Event - The Matriarch's Bones

I took notice of this event a while ago because it seems to offer a substantial experience reward. I might even try farming it! It's a very easy one to do too. Small dungeon and easy opponents. As you can see from the video it can be done in as little as 2 minutes.

Give it a try!

Video quality didn't come out so well... 44,000 experience reward in Hell level 57. It might be the best experience reward in game. As for as I can tell it's pretty close.

Edit: The Event and dungeon don't always spawn. There are only 3 dungeons in the Cemetery of the Forsaken. Look at the map in the video and compare the dungeon entry ways to be able to quickly decide if you've entered the right map. The entry way shape seems to always be the same.

Like to add since Schot didn't mention it but you can see him do in video is to click on all 3 funeral urns and then fight the boss. This way he only spawns once. Thanks to masteff who showed me this.

Also in the same area is the Jar of Souls event. Did it earlier but didn't see what experience it gives in Hell

Ah yes! I think I learned about the clicking on all 3 funeral urns and then fighting from you. Great tip that one! Jar of souls might be of similar value. I did it today in normal mode with my level 57 wiz and made about 13,000 experience. In Hell that would be much more no doubt.

I just tested and the boss ghost does give experience each time you kill him, so by click all three urns first, you do lose a little experience. Of course I was too busy making sure I didn't get swarmed by the skeles so while I know I did get experience, I can't say how much it was vs the quest reward. I'll try to take better notes (or maybe a video) next time and report back.

Also, on Jar of Souls, as long as you're not over-level, you do get experience from all the skeles, so kill as many as you can in addition to getting the quest reward.

Edit:

Matiarch -- Using a level 12 toon, adjusting for +experience gear I was wearing, the boss ghost on the Matriarch event gave 182 experience (times 3 if killed after each urn) where the event itself gave 2600 experience. But keep in mind that if you're over-level then you might not get as much or any experience from the kills.

Edit2:

Jar of Souls -- Using a level 12 toon (and removing all +experience gear this time), I got 441 massacre bonus experience (54 killed), 916 experience from kills, and 975 experience from the event. So I got more than 1/2 the experience just from the kills/massacre. (Again, experience may vary by your level, so adjust your play accordingly.)

Edited by masteff

Just did this in NM with a level 35 toon.

Got 12K xp for the quest...............no idea about the xp for all the mobs, I'm afraid !

(It wasn't exactly 12K, but close enough)

I just tested and the boss ghost does give experience each time you kill him, so by click all three urns first, you do lose a little experience. Of course I was too busy making sure I didn't get swarmed by the skeles so while I know I did get experience, I can't say how much it was vs the quest reward. I'll try to take better notes (or maybe a video) next time and report back.

Also, on Jar of Souls, as long as you're not over-level, you do get experience from all the skeles, so kill as many as you can in addition to getting the quest reward.

Edit:

Matiarch -- Using a level 12 toon, adjusting for +experience gear I was wearing, the boss ghost on the Matriarch event gave 182 experience (times 3 if killed after each urn) where the event itself gave 2600 experience. But keep in mind that if you're over-level then you might not get as much or any experience from the kills.

Edit2:

Jar of Souls -- Using a level 12 toon (and removing all +experience gear this time), I got 441 massacre bonus experience (54 killed), 916 experience from kills, and 975 experience from the event. So I got more than 1/2 the experience just from the kills/massacre. (Again, experience may vary by your level, so adjust your play accordingly.)

Great info here, I'm looking for good, "safe" way sof getting experience so I can progress the levels, experience like this is nice bonus.Thanks for the testing Masteff, schot nice heads up on this pointer as well for the video.

Don't forget the gold drop one! ^^

:)

gogo

Great info here, I'm looking for good, "safe" way sof getting experience so I can progress the levels, experience like this is nice bonus.Thanks for the testing Masteff, schot nice heads up on this pointer as well for the video.

Just wanted to chime in here on safe, quick xp/gold farming runs here. My personal favorite is the Khasim Outpost quest, which can be done fairly quickly and leads to a nice little xp reward, but it is safe and good if you're into repetitive farming. I'll try uploading a video of a speed run and posting it below :)

Edited by ryanrocker1217

Just wanted to chime in here on safe, quick xp/gold farming runs here. My personal favorite is the Khasim Outpost quest, which can be done fairly quickly and leads to a nice little xp reward, but it is safe and good if you're into repetitive farming. I'll try uploading a video of a speed run and posting it below :)

I've noticed that one and run it a time or two while trying to spawn the timed cave, no luck on that so far...

One quest I like is (in normal at least) the quest to kill Zoltun kulle. If you can safely kill him fairly quickly the next quest point talking to Adria gives ~10-11k experience in normal. Obviously higher difficulties make this more difficult and time consuming but also obviously would have geater reward.

Nice data guys. Thanx! :) Something I've found useful in the event The Matriarch's Bones with clicking on all 3 urns first is that you can then round up all the enemies and then kill them together to get a nice big group kill experience bonus. It's possible to get 3-5K experience. You can get a nice experience bonus from the Jar of Souls too if you're able to kill quickly enough.