Diablo 3 Quickly add 20%+ damage

Just a bit of a heads up on this simple adjustment to your gear which seems to often be overlooked. At least on the public servers. First of all...

Damage rings and amulets are a bit of a rarity in the Auction House and there's good reason for that. There hard to come by and an extremely effective means of upping damage. When I shop for rings and amulets I am willing to forgo all other stats to ensure I get that damage. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed! Naturally, as I hear gogo yelling in the background lol, you'll want to try and find damage rings with sockets so what you can do is set the search criteria in the Auction House for Has Sockets and look for damage and any other stats that may help your hero. If you can't find a damage ring with the search criteria "Has Sockets" then change "Has Sockets" to "None" and look for damage again. The damage bonus stat will always be the first stat in the rings list of stats which makes it easy to browse through rings.

Second! And this is a multi tip. ^^

Gems... Gems are fun to make at the jeweler but they cost money to make so why not buy your Gems at the Auction House instead. The cost os nearly the same but strength of gems are far superior to anything you would be able to make in Normal or Nightmare. Off to the Auction House with you! Now not only can you buy Flawless Square Ruby Gems to socket massive 14-28 bonus damage into your weapon but you could also buy other powerful gems such as the Amethyst in your helm which gives you +% health. An extra 2% can go a long way. :)

Oh and you should absolutely make sockets #1 priority in your weapon. It makes a world of difference. If you don't already have these tips implemented then you could probably get an additional 20-25% damage by doing so.

Cheers!

Definitely agree about the tips Schot! Keep in mind that usually the best thing to socket in a weapon are the ruby's, giving you the +damage modifier which will really up your DPS as you mentioned. Another thing is the helm. I usually like to put a Topaz in the helm, giving a really big +% Magic Find depending on the gem. For survivability, socket in those +% Life Athymest ones that Schot said. Just remember to look at how each gem has three different modifiers depending on where you place it is the bottom line :D

I've been dieing to put a Topaz in my helm but I just can't afford to loose the additional 12% of health I'm getting from my Amethyst. One of these days I'll try it. :D Maybe when I start a new hero.

Haha gogo was telling me to do this in game yesterday.

As a side note, the next patch, 1.03 is meant to lower the cost to combine jewels which will likely see prices drop even lower on the auction house as more people try to sell them.