Guild Wars 2 - World vs World

Hot off the press:

Every one is coming back to FC! Well that is what I heard from Nounnoud who spoke to Decima. Moose even helped us out as a spy in HoD last night, so I'm not sure if the rumours are true or not.

If we get all the regulars back with the rumoured influx of 100+ WvW players then I think FC might be a much more pleasant experience in WvW.

Keep the faith.

• Like! 1

Hot off the press:

Every one is coming back to FC! Well that is what I heard from Nounnoud who spoke to Decima. Moose even helped us out as a spy in HoD last night, so I'm not sure if the rumours are true or not.

If we get all the regulars back with the rumoured influx of 100+ WvW players then I think FC might be a much more pleasant experience in WvW.

Keep the faith.

If it's true, hopefully it has been the last time I read such a wild conversation like the one they had last night.

This past week has been a really unpleasant experience for me in WvW. I've spoken to 2 brand new players to WvW and they both said that they don't like the communication on map chat - that is all the foul language, insults, degrading players abilities or what they are doing. People are leaving and new players don't want to even give it a second go because of all the jerks in FC. I had a few words with some TTA members about their "mightier than thou" attitude and even though some of them might be good players, their attitude really sucks and it's far too easy for them to just lash out at anyone who's not such a superhero as they are.

I can't stand playing the game as it is now here in FC and I don't even have the drive towards making FC a better WvW server anymore; and, I dare say, I lost a lot of enthusiasm toward playing GW2. Teamspeak is empty most of the time and it looks like our regular commanders did not return after their mass exodus. I really only see regular commanders like Archelise (one of the nicer TTA guys), Micbobo and Remnant Militant (probably the nicest guy out there).

I hate that FC has given it's self this tag of a small group of "indestructible" players that you better fear when we are near. It's not like that at all. We win 50% of even battles IMHO. And if we wipe then map chat is filled with complaints and insults. It just feels like no-one is really having any fun and if we don't dominate with smaller numbers then it's OK to just blabber all your frustrations toward all the "pugs". Very few realise that it's these "pugs" that we want to come back time and time again and expand our numbers. Problem is that things are getting worse, not better.

I'm once again seriously considering moving to another server just to get away from these elitist jerks that think of themselves as the gods of WvW.

This past week has been a really unpleasant experience for me in WvW. I've spoken to 2 brand new players to WvW and they both said that they don't like the communication on map chat - that is all the foul language, insults, degrading players abilities or what they are doing. People are leaving and new players don't want to even give it a second go because of all the jerks in FC. I had a few words with some TTA members about their "mightier than thou" attitude and even though some of them might be good players, their attitude really sucks and it's far too easy for them to just lash out at anyone who's not such a superhero as they are.

I can't stand playing the game as it is now here in FC and I don't even have the drive towards making FC a better WvW server anymore; and, I dare say, I lost a lot of enthusiasm toward playing GW2. Teamspeak is empty most of the time and it looks like our regular commanders did not return after their mass exodus. I really only see regular commanders like Archelise (one of the nicer TTA guys), Micbobo and Remnant Militant (probably the nicest guy out there).

I hate that FC has given it's self this tag of a small group of "indestructible" players that you better fear when we are near. It's not like that at all. We win 50% of even battles IMHO. And if we wipe then map chat is filled with complaints and insults. It just feels like no-one is really having any fun and if we don't dominate with smaller numbers then it's OK to just blabber all your frustrations toward all the "pugs". Very few realise that it's these "pugs" that we want to come back time and time again and expand our numbers. Problem is that things are getting worse, not better.

I'm once again seriously considering moving to another server just to get away from these elitist jerks that think of themselves as the gods of WvW.

I wish I could say I was surprised. I have not played WvW in a while (been trying to get my fix thru sPvP) but I still hear things. The talk is not good.

If you decide you have to leave Ferg, I hope you find a good home. I imagine the random matches would make choosing a server more of a gamble.

*shrug*

I love WvW so much its about all I do in GW2, and it has been so for some time.

It sometimes is frustratin when we get steam rolled, and for sure I have seen insults, TS3 superiority speech, et cetera, like everyone else.

It has been so disheartening w TS3 discussion of PUGs and the 'stupid people' that I no longer log in to TS3 for any reason at all.

But I do play WvW, and it has not been as bad lately for me. I've played for hours, used map chat only, followed commanders, made plenty of gold, and it was not a negative experience. Lately what has been fairly successful is just ignoring negative people till they go away. It was certainly worth my while to survive it, and lately we've been on the offensive as well as just attemptin to survive superior number offensives from larger servers. If all you're doin is running from one place to another getting beat up, that's no fun. It has been fun lately

I always thought WvW gold was a myth. Even during the best of times, it was significantly worse than leisurely open world PvE. Now... On Monday I think I finished at either -3.2 or -4.8sp.

