Burgers - your perfect weekend food for gaming

Bacon chickenburgers with spicy dressing.

2 pounds ground chicken,

1 egg,

1-2 chopped tomatoes,

some onions chopped,

some chopped mushrooms,

2 chopped carrots,

1 cup bread crums,

8 burger breads large,

Some bacon for dry roasting - optional.

SOme saladleaves, tomatoe slices etc for burger breads.

1:

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.

2:

Lightly spray a saute pan with cooking or oil spray over medium heat. Saute the onion with the garlic first, then the bell pepper, then the mushrooms, tomatoes and carrots, all to desired tenderness. Set aside and allow all vegetables to cool completely.

3:

In a large bowl, combine the chicken and vegetables. Add the egg, bread crumbs and seasonings to taste. Mix all together well and form into 8 patties.

4:

Grill 12 bacon slices, then let cool and crisp while mixing steaks.

5:

Grill the chicken over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.

A trick are start heating burger breads when meat start - so they are done before the meat.

That way you can prepare all 8 lower ½´s with dressing salad leave, tomatoe etc.

When meat done put on all lower ½´s .

Then add bacon, a few pieces off sliced tomatoe and upper ½´s.

Spicy dressing:

Ingredients:

3/4 cup mayonnaise, or ½ mayo and ½ creme fraiche 18 %,

2 tablespoon diced pimentos,

1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder, or to taste,

1 teaspoon smoked paprika, or regular paprika,

1 clove garlic, peeled, sliced,

1 teaspoon lime juice,

Preparation:

Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend until very smooth.

Refrigerate until needed, I prefer to make it 1 to 2 hours before I need use it.

I suggest making curry dressing, for kids instead.

Unless they like spicy food.

Curry chicken-burger dressing:

3/4 cup, ½ mayo and ½ creme fraiche 18 %,

1 to 2 teaspoon curry,

½ a onion,

some salt & pepper,

½ a teaspoon sugar or honey/ ahorn syrup.

Optional a few pieces off sliced banana.

Preparation:

Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend until very smooth.

Refrigerate until needed, I prefer to make it 1 to 2 hours before I need use it.

Edited by D-molisher

6 bacon cheese burgers ):

Some off dads ground oxe meat ( 1½ pounds ),

some off nabours pigmeat ( that mom made bacon off, ½ a pound ),

2 kinds off cheese ( some goat and some cow),

6 burger breads ( from local baker ),

plunder 2 off nabours onions in his garden & grab 3 tomatoes on way out.

And some salad leaves.

1:

Preheat a frying pan.

2:

Slice bacon and dry fry it on your pan. Then let cool and crisp while doing oxe patties.

3:

Take ground oxe meat & form into 6 patties.

Lightly season with a little fresh ground pepper.

4:

Fry the oxe patties over medium heat in the bacon grease for around 4 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.

5:

While patties are warm hurry and put cheese under and above the meat so it melts.

A trick are start heating burger breads when meat start - so they are done before the meat.

That way you can prepare all 6 lower ½´s with dressing salad leave, tomatoe and goat cheese.

When meat done put on all lower ½´s and on top put cow cheese.

6:

use some cow cheese, tomatoes & onions for the top ½ off bread, whatever tickles your taste.

Ah right need make some homemade Burger-dressing:

Need ½ a tomatoe,

some creme fraiche 18 % ( 5 spoon full ish ),

Some mayo ( 1 - 2 spoon full ish ),

½ a onion,

1 max 2 pieces off garlic ( 1 tee spoon ish ),

fresh pressed lemon ( 1 tee spoon ish ),

Preparation:

Now seasonin it ...

I use ½ a tee spoon salt, some fresh grinded pepper and some cayne pepper.

If flavour missing some... add a knive edge sugar, or like me add ½ a tea spoon ahorn sirup .

Must stand atleast 3 hours in fridge or flavour wont be that great, best are make it in the morning and use in evening.

P.S: Should be enuff for around 2 Office working people.

Edited by D-molisher

Bratwurst Burger

Sometimes I do small Bratwurst (twins are just 4) for grilling. If there are too many left one possibility is this:

nrnburgerhcsi.jpg

p.s.: Ilike my selfmade Bratwurst with cheese in the filling.

I think it is more evil to post recipes than pictures ...

At a good recipe you can't wait till afterworkto try it out and your thoughts ar all time around the recipoe, what cn I use instead of xxx...

A picture .... there are dozens in the newspaper already.

I think it is more evil to post recipes than pictures ...

At a good recipe you can't wait till afterworkto try it out and your thoughts ar all time around the recipoe, what cn I use instead of xxx...

A picture .... there are dozens in the newspaper already.

Nope ... you got it wrong.

A recipe you can tinker so its like you want.

A picture will give you a goal to make yours look alike, without being certain the taste are great.

Besides I posted recipes to show its kind off easy to do homemade.

I usually take around ½ an hour to do burgers, so in my mind perfect for gaming.

I love making food and can spend hours / days doing it. But not while gaming :whistle:

Edited by D-molisher
  • 5 years later...

Ive never seen or read about this, and am an avid cooking consumer :lol:

Is there a place close by you that serves this?

Yum!

