Monster Affixes

Thought I would post this as you increase in difficulty/acts, new abilities appear and monsters can have multiple ones. If you are playing HC and run up against a waller/jailer with some type of Area of Effect, my suggestion is to exit the game and re-enter. There are several combo's that be very lethal. I'd rather run and fight another day than to go out in a blaze of glory (gory?)

Monster Affixes and Screenshots of each type in action can be found here

List/Description only below (all info from diablowiki.com):

• Arcane Enchanted - Monsters enchanted with Arcane Enchanted trait deal additional arcane damage and have the ability to summon orbs which fire rotating arcane beams
  • Avenger - When a Champion group imbued with Avenger arrives, the death of each group member imbues the remaining Champions with added power as they wreak their frenzied vengeance on the Hero
  • Desecrator - A monster with Desecrator trait creates a glowing void zone beneath the targeted Hero that
  • Electrified - A monster with the Electrified trait has higher lightning resistance, deals additional lightning damage and discharges sparks across the floor in random directions when stuck. When the monster dies it leaves an electric ball that will continue to generate sparks for a short time
  • Extra Health - This trait bestows the imbued monster with extra HP
  • Fast - This makes monsters run, attack and cast magic faster
  • Fire Chains - Champion backs are attached by a fire chain. The Hero suffers damage if he touches or even gets near one of the fire links.
  • Frozen - Monster with the Frozen affix can summon frost orbs that grow and eventually explode causing cold damage and applying a Chill and a Freeze debuff
  • Health Link - Health Link reduces the amount of damage taken by the champion with that trait by linking his HP to that of all other Health Link champions in the area
  • Horde - Horde increases the squad of minions that spawn with a rare monster, crowding the battlefield
  • Illusionist - The Illusionist trait imbues a creature with the ability to create dangerous clones of itself
  • Invulnerable Minions - Monsters imbued with this trait arrive with a squad of indestructible puppet minions and an expanded heath pool
  • Jailer - This trait gives monsters the ability to immobilize the Hero in a conjured prison
  • Knockback - Knockback allows monsters to push back the player a short distance with each connecting blow, whether it be ranged or melee
  • Missile Dampening - Creatures imbued with the trait generate a reddish sphere around themselves. Any projectile entering this sphere moves 50% slower than normal
  • Molten - Monsters that spawn with this trait deal extra fire damage. In addition, they leave trailing pools of lava that deal fire damage over time. Any non-minion monster killed with this trait leaves a time bomb that will explode after 3 seconds, dealing large amounts of fire damage
  • Mortar - Monsters with mortar can lob several fireballs that deal splash damage on impact.
  • Nightmarish - Nightmarish monsters have a chance to fear the player on hit and can be triggered from both melee and ranged attacks
  • Plagued - Monsters enchanted with Plagued leave pools of poisonous green goo around them for 9 seconds
  • Reflects Damage - A portion of damage given to an enemy is reflected back to you (Bug with Demented Fallen)
  • Shielding - This trait gives the monster a brief period of invulnerability to all forms of damage
  • Teleporter - Gives the monster the ability to teleport to a nearby location
  • Thorns - When you strike a Thorns-imbued foe with a melee attack, you suffer automatic damage in return
  • Waller - Monsters with Waller can summon earthen walls between the player and the monster, or sometimes behind the player to prevent escape
  • Vampiric - This trait allows monster to literally feast on the damage they inflict to you by turning it into health for themselves
  • Vortex - Grants the ability to forcibly pull the player right next to the monster

One thing I found out the hard way is sometimes your followers can really hurt you. Example I ran into some Vampiric/Molten foes. My follower wasn't smart enough to leave the the fire and the enemy was able to continually replenish it's HP until the follower died.

Mortar- They have a minimum range. Once within melee range the fireballs can't hurt you. If you have a skill that will pull them to you, it's easy to beat them.

Hoping to list some of the more deadly combos in subsequent posts and ways to counter them.

OMG !

And I just got that achievement last night for killing 100 of them before they explode, Sheer Lunacy. Apt title I guess :bomb:

Knuckles, this is AMAZING list. I've just been pondering over all this terror all compressed nice and neatly into one page.

Why thank you!

:)

gogo

:explode: gahhhh, these affixes are the worst sometimes. Had to post this because it literally just happened to me. Had 3 elite champs (the big lacuni hunters in Act II) with the affix Teleporter/Fire Chains. They keep teleporting and surrounding my Witch Doctor in the Fire Chains while I could do nothing but run. They killed me, but luckily I had a resurrection skill on Witch Doctor so I was able to make a last second get away. But dang, some of these affix combinations are just cruel :(

but luckily I had a resurrection skill on Witch Doctor so I was able to make a last second get away. But dang, some of these affix combinations are just cruel :(

There is a resurrection skill?

:o

WOW... and so glad you made it away too!

:bounce:

gogo

I know both Witch Doctor and Monk have passives that resurrect them if they reach 0% health, and the effect can only be used once every 90 seconds. Maybe other classes have similar skills? :)

I know both Witch Doctor and Monk have passives that resurrect them if they reach 0% health, and the effect can only be used once every 90 seconds. Maybe other classes have similar skills? :)

Ooh..Im playing a monk, will look forward to that!