Hi there.

*First off, please don't post any spoilers in this thread. Maybe everyone has already done this area, but incase I'm not the last, let those who haven't had the pleasure do so in thier own way.*

I'm not going to say much. I just wanted to say what a great laugh I had going through this area. No-one can say that Blizz don't have a sense of humour !

Got to be one of the wackiest ever, IMHO.

Have you visited ? Have you enjoyed ?

I've done it twice, both times at normal level.

I had quite a few rares drop, but nothing special, but it was still a blast.

I'll try it out at each difficulty level, now I know what's involved.

Steve.

Haven't been there yet! But have heard some about it, perhaps it'll be my surprise personal gift if/when I can make it to level 62 HC!

:bounce:

gogo

It's so crazy, it could have been made just for you Gogo ! :whistle:

Was gonna give gogo a free tour but he decided to 'retire' his DH right before scheduled departure time :)

If you wanna see it gogo just let me know

Spoiler-warning - link below contains some spoilers toward Whimsyshire, so don't click if you prefer to keep it a surprise still.

It is rather fun, especially if you followed the backstory which lead to it:

Back when the game was announced lots of people argued that the game was too colorful and it was all "rainbows and unicorns".

After a While Blizzard decided to make fun of those complaints, and made themselves these t-shirts:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/diablotee_robpardo.jpg

It seemed like such an obvious choice to use the whole issue as the new "cow" level, and they surely delivered on it.

On the other hand the sound and color is pretty damn hard on ears/eyes :) Cant stand to be there for long.

I found the place rather amusing and the fact it drops like the next difficulty level is great, few decent drops fo me in there :)

The monsters on normal Whimsyshire are equal to level Act III & IV normal.

It's fun but you can die here so remember to stop laughing and kill a few things.

And unfortunately, it's one of the things that Blizzard has nerfed. :(

I found the place rather amusing and the fact it drops like the next difficulty level is great, few decent drops fo me in there :)

It's fun but you can die here so remember to stop laughing and kill a few things.

I think its actually equal to the next difficulty. I got some pages of jewelcrafting/blacksmithing to drop in there in normal which are nightmare drops.

I think its actually equal to the next difficulty. I got some pages of jewelcrafting/blacksmithing to drop in there in normal which are nightmare drops.

That's what I have read. Thus :- if you collect the items and make 'the item' in normal, then you will face nm level mobs, and so on. So, what on earth will it be like when you collect/make an inferno item ? Try impossible ?!

*Still trying not to give too much away*

if the music sounded weird to you it's because it's played backwards. The actual music piece is by Maurice Ravel called Le Gibet.

Here's a youtube vid of it (There is an actual vid of in-game action played backwards but it obviously contains spoilers. If you would like to see that one....Click Here )

That's what I have read. Thus :- if you collect the items and make 'the item' in normal, then you will face nm level mobs, and so on. So, what on earth will it be like when you collect/make an inferno item ? Try impossible ?!

*Still trying not to give too much away*

In the spirit of not saying too much, here's what's been posted.

And you don't need to collect stuff after normal level,

just upgrade the tool used to enter the area.

Be careful in HC as you can get one hit on entering the area.

Whimsyshire Levels

Normal - 30

NM - 50

Hell - 60

Inferno - 61

• 2 weeks later...

Cant find anything in there that cant be found by progressing the main quest anyway. =)

Oh yeah?

What about those colors, eh?

lol don't think we can find those anywhere in the known world

:4rofl:

gogo