (ie. how many computers can we install it on, legally) -- (I think this was 3 for the standard version, but I'm unsure about Gold)
  4. Can different computers play together in a LAN game, with Gold, if they are using the same registration key? -- (I know this worked for standard, but I'm usure for Gold)

I did a lot of digging around on the subject, before posting this, but again I wanted to be certain on all the facts before uninstall/purchase.

Thanks for helping us out! :lol:

~Jaggy

Oh, I did find Schot's post about uninstall and reinstall of the UK version (thanks for being awesome as usual, Schot!), so no need to repost all that. Also, I'd like to apologize, if this is in the wrong place...I'm sorry! :sweating:

Edited by JaguarGal

Guess this is as good a place as any. Although could be placed under Bugs, Feedback and Troubleshooting.

Mods be deciding.

I'm quite sure I have confirmed answers to the first couple questions.

1. Yep. That doesn't really mean a thing, as comps aren't area-branded, which sometimes causes troubles with console games and movies. So no worries. You might as well buy a comp from China or somewhere and it would be all good. :)

2. Fully patched with Ice and Blood everything should work just fine and dandy, and that's from personal experience. Still, added Should, as this IS afterall, Sacred 2, which has it's own quirks. And for some smoothing, go with CM-patch. Marcus and the team have ironed out tons of stuff.

About the other two, I'm not exactly sure, leaving it with folks more knowledgeable. :blush:

Hey all!

After having numerous issues with Sacred 2 running on Windows 7, my friend is considering wiping it and purchasing the UK version instead, since it's received further patches, and seems to still work alright for those with it. Before spending the $23 on it, though, we wanted to double-check a few things, just to make sure it's not a wasted effort (and, as she told me to write, she's being neurotic about it ;p).

1. Does the UK version in fact run on US computers -- (From what I've read: True)
  2. Does the UK version run in Windows 7, Home or Ultimate version? -- (I'm not sure, still)
  3. How many installs does one copy allow? (ie. how many computers can we install it on, legally) -- (I think this was 3 for the standard version, but I'm unsure about Gold)
  4. Can different computers play together in a LAN game, with Gold, if they are using the same registration key? -- (I know this worked for standard, but I'm usure for Gold)

I did a lot of digging around on the subject, before posting this, but again I wanted to be certain on all the facts before uninstall/purchase.

Thanks for helping us out! :lol:

~Jaggy

Oh, I did find Schot's post about uninstall and reinstall of the UK version (thanks for being awesome as usual, Schot!), so no need to repost all that. Also, I'd like to apologize, if this is in the wrong place...I'm sorry! :sweating:

Wow.. The price has come down a bit...! Last I checked, it was 10 quid more...

Answers:

1.) Yes.. It does. It runs on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and even Windows 8 (as long as you've got a good copy). There are installation instructions available here on the Sacred Wiki and even includes tips on how to install on Windows 7.

2.) All versions of Windows 7 should be supported - Home Premium to Ultimate. Not so sure Starter version would cut it though - given that edition is limited to netbooks and those generally don't have the horsepower to run a game as robust as Sacred 2.

3.) Technically, unlimited. There's a caveat though. You can only ACTIVATE the game with the same key up to 4 times in a 3 month period. However, you CAN use the revoke tool to remove the license from an installed game - and as long as you remember to do that, it's pretty much unlimited.

4.) I believe so.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Don't have Gold, but my daughters and cousins played the Addon with 2 copies on 5 machines in LAN in winter breaks. As long you can register the game, there is no further check in LAN. Think it is same for gold.

Don't have Gold, but my daughters and cousins played the Addon with 2 copies on 5 machines in LAN in winter breaks. As long you can register the game, there is no further check in LAN. Think it is same for gold.

Just as an FYI...

Sacred 2 Gold is nothing more than the repackaging of Fallen Angel and Ice and Blood as one unit. In the case of the download found at the top of most pages on DarkMatters, that is an electronic distribution of Fallen Angel + Ice and Blood. It's for those who have never purchased it before and don't want to buy each game separately.

It's pretty much the same story as Sacred Gold which contained the original Sacred and the Underworld expansion.

So... Your point applies to Gold.

I bought Sacred 2 Gold box version but I could never get it to install. It always hung indefinitely after requesting the 2nd disk. I tried everything under the sun to get it to install, but no luck. So I have the box just sitting on the shelf, and I play a downloaded version with no problems whatsoever. I've had maybe a handful of crashes with hundreds of hours of playing.