Guild Wars 2 - World vs World

I have WXP dispersed over 3 characters so I'm not really gaining much for any useful upgrades. I would mostly like to have extra supply, but 20 points for the just 1 extra supply is just waaay to costly. I alternate between siege bunker and balista skills.

Extra supply sounds good on the surface, but seems too expensive for what you get. Besides, most times I really need supply, there is none to be had (we hold the camps, but they are all empty).

Guards are not really an issue, so not much appeal there.

For siege, much more often I find myself on the receiving end rather than the giving end.

Thanks for telling that supply increases by only one at a time, that was the ability I was aiming for. I guess I will be heading for siege-related stuff too.

That kinda favors me... Maybe they realized that a lot of EU players were switching to US servers. Kinda makes sense, but it also sucks...

Well, they have changed WvW reest time yet again.

We are not planning to adjust the server times for DST, because it is just overly complicated to keep up with. As of Friday, taking into account DST, the match up will reset at 6 PM on the West Coast of the United States, which is 9 PM on the East Coast. It will reset at 7 PM in the U.K.

So NA and EU will both have different times for reset? I'm really wondering the real reason behind those changes. Couldn't they just leave the WvW reset at the same time than Daily reset?

So NA and EU will both have different times for reset? I'm really wondering the real reason behind those changes. Couldn't they just leave the WvW reset at the same time than Daily reset?

AFAIK, reset is at the same instant worldwide, it is just time zone differences that you are seeing.

WvW reset used to be the same as Daily reset. That was not good for EU. Right at WvW reset is an important time to be online and to lay a good foundation for the week. Daily reset is past primetime for parts of EU.

Soooo... using all US PAcific Coast times

It moved from 5pm pst to 4pm pdt

Anet moved it to 3pm pdt to accomodate EU (which EU still didn't like)

Sooo... Anet moves it 3 hours later to 6pm pdt

WHICH, once daylight savings time is over will put it

Wait for it.... duh duh duh duh

Back where it started at 5pm pst ><

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like the perma-stealth Thief is back in WvW. Last night Kiyeri and I were upleveled slightly on our latest alts on our BL. We had just retaken the north camp with the help of two random friendlies, when a HoD Thief decloaked. He quickly stomped one of the friendlies and the other bugged out, leaving it a 2v1. I would have assumed a glassy Ranger and a staff Ele to be easy pickings for a Thief, but I would have been wrong. The guy knew his stealth but seemed unable to really hurt us. We got him on the ropes a time or two by interrupting his stealth but were unable to capitalize on it. I am not sure how long the fight lasted, but it is definitely my longest small fight. In the end, we got bored and left.

Heh, I ran from a few of these fights also. The perma stealth thieves don't have enough fire power to finish the job, but they can sure be a pain in the rear for up levels.... like my necro...

I fixed my broken guardian last night and headed to Orr for some karma gear (even though I hate the look). I sold most of my mats and it returned about 20 gold!!! Bought runes of the earth, but in hind sight I think I should have bit the bullet and gone with runes of the dolyak... be that as it may, my guardian is back! I played only about an hour of wvw last night, but ran into two thieves... one was the perma stealth kind which ended in a stale mate with me running away and the other was a good thief that downed me but I rezd of a mob to kill him...

http://mos.millenium.org/na now using the APIs release from Anet.

Auto score update every 1 min and live maps updated every 15 seconds.... and the addiction is satisfied...

Also, here you can now see timers remaining. According to the reddit comments of the creator, the site also uses the GW2 APIs so it (hopefully) shows realtime Tyria boss information.

Big changes coming to WvW Matchups : CLICK HERE

EDIT: Tonight we encountered a whole lot of Henge of Denravi invaders at once :

gw2lotsofred.jpg

Too bad for them they got a little too close to our border, where both our team and the NPCs invulnerable :P

Edited by Flooxim

Here is a snippet from a new blog post:

The TL;DR Version

Basically, when you have a ladder for any kind of competition, all of the matchups dont normally happen at the exact same time. You also normally have a pretty big group of entries in the ladder to choose from, which means that youre matched with the closest opponent at the time the matchup is created. In the case of WvW, there are only 24 servers and the matchups all occur at the same time.

To counter this, were going to partially randomize server matchups, with the exception being we wont match servers against other servers whose rating falls outside of an acceptable range. This range will be determined by using your worlds rating and deviation (already listed on the leaderboards).

For the whole thing: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/big-changes-coming-to-wvw-matchups/?utm_source=client

As many of you know, the first big patch this week messed up the party dots in WvW. ANet has said that they have identified the bug, and are working on it.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Green-dots-everywhere-not-a-blue-in-sight/first#post2124872

And apparently the new matchups will not start this week.

