Set items...............do they even exist ?

Hi.

I was just wondering if anyone has been fortunate enough to see a set item ?

Even though I have a toon with high MF% I haven't seen a single set piece, so far.

I have had 6 or 7 legendaries drop, but I have found them to be rather dissapointing, tbh.

It seems very odd, as sets were quite common in D2. IIRC the set items started at just level 3 in D2, so you could start to collect them very early on.

Can't quite get my head around items atm. Rares seem to be the only ones worth bothering with, in my experience.

Just as a side note, the GAH prices are out of control, IMHO. Even average items command a very high price.To upgrade your gear costs a fortune. Shame I can't sell mine even after reducing the price. Obviously my stuff just don't have a market !

Steve.

Well, I havent seen any sets and have only had the one legendary drop so can't really comment or speculate.

However, on your GAH comment, I did try to sell things a few times for what seemed to be around the going rate, but the problem is if you don't get an amazing drop they aren't going to stand out and so are hard to notice for people that will probably sort by max dps and min buyout cost (using weapons as an example). I've found that selling for between 2-10k usually works (I've only so far gotten an HC toon to level 28 in normal so no drops have been spectacular ergo the lowish price) in getting a sale for every rare I try. I imagine the same can be done for higher level items, and while I know that you wont get max value for money, I figure I can't be bothered trying to luck out on a high price if it means it never sells and since the alternative is selling at a merchant, less profit is better than none :)

There are sets but they are all level 60 or above ! And I believe you can only find them in Inferno difficulty (not 100% sure on this) but I doubt you could run a level 60 toon in Normal and find them.

Typically on the GAH I look for 2 attributes. Vitality and whatever my primary stat is. A lot of the other mods are nice but not critical for survival. So I will buy a blue if those 2 stats are high enough (especially rings/amulets as rares are way too expensive). So if you find a ring with +50 to Dex, Str and Int, it's really not that good as your character can only use one stat. But someone will try to sell it at an outrageous price.

Being in HC I have given up on MF totally. Even if I find a great piece of equip I can find something much better on the GAH. So in order to buy gear I have resorted to also selling. It's not too bad as I've sold about 750k worth of stuff.From what I've found, these are what people will pay top gold for:

Vit + Str, Dex or Int

Sockets

+ Attack Speed

+ Life on Kill or Hit

The more of these on one piece the more you can charge

Hi and many thanks for the feed back.

That's a shock on the sets. A huge dissapointment for me as I really enjoyed trying to get a complete set in D2. Oh well.

On the GAH, I gave up trying to sell 99% of rares and just sell them to in-game merchants.

You're right about those stats Knuckles.Having an item with all 4 is a bit of a waste. Only thing you can do is use it on several builds, if the stats are high enough. That's the beauty of a shared stash.

I've sold all my legendaries, but only after reducing them greatly as they wouldn't shift for the 'going rate'.

Sockets in an item can make a big difference on the GAH.

My main toon's classes are DH & monk, so I always look for high dex first. Anything else is a bonus. They are both in sc, so although nice, vit isn't essential.

I do have 1 hc toon. A barb, but I've only played him up to around level 11, so I haven't worried too much about buying goods except a nice wep.

Steve.

On the GAH, I gave up trying to sell 99% of rares and just sell them to in-game merchants.

You could still make some extra money selling them on the auction house...even if its only a few times over the profit from ingame merchants, enough rares drop to bring in the money over time.

You could still make some extra money selling them on the auction house...even if its only a few times over the profit from ingame merchants, enough rares drop to bring in the money over time.

I put them up for auction for a reasonable price and most of them don't sell. I reduce the price to face value and they still don't sell. That's why I gave up.

like Knuckles said, if they don't have that something special they aren't worth the effort.

The thing I find annoying about the auction is that you can only have 10 items for sale at any time. Daft.

like Knuckles said, if they don't have that something special they aren't worth the effort.

That's the biggest piece of advice I use at the Auction House. If you look at an item and say I wouldn't use that, it's not worth selling because likely other players aren't going to want to buy it. That's why I sell the not so stellar rares to the ingame merchant and the other good ones on the AH :)

There are sets but they are all level 60 or above ! And I believe you can only find them in Inferno difficulty (not 100% sure on this) but I doubt you could run a level 60 toon in Normal and find them.

Typically on the GAH I look for 2 attributes. Vitality and whatever my primary stat is. A lot of the other mods are nice but not critical for survival. So I will buy a blue if those 2 stats are high enough (especially rings/amulets as rares are way too expensive). So if you find a ring with +50 to Dex, Str and Int, it's really not that good as your character can only use one stat. But someone will try to sell it at an outrageous price.

Being in HC I have given up on MF totally. Even if I find a great piece of equip I can find something much better on the GAH. So in order to buy gear I have resorted to also selling. It's not too bad as I've sold about 750k worth of stuff.From what I've found, these are what people will pay top gold for:

Vit + Str, Dex or Int

Sockets

+ Attack Speed

+ Life on Kill or Hit

The more of these on one piece the more you can charge

I agree completely with what you're written here. That's exactly how I spec my filters for when I'm in AH. Last night a strange thing happened at around level 44.. someone I was playing with wanted to keep running maghda over and over...I asked him what he was doing it for since the devs have stated that doing boss runs does not yield items that much anymore, mainly elite packs...but the dude responded to me "try having more than 50% mf and see what happens"

Maybe I will give it a go after all, Schot is running with more than 100 % MF

:)

gogo

+all resist is very valuable as well (and to some degree +armor, mostly in combination with all res however), I can only imagine more so on HC. More important than vitality - though both are needed of course.

Having more MF gear on for bosses should have quite low effect on drops, until you get the Nephalem Buff.

Hey shadout

I can see the resists being more important, I just recently got my last toon (died!) to level 44 HC, and drops were beginning to change, showing more and more resists...eee... the balancing gets bigger

:oooo:

gogo

p.s. I'm gonna do a filter for +all resists...must be pretty rare?

Never had a set drop for me but have seen set items at levels as low as 23 in AH. There are a few "60-only" sets, but also sets that drops at different levels. Several pieces worn of the same set gives set bonuses.

As far as all resists go, I can not survive without it after act 1 hell :)

Edited by Erling

Yup resists are also pretty important...missed that on first post. Luckily the Monk has a cool passive that will increase all resists to the one you have the most in...So say Fire was at 50% and the rest were 10%, that passive would increase them all to 50%. Makes shopping sooo much easier. In Hell I was filtering with these:

Vit

Dex

Cold Resist (since I had more cold then anything else at the time)

Too bad I can't use 4 filters, otherwise I would have had Sockets or +Life Each Hit.