Guild Wars 2 - Launching August 28

We finally know when it will be officially released. And you were right with your prediction for BWE3.

EDIT : And some of us will have access to the game on August 25th, which happens to be a Saturday! Could it be more awesome?

Max

Edited by Flooxim

I am going to be out of town from Saturday afternoon until Sunday afternoon for BWE3, but that hardly matters now that we have a light at the end of the tunnel.

:cow_white: :cow_white: :cow_white: :cow_white: :cow_white: :cow_white: :cow_white:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:oooo:

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

A little excited? :biggrin: Me too! :woot:

A little excited? :biggrin: Me too! :woot:

Heh, yup! I'm all green with envy about all the lucky fellers getting to play the beta, but soooooooon my preciouuuuus soooooon! 2 months to slurp in more videos and then, finally, I'll be able to have to real time action! I still have my mind set on a guardian (human or norn) as a first character... still pondering whether or not to play a female - goin' to spend so much time looking at my character's rear end, I might as well make it a little more pleasant to the eyes... Then again, I'm so used to playing my Seraphim, that not playing a female character will just seem kinda wierd?

I initially had my release date prediction in May... but obviously that time has come and gone, but then I kinda leant towards the November/December release period, so I'm real excited that I'm going to have a great birthday month!! :bounce::drinks:

I played a Guardian for over half of the last beta weekend, and that profession is solid. If I was not so dead-set on a Mesmer, Guardian would be my #1 pick right now. As for the male/female thing... If you have seen any of my videos, you know where I stand on that issue. :whistle:

This release date is better than what I was expecting. Since the second beta, I was expecting a final beta in July, nothing in August and a late September release. Being wrong has never felt so good! :)

Holee molee guys, this is great news!

I gotta say, the amount of stress for thrills I'm getting from diablo 3 is getting kinda stressful in hell...

Bring on a vacation game! I know there's no HC, but I love the way it was balanced from Guild Wars original, gave it just enough loss to make the death worthwhile and something to balance and think about.

Here's to hoping my d3 addiction is gone by august end, though that does seem like a fairish bit of time huh ... end of summer?

:)

gogo

So with the release date set and all of us soon to join swords in battle.... what server are we going to play on? The same server (which one?) that you lucky beta players have been running around on? I know hopping servers 1 or 2 times might not be an issue, but just for peace's sake is there an agreement on US or EU servers yet?

So with the release date set and all of us soon to join swords in battle.... what server are we going to play on? The same server (which one?) that you lucky beta players have been running around on? I know hopping servers 1 or 2 times might not be an issue, but just for peace's sake is there an agreement on US or EU servers yet?

Good question. I found our previous discussion on the topic ( http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/20210-can-we-join-up-with-friends-all-over-world-in-guild-wars-2/page__st__20__gopid__6946769#entry6946769) and bumped that thread.

• 1 month later...

This just in (from the official Twitter feed):

Those of you looking forward to headstart, it will begin on August 25 at 00:00 PACIFIC Time. ~RB2 #GW2

This just in (from the official Twitter feed):

Those of you looking forward to headstart, it will begin on August 25 at 00:00 PACIFIC Time. ~RB2 #GW2

So it's gonna be 2am your time, and 3am my time.

Max

So it's gonna be 2am your time, and 3am my time.

Max

Yes.

I guess this will make it easier if we decide to put off choosing a home server until just after release. Assuming we start early Saturday rather than late Friday, the servers will have been up for hours. We could then just pick the lowest population server.

Assuming we start early Saturday rather than late Friday, the servers will have been up for hours. We could then just pick the lowest population server.

WE will most likely start early Saturday, but Kiyeri will start on Friday, she's in the same timezone as ArenaNet.

Max

• 2 weeks later...

started downloading the game today... after about 4.3Gb download I have 170K files remaining out of an initial 214K (IIRC). This means that I'm about 20% done and thus have about 18Gb to go... this makes me very sad indeed since I'm capped at 20Gb per month! I need to wait until the 1st of Sept before being able to download the remainder and get playing. It's only an additional 5 days, but still a bit of a sad situation. I'm on a 3G connection and buying and additional few Gb is just waaaaay too expensive. I think an additional 5Gb would cost me at least twice as much as my monthly 20Gb contract... so no deal.

Sad faces all 'round, but perhaps it's a blessing in disguise since I'd be missing the main zerg (hopefully) in the starting areas. Then again, the 1st is a Saturday/zergday.

:cry: :cry: :sigh:

Pretty sad you won't be able to join us for the release Scleameth, but like you said, Sept 1st happens to be a Saturday, so you'll be able to enjoy the weekend with us!

FWIW, my GW2 folder is only 16.0 GB (YMMV though).

Weird, my GW2 folder is 17.1 GB (guess it's because I switched the game language so often.

Max

I'll use up all my bandwidth right close to 28th on downloading this game (I still have to have some left for work), but of course all files are of different size so my estimate of #files remaining vs. download size remaining is just speculative. If there's less than 2Gb remaining when all of my allotted 20Gb is used up, then I'll just take the plunge. Then again... it still is a working week for me and I doubt that I'll get much work done if the game is there calling my name all the time! eeeeeddddgaaar!! just 15 miiiinuuuutesss..... just ooooone more leeeveelll.... :crazy: just oooone eveeeent....

I just got news that I'll be working from home 4 days a week from next week onward! :cow_white: Just need to show my face at the office on Fridays!

• 2 weeks later...

just got my GW2 box!

There were installation CDs (not just a client exe), but after the installation there remains about 61K files to download (patches). The shop owner said it's about an additional 10Gb download. I'll purchase an additional bit of bandwidth and hope I get all done and start playing tomorrow.

I'm reminded a little about the Sacred 2 collectors edition I got in the post: got home all excited, installed the game only to find that it was totally unplayable on my low end desktop... I was degraded to looking at the art bboklet and listening to the music CD!

With my GW2 box sitting here on my desk, I can only stare at the pictures and study the quick reference card. I know, it's sad :blush:

But I will definitely be in the game on Saturday. tik.... tok.... tik.... tok... ♫♪ tiiiiiiiiime is (not) in my side, no it aint ♫♪.

Edited by Scleameth