We were hoping to roll out the new matchup system for the next matchups but unfortunately we ran into a few snags. We are working hard to get everything working 100% correctly and tested and should be able to start the new matchups once weve checked everything. Ill make sure to be back to let you all know as far ahead of time as I can. My apologies for the inconvenience.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Update-on-new-matchups

As many of you know, the first big patch this week messed up the party dots in WvW. ANet has said that they have identified the bug, and are working on it.
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Green-dots-everywhere-not-a-blue-in-sight/first#post2124872

This bug has been supposedly fixed, according to this : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2013-06-03

Edited by Flooxim
  • 2 weeks later...

These new match-ups may well be the worst thing ANet has done to WvW. I have never previously even considered leaving Ferg, but now... :sigh:

Is it really this bad? You had a rough time last night?

These new match-ups may well be the worst thing ANet has done to WvW. I have never previously even considered leaving Ferg, but now... :sigh:

Is it really this bad? You had a rough time last night?

It was not just last night. This has been building up for some time.

Last night, Kiy and I never even made it to FC's only commander on our BL. We kept getting zerg'd down by the numerous enemy groups wandering freely across our map.

Yup the situation is really bad at the moment... people are just not interested any more and we're loosing a lot of players which makes a bad situation even worse.

I'm sorry to say, but there really is no other server that could fit in with FC and ET. At a time I thought that maybe we'd give NSP or DR a run for their money, but DR is winning against SF and NSP is holding their own against IoJ. That really leaves any of the "old" T7 servers beating us hands down.

I don't think that NA and EU servers would ever be pitted against each other and so we are left with a hideous out manned situation week in and week out. I really don't want to leave FC because I respect all the players I've got to know in WvW, but the situation is what it is.

Our only hope would be to form some kind of alliance with ET and steer clear of attacking each other. There would be the odd battle on EB of course but if FC and ET don't pull together to fight off the larger numbers in unison, we're going to face frustration for many more months to come... and I'm growing a little tiresome of not being able to do squat against the sea of red just steam rolling our keeps and towers.

:huh::flu: :nooo: :mad: :cstars:

I cannot see myself actually leaving Ferg. [FDM] cannot have its guild leader on a different server. What I can say is, FC will be seeing a lot less of me in WvW.

The dire situation fresh from the horses mouth:

I spoke at length this morning with some commanders from FC (well now in HoD).

I've noticed the absence of Deth and TTA in WvW now for a bit and wondered what was up, but unfortunately got the bad news today...

CO is a guild that formed to try and bring the whole FC WvW effort together. But it is now disbanded. There was some in fighting and some good commanders decided they had enough. The CO commander went to the TTA TS channel at some stage to ask for assistance and was told to gtfo of the channel, because they are busy with PvE stuff. I dunno much of the detail that followed, but the short and sweet is that Linda, Moose and some other commanders already left FC for HoD with most of their guild members.

Gammapulse from BOW is also taking the whole matter into considiration. I also noticed that our Australian buddies (BS) were not so active any more and it turns out that Nugget lost his job and can't actively play anymore (he is the one banding the whole BS effort together). Kyi, I know you're part of BS and mebbe you have the full detail there.

Now my experience in WvW is leaving a real sour taste in my mouth these days, because there is nothing to fight for IMO. We just recap whatever is unguarded and not fighting for any cause. Waaay back when we were owned by Kaineng, it did not seem to matter as much to me, but since I play WvW 99% of the time, there is no fun in being steam rolled with every encounter.

I dunno how much longer I'm willing to stick around on FC and even get some negative responses in map chat because I'm not a commander. I'm trying to get the effort together a lot of times when we have no commanders online (which is fairly often these days), and people don't react that well to a "normal" player giving instructions. I'm not really giving instructions, just asking for assistance with this and that.... when we loose an objective I asked to assist with defending, I may get a little assertive, but that just gets too many negative responses. Linda had this same issue loads of times and I really don't blame her/him for all the strong language retorts.

I know that if a guild moves servers then all the influence and upgrades are lost...

So this is just a discussion starter on what your thoughts are. Our WvW presence is dwindling by the minute and with commanders and active WvW guilds leaving it turns a dire situation in a down right unpleasant one.

I don't want to just xfer to "the winning" team, but I certainly don't like being on the 2nd worst server for ever... I have to admit that xferring is a strong thought for me atm.

EDIT: I had a word with Sgt Pablo Sanchez. He said that he has no intentions of moving servers but herd that we can expect an influx of players. I said that it would have to be at least 100 people to make any significant difference and he said that it should be much more than that! So there is a little light at the end of the tunnel!

Edited by Scleameth

If FDM was to transfer servers, we would lose all our influence and upgrades. By my count, we have 3 or 4 representing members who play regularly. Considering that, it would take a long time to build everything back up.

It would also cost every individual member 500-1800 gems, depending on what server we went to. That would be $6.25-22.50 US or 15-54gp.

Another option would be for those interested in WvW to transfer and just guest back to Ferg to PvE with guildies. Those members would not receive any guild buffs from Ferg and would not earn influence for the main guild.