Long time no see :)

Hi you all.

Long time no see. I used to play sacred 2 on console. For personal reasons I moved to the US in the process sold pretty everything I had.

I found a sweet deal on newegg and now I've a laptop that is able to run game for 500$ :)

Definitely not the race car among the gaming laptop but should get the job done.

I'm currently playing Diablo III. I'm liking it but I find it different from either Titan quest and Sacred 2.

I actually planning to get both those games.

I'm a bit lost at the moment wrt where to buy Sacred 2 and it extension (which I never had the chance to experience).

I definitely plan to instal the CM patch as it seems to bring a lot on the table on top of fixing quiet some bugs.

So first question, what are your recommendation on that matter?

Then I always tic well with the Inquisitor, I could definitely play that class again.

On PC modding is an option but after reading a few threads here it's tough to come with a synthetic comprehensive views about what is doable or not and easily or not.

Whereas I like the Inquisitor I would definitely want to do a "balancing act' of my own.

I would want to modify the attributes and at which pace they are increasing (survival bonus aside)?

Is that doable? If it can't be change can I switch the Inquisitor attribute to the High elf ones?

I would also want to take CAs from other classes to replace some of the existing CAs which I find too weak, useless or way too circumstantial.

That seems to be doable, but is it doable to slightly rework them and that include the mods?

For example IF I replace PC with GR (SW) can I easily modify GR so it grants less extra life and affect strength instead of wisdom?

I may also want to edit the first mods lowering the bonus to life points or providing hp regen?

Another thing I would want to do is to change RP from a buff to something akin to FF or PD and change the reflective property to either block or evade?

Is that doable?

I may want to use Beefeegee instead of RP for the buff in the AS aspect, that sound doable.

But I would want to tweak BFG so it no longer summons a canon of some form but a 2H light saber. (so changing the weapon type).

I may want to change the bonus bfg provides from range to sword weapon.

I may want to change a mod that doesn't make sense with a sword (piercing property => chance to hit multiple opponents for example).

Is that doable?

I would completely rework the NN aspect.

I would most likely do something like that

DS untouched

IS untouched

PD sent to the GI aspect replacing MP and replaced by ZD (from as aspect)

ED replaced by Shadow step

SR => tweaked in such way. it grant a bonus (50% or more) to attack and defense value from scratch, and lessening the boost granted by souls.

WRT to the ZD I think it's kind of broken the AI is not up to the task to make something good with him. I may favor something closer to either the fire demon NA (from SW).

It looks like quiet a change and all together I would think that starting from the Fire Demon CA might be the way to go as the mod make sense for plenty of creature/monster.

I would want to summon a creature AI will have no trouble making the most of. Do you think that could work?

Do you think I could change FD form buff to something akin to ZD (so not a buff)?

Thanks for your response and enjoy your gaming cessions :)

Edited by super-avianti

Not sure where to post that either but if somebody want I could post a more detailed version about why I tweak the Inquisitor this way and this, and why I would give him and remove that, etc.

I had idea about this back in time, but I guess having quit the game for a while as make my idea more clearer, don't want to sound not humble or anything but I believe it's a good balancing of the class as a whole (there are stuff I would remove even though it's not stated in the post above).

There are a few threads through this section of the forum which detail how to edit spells, such as swap them between classes and such, and if you look for the wiki page on tokens that will give you some info on what you can replace in Combat Arts to provide different bonuses.

I read the wiki pages about the CM patch but I miss that one. It looks like I could get close to what I want to achieve :)

No problem. If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask. I don't have sacred 2 installed at the moment, but did do a fair bit of messing around with the Combat Arts at one point so if I can remember anything may be able to be of some help :)