Well I'm still "hanging in there" on FC - some nights are better than others and I still have that original attachment to the server which I probably won't have on any other server.

But I wish there would be some new touch to WvW - I maintain that Divinity's Reach would make an excellent WvW map "as is". Running around just back capping whatever the larger servers take at will is getting old. Everyone wants to gain WXP and the fastest way is unfortunately sticking with the zerg. Baby sitting a tower which will most likely be flipped whether you're to defend it or not is really not the most exciting part of the game. With all the nasty-ness on FC lately it's been hard to rekindle the love for WvW I once had and even though I'm still playing it a lot, I've been looking into DC Universe Online as an alternative.

Making gold in WvW is all about selling everything (don't salvage) and putting the heavy loot bags onto the TP. I recently made a good sum of money by selling all my mid level crafting items on the TP and last time I checked my bank is pretty puffed up with mid range crafting mats from all the medium loot bags. Should be another 3 or 4 gold waiting. I have no interest in crafting any more so everything is just goooooold.

Yeah, back capping is kinda a pain for sure, avoiding the zerg from the higher populated servers.

But, Yesserday it wasn't like that at all.

We're red in FC this week, and we were able to rebuff a zerg from GoM hitting Mendon's three times before they took it. Wiping their zerg twice. Then they attempted to hit Overlook four times, with six golems, and we ran them off each time. RE: world points, I started out w my mesmer (the one very similar to lujate's mesmer build on Monday at just barely level 27, and yesserday he was almost 32. Plus three other characters gained a total of five lvls in WvW points.

And we ran offensive runs as well, not just sittin around waitin to defend, and runnin from tower to tower to backcap. Flipping Ogre's, camps, towers, open field skirmishes, all kinda stuff. After a few hours just yesserday, GoM and SF started runnin away from our zerg. And it wasn't because we were that much bigger, because they had more numbers than us. They feared us. Feared us. We been the red headed step child of WvW ever since I started.

There was even a few hours we had w/o a commander at all, and people just went out and kept towers, defended em, took em, ran offensives too.

It was mucho funions for me. I have went from 5800 +/- kills to 6150 +/- since I saw lujate the other day. and have finally banked over 20 gold for the first time since starting the game. I am not positive of exactly what changes have occurred w the money thing, but it seems the events seem to pay more or something, because I'll look into my inventory, and all of a sudden I have one and half gold there. This is a pleasant surprise of course.

What you're describing is what I love about wvw!

When I was on yesterday GoM came to EB red keep in waves and waves and they could never penetrate. At one stage they 3 of them tried flanking and ran for their live when me on my lonesky approached them :)

Just bad timing I guess. On Monday, they kept wiping our zerg while we were trying in vane to retake some camps on our own BL. On Tuesday however, our zerg was big enough to take a few things quickly, although we lost them almost immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

Ed, did I see you sporting a commander tag? How is that working for you?

Heh - yeah I got the "tag" :) (Owing 50g to the BOW guild leader) Normally when I'm online there are no commanders and people cry out about our (FC's) poor coverage. Lots of times there are enough people to defend and retake objectives but they just need to be packed together a little.

Last night was actually my first outing as a commander and it was a 50/50... I was surprised what a magnet the lil blue dorito really is. We managed to successfully defend hills in the lord room after a rather serious attack from SF, although it was not any of my commanding skills rather than just pulling people to the dorito.

Afterward got a small group retaking camps while we sieged briar. All went well until we actually streamed into the tower... With few people on team speak and no mesmers around for a portal bomb or veils we were forced to just charge in. I found myself all alone at the keep lord as the rest of the group was mowed down by ACs. 20/20 hind sight I should have taken the slow approach and built a treb to carpet bomb any ACs and balistas they had inside.

Unfortunately I had to leave right after that fail and it probably seemed like I chickened out after a failed attempt, but my son has bronchitis and I could continue playing at the expense of facing the full wrath of my my wife :)

I intend only on "popping the tag" when there are no other commanders around.

I'm really glad that most commanders take the PG13 issue seriously these days when it comes to TS. So here's to hoping for some better co-ordination. It's really difficult to type commands tbh.

Edited by Scleameth

Last night, we launched a 2-man attack on Hills on HoD. I dropped a catapult against the west wall and we put 20 supply into it. We ran to the SE camp for more supply (OMG, I have never seen so many quaggan guards). Ran back towards the cata, in plain view of a couple of HoD that were standing on the south steps to the keep. Put 20 more supply into the cata and went back to resupply. Came back from the camp, the HoD guys were still there, but they made no move. We finished our catapult and began hitting the wall. It took them a minute or so to find us. The first HoD who jumped down quickly learned that was a bad idea. Unfortunately though, we were outnumbered and they held the high ground. Our cata was destroyed and we had no choice but to fall back. Overall, we took the wall down to about 80%.

Silly and foolhardy, but jolly good fun!