:drool:

gogo

p.s. I was trying to look up the sauce he was talking about out on top of it...is it called "lucre" ?

4 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Ive never seen or read about this, and am an avid cooking consumer :lol:

Is there a place close by you that serves this?

Yum!

:drool:

gogo

p.s. I was trying to look up the sauce he was talking about out on top of it...is it called "lucre" ?

Ah, yeah, people don't know the taste of a hamburger until they try Pljeskavica. Any american coming here, including my godfather's children, have their mind blown each time. 
Since I can compare the both food from McDonalds in contrast to Pljeskavica, which you can find pretty much anywhere here on the Balkans, the McDonald type hamburger feels good to the tummy if you eat one maybe and if you really are hungry. The fries are way, way better, though. The meat is absolutely horrendous, gummy-like, chewy, flat, almost like eating some paper or whatever. Next to the patty of Pljeskavica a total and absolute waste. That's sort of the impress you can get if you live here and it's not at all an overreaction or overestimation. The difference is earth and sky.

Charles probably said something like "Ljutenica" (Lyoo-te'-nee-tza)

Since Paprika is a big thing here, many folk prepare various types of dishes with it. 

First you put long paprika on a stove so that the skin of it becomes black, charcoaled basically, then you peel it off in cold water. Nasty process, but great result each time. And it's a family thing, like every child gets his/hers hands dirty a bit :) and they hate it, but what can you do haha :)

Ljutenica is salt, chopped paprika, garlic, minced (peeled) tomato. Sometimes cooked, sometimes no. Another typical winter dish. Great as a dip. Especially popular in the southern parts of Serbia and notably Leskovac city. 

Another thing is Urnebes (Oor-nae-b'ss). It's often some nice cheese sort mixed with ground hot spicy paprika and whatnot. Another great dip. Comes in various formats. Personally, not a fan. It's just a complimentary sauce of sorts. 

http://www.serbiancafe.com/lat/kuvar/recipe/11/9920/ljutenica#

For Urbenes I can give you recipe myself

Get 500gr (half a kilo) of full-greased cheese (like Feta cheese) which can also be turned into mush with a fork with ease. 
Get 100ml of vegetable oil, preferable to your taste be it olive oil, grape oil or sunflower oil.
Get 1 teaspoon of hot minced, fried, chopped, good pepper spice. Only natural one, not those processed ones from supermarkets. Probably there are in some healthy food market/grocery around. 
Get 2 teaspoons of regular sweet paprika spice (or even smoked one if you like that, cajen also works good)
3-4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or made into a mush with a knife. 

Mix all. Voila, Urbenes. It's a garnish of sorts. The thing you put on garnish. That's the basic, original recipe. From there the sky's the limit :)

27423-sarene-kuglice_zoom.jpg

I hope you try and let me know how it turned out!

And oh yeah, there's a place ( around 40 different places, all private business and home recipes ) which I often order from. They bring it to the home address. It's always meat made on charcoal or hardwood (mountain charcoal that burns fast, not that compressed one that lasts longer) and the variations are great. 

I usually order for me and my family something like this. 

img-6875_orig.jpg

This would cost around 6-7 US $. Here you have sausages, cevapi, some nice pork cuts, deboned chicken drums (with the juicy skin), some raznjici (skewered various types). The potatoes are cooked for 20 minutes in water, then put in the oven with the meat grease. That gives them that golden, salty, juicy flavor. Even though they look burnt, they're actually extremely soft and filled with mushed potato inside. The onion is a must with grilled meats. 
Now, usually bacon is wrapped around most of these meats. 

slanina_06.jpg

So, yeah, here we eat a lot of meat. A lot of it, really. And all is free-range basically. Nothing too processed or similar. Here we do not like processed food that much. 

This was not that long ago, the bacon fair with typical free range stuff going on. 

Edited by Serboi
  • Like! 1

I have a little place near me that will cook a burger any way I ask. My favorite way is they fry up the burger put it and the toppings of my choice on enough pizza dough, seal it all in nice and tight, and then drop it in the deep fat fryer.  The pizza dough comes out just like the fried dough at the county fair and the flavors are all steamed inside the beef. Next time I get it I'll take pics and post the here.

• Like! 1
17 minutes ago, Lord of the North said:

I have a little place near me that will cook a burger any way I ask. My favorite way is they fry up the burger put it and the toppings of my choice on enough pizza dough, seal it all in nice and tight, and then drop it in the deep fat fryer.  The pizza dough comes out just like the fried dough at the county fair and the flavors are all steamed inside the beef. Next time I get it I'll take pics and post the here.

Sounds tasty!!

All these burgers make me think of the legendary holosburger...

On 4/26/2018 at 7:10 PM, Lord of the North said:

Looking forward to this North, please dont forget and bring home to us da burgah!

:bounce:

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

Mom's in town, and just had that AMAZING maple syrup burger from Les Trois Brasseurs  who brew their own beer here in MTL... boy was it ever good... with huge strips of crispy bacon... kaYUMbo

3-brasseurs-burger-with.jpg

Maple Syrup sauce, crispy bacon and a medium rare bacon... visitors to MTL ...take note!

:dance:

gogo