Diablo 3 Enemy Resistance stats

Hey guys

When I'm in nightmare now, I find that I'm cycling through all of my Skills to find something that is especially good at tearing through a particular enemy type's resistances.

is there a place I can find this listed easily?

For example, against undead, or skellies when we first start out...is there a guide or table somewhere that lists native monster, enemy resistances so I can use the best elemental skill against it?

Thanks!

:)

gogo

For example, against undead, or skellies when we first start out...is there a guide or table somewhere that lists native monster, enemy resistances so I can use the best elemental skill against it?

I tried looking on the internet for some kind of information regarding enemy resistances, but no one seems to know anything :Just_Cuz_21: My guess is that the Official Game Guide has the tables somewhere in it, but I don't have a copy myself. Maybe someone else does? :bounce:

Yah, hoping someone has a link, it seems like I spend so much time cycling through Combat Arts...I'm still never sure what works best gainst skellies, undead, etc

twitch.gif

gogo

Been wondering about this too gogo. So far as I've read enemies can have resistances to elements but not weaknesses but there's not much on the subject. The idea is to ensure your damage is not the same as their resistances in order to ensure your output is optimal. Another way of putting is to ensure your damage is always at 100% by using damage that is not the same as their resistances. As far as I've read you can not achieve more than 100% damage via specific elemental damage. However! Elemental damage does have side effects which is the incentive to use them. Cold damage will chill enemies I think, etc...

Cold damage is the only one with a side effect (chill). Cold dmg bonus is also a bit lower to "compensate".

No resistance information available as far as I know, but presumably certain elite affixes comes with build-in resistances. Such as Plagued mobs being more resistant to poison, Electrified being more resistant to electric dmg, arcane enchanted being arcane resistant etc.

<br />Cold damage is the only one with a side effect (chill). Cold dmg bonus is also a bit lower to "compensate".<br /><br />

Didn't know this! Is this tested/published info by Blizzard here? LInk, please if possible, and have is been definitey said by company that there are no secondary effects coming from any of our native elemental damages outgoing?

Trust, cool that this info is not out there yet, seems like some delicious testing is in order then!

:bounce:

gogo

No resistance information available as far as I know, but presumably certain elite affixes comes with build-in resistances. Such as Plagued mobs being more resistant to poison, Electrified being more resistant to electric dmg, arcane enchanted being arcane resistant etc.

Yup, you're right about that! The affix gives the monster extra resistance to whatever element the affix is. For reference like Shadout said:

Plagued = Poison Resist

Frozen = Cold Resist

Molten = Fire Resist

Arcane Enchanted = Magic Resist

Electrified = Electric Resist

Didn't know this! Is this tested/published info by Blizzard here?

:bounce:

Yeah.

From a Q&A:

Why was elemental damage cut?

Primarily due players preference of DPS over everything. As we played the game we found everyone just moved to the damage type that did the most damage. If we equalized damage they ignored ones that didn't have CC options. Case in point, we kept the slow on cold and gave it a lower damage budget and its the least used damage type now.

Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6317360/Diablo_III_Developer_AMAA_Transcript-6_15_2012#blog

Edited by Shadout

Oh well.

Outdated info is outdated, as of 1.0.3 patch.

"•Plagued, Arcane Enchanted, and Electrified monsters no longer have resistance to Poison, Arcane, and Lightning damage (respectively)"