Life Leech Talon SW

Hi, although these forums seem kind of dead, I thought I might give it a try. So far I've been playing many different characters (playing Ice and Blood CM130 Patch)

- staff dryad with staff mastery for darting assault imbaness and Nature aspect for boss hunting

- boss killer seraphim by dobri (life leech shuriken)

- Utility Pyro HE

The seraphim is quite good at killing the guardians, but I wanted something even faster, so I made the dryad, in analogy to the Dual Wield INT Dryad, but with adjusted skills (DW->staff mastery, combat disc->EP), although the darting assualt works nice, the boss killingis not really working, guess acute got nerfed alot + I am not dual wielding staffs. So now I was going to try the SW leech build, but I ddint find it anywhere, except in a video on youtube. I extracted all the info, but I am not exaclty sure on the skills, as I mightve made a mistake when calculating the available skill points. Escpecially when it comes to the level 2 skill and toughness, where the actual skill level and the boni are not really in sync, plus I got no idea where to put my attribute points each level. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge can help me out, or make this build even better. So here it is:

And this is the info:

everything with buffs and items. char level 78. SB 79%

item bonus':

STR +21

STA +6

VIT +19

WIL +22

Offensive Skills +1

All Skills +45

Tactics Lore +9

Combat Reflexes +17

Toughness +6

Spell Resistance +7

Attack Value +31,5%

Defense Value +402,5%

buff bonus:

Attack Value +60

WIL +585

Max HP +3784

Def Value +195

Stats with bonus (no item/buff bonus, SB not calcualted, so this might be off)

STR: 318 (297)

DEX: 361 (361)

STA: 291 (285)

INT: 241 (241)

VIT: 331 (312)

WIL: 892 (285)

Skills: (hard points) [calculation broken down]

level 2: Malevolent Champion Focus 50 (1) [1+45+?]

level 3: Tactics Lore 130 (75)[75+45+9+1]

level 5: concentration 46 (1) [1+45]

level 8: Dual Wield 121 (75) [75+45+1]

level 12: Armor Lore 120 (75) [75+45]

level 18: Combat Reflexes 63 (1) [1+45+17]

level 25: Constitution 120 (75) [75+45]

level 35: Toughness 53 (1) [1+45+6] one point missing

level 50: Death Warrior Focus 46 (1) [1+45]

level 65: Spell Resistance 53 (1) [1+45+7]

note: if I am not mistaken level 78 should give 301 skill points, which

is 75*4+1, so MC Focus is propably level 1, while toughness

got one extra point

Mastery Order

1. Tactics Lore

1. Dual Wield

1. Armor Lore

2. Consitution

3-8: unsure

Combat Arts:

Death Warrior

Rousing Command: (level 37, 37 Runes, 61,4s regen, 35,5s duration)

Bronze - Persistence (+duration)

Silver - Spur (+run speed)

Gold - Surge (-regen speed for all CA)

Grim Resilience (Buff): (level 37, 37 Runes, +33,4% regen to all)

Bronze - Rejuvenation (+hp regen rate)

Silver - Readiness (+def value, harder to hit)

Gold - Safeguard (+phys resistance)

Scything Sweep: (level 12, 12 Runes, 1,7s regen)

Bronze - Knockback (+knockback chance, +tumble effect)

Silver - Numb (+stun chance)

Gold - Rage (+additional energy stored)

Malevolent Champion

Reflective Emanation (Buff): (level 38, 23 Runes, +24,1% regen to all)

Bronze - Backlash (ranged reflect)

Silver - Antimagic (magic reflect)

Gold - Ripsote (more damage reflectes)

Killing Spree: (level 37, 29 Runes, 62,5s regen, 23,7s duration)

Bronze - Control (+attack value, +storing up damage)

Silver - Burst (damage bonus to energy discharge)

Gold - Sear (+fire damage to discharge)

Frenzied Rampage: (level 19, 4 Runes, 1,9s regen)

Bronze - Double Attack (attack twice)

Silver - Double Strike (higher chance to doouble attack)

Gold - Vampire (+leech)

Combo 1: (1,9s regen)

Scything Sweep level 12

Frenzied Rampage level 19

Combo 2: (62,5s regen)

Rousing Command level 37

Killing Spree level 37

Set: Denderan's Tactical Genius:

- Aspect: Malecolent Champion +5

- All Skills +5

- Regen Time: Malevolent Champion -17,6%

- Leech life +1,5%

Weapon: Elder's Talons of Iron:

- Life leech +1,7%

- Conversion damage to ice +56,9%

- Combat Reflexes +11

Edited by momomo

Welcome aboard!

Check out this thread as a jumping off point:

Fist Weapons Build - CM Patch

Thanks. To bad JK never got to write that guide he mentioned in the last post, unless he has and I just cannot find it.

I guess going all dex is quite good, as far as I could read in this thread. I still wonder why he took MC Focus in the beginning without spending points in it. I guess Ill just have to make that out myself while playing.

Edit: I think I mightve some troubles getting the whole set. Is EP really important when farming items? Cause if so SW isnt really suitable.

Edited by momomo

Welcome aboard!

Check out this thread as a jumping off point:

Fist Weapons Build - CM Patch

Thanks. To bad JK never got to write that guide he mentioned in the last post, unless he has and I just cannot find it.

I guess going all dex is quite good, as far as I could read in this thread. I still wonder why he took MC Focus in the beginning without spending points in it. I guess Ill just have to make that out myself while playing.

Edit: I think I mightve some troubles getting the whole set. Is EP really important when farming items? Cause if so SW isnt really suitable.

EP isn't really a necessity seeing as the sheer weight of number of things you will kill in this game. Even less so for legendaries perhaps if all you do is kill the nameless guardians again and again. Selecting it will increase the number of sets and uniques that will drop, but its no necessity to get them to drop.

JK got into Closed which did not have fist weapons. That is probably why he never got around to finishing that guide. You could always PM him. If he gets the message, I am sure he would do what he could to help.

JK got into Closed which did not have fist weapons. That is probably why he never got around to finishing that guide. You could always PM him. If he gets the message, I am sure he would do what he could to help.

I see, but no need to trouble him, the build is working out quite good. A weapon specialization isnt needed, because the damage comes from the life leech and DW gives enough hit. One correction to my build: I need 5 points in CM Focus to unlock Conecnetration, so hats where those 5 points come from. Right now I am still a bit squishy, but my 2.4% LL saves me and the guardians drop like flys.

Right now I am working on making the bosses respawnable. Someone posted a guide on how to enable mini bosses in SP again, but once they're dead, you need to reload the server (like in MP, which I am playing) and it takes alot of time. I got as far as identifying the quest giver for the white griffin and also the quest mechanics. I tried making the quest and the npc persistent, but I guess that would only help on SP, because if you kill the girffin the NPC despawns and the quest is finished. If someone knows an infinitely repeatable quest I could check out, pls tell me, but my guess is: once the quest is finished you cannot do it again until a restart.

Interesting is also the bug boss in the crystal region. It has no quest and it respawns if you leave fast enough, but I just cannot find it in the spawn table.

What I might do now is add like 10 new quest giver around the heart of the machine, which will all summon me a guardian, or maybe even 4 :) I hope that works xD

Edit: NPC is coming along. I tried adding one to the heart, but all doors were force closed, guess I got something wrong. For now it will be a boss arena nc on the mp starter isle.

Edited by momomo