Which follower do you use?

I was using followers for about the first month after game was released. Then I had a level 53 Monk die because while he was fighting 2 champ packs, the Templar decided it would be great fun to aggro two more. So I figured followers were more trouble than they were worth. But I think I'm going to give them another go. And that made me wonder what everyone else is doing.

Do you always use one of them? The same one all the time? Or does it depend on which character you are playing? I'm wondering if using Mystic Ally and the Templar or Enchantress for my Monk might be the way to go. Also what skills do you typically take for your followers?

Pretty much always using enchantress for the awesome armor boost mostly, and the the rare use of her Crowd control abilities.

Might be better to go for some DPS abilities over the Crowd control, but Ive always thought that if she might just one day save my characters life with a lucky CC ability, it would have been worth it :)

They can be really annoying when they decide to preemptive pull a treasure goblin though, but I haver had them pull a second group of elites.

Personally I've always used the templar for the health regen and safety heal, but I just checked out the enchantress skills, and the armor and attack speed bonuses might actually we alot better, especially for the higher difficulties.

I use all three

Templar: I give him magic find and take his resource regen and health regen.he can save his heal for himself,he's gonna need it lol.I use him for trash mob bashing or general wandering.

Enchantress: Load her up with whatever stats items.I take her crowd control skills and use her when I want to run from point A to point B with as little fighting as possible.

Scoundrel: I give him all the plus damage/IAS//Crit/crit stuff I find and isnt good enough to sell on AH.I take him to boss fights.Does surprisingly good damage over time,if he stays alive.

Heyz,

For my DH toons, I use the Templar. Give him 60K HP, so he stays alive. I use only the last heal-charge skill. Giving him the ability to slow and stun enemies with the other skills is quite nice for DH, as she does more damage to slowed enemies.

For tanks, Monk-Barb, I use the enchantress.

Havent really used the Scoundrel yet.

Barr

I mostly use the templar on my casters, and on my beaters I use the enchantress.

The templar are great especially for the MF raise.

I have used the scoundrell endgame for boss fights and well hes great dps, but a little squishy.

• 2 weeks later...

Great topic!

I almost never play alone, so this thread and all it's listing of super powers for the different followers was an invaluable read for me.

Never knew that bout the Enchantress raising the Attack Speed AND Armor rating AND slowing down enemies...

Glorious!

:dance:

gogo