Guild Wars 2 - Launching August 28

just got my GW2 box!

There were installation CDs (not just a client exe), but after the installation there remains about 61K files to download (patches). The shop owner said it's about an additional 10Gb download. I'll purchase an additional bit of bandwidth and hope I get all done and start playing tomorrow.

I'm reminded a little about the Sacred 2 collectors edition I got in the post: got home all excited, installed the game only to find that it was totally unplayable on my low end desktop... I was degraded to looking at the art bboklet and listening to the music CD!

With my GW2 box sitting here on my desk, I can only stare at the pictures and study the quick reference card. I know, it's sad :blush:

But I will definitely be in the game on Saturday. tik.... tok.... tik.... tok... ♫♪ tiiiiiiiiime is (not) in my side, no it aint ♫♪.

So you it actually a combination of install disks and a massive download. :sigh: I guess even if they had wanted to include the entire game on disks, there would still be all the updates after the disks were actually burned.

yeah - I dunno when the discs were burned, but there were a ton of updates within the past month or so... but I'll be completing my download tonight after 12pm and be in-game tomorrow! :cow_white:

until then, I better get a whole lot of work done today to free up some time tomorrow! :butcher:

and.... I'm in! :yay:

I spent about 30 minutes in game last night (well early this morning) just to get acquainted, but I fear there's lots to learn still. I'm now level 5 and navigating around Divinity's Reach. Overall I'm glad, happy, satisfied, overjoyed, addicted and gaming-gaming-gaming!

EDIT: I tried a bit of WvW a little while ago, but green just dominates the entire map! We (a group of about 10 players) managed to take one tower and a supply depot before we were wiped out of existence! Just such a totally one sided affair at the moment - but I hope to get more play time in when the servers are better balanced. Even though we were just dominated by green, there were still some fun moments and my heart was racing the entire time I stepped outside the warmth and comfort of our home base... :sweating:

Edited by Scleameth

Glad to read you're getting into it Scleameth. I was on a couple of days ago and was just in awe. I wandered around the starter area for a bit just to get acquainted with the new world. Feels great! :yay: