Guild Wars 2 - FDM Guild Invites

ASAP on August 25th, one of the pre-purchasers (most likely me) will get the guild up and start sending out guild invites. If you would like to receive an invite, post your account name here*. Even if you are going to be running with a different guild, I would encourage all DarkMatters members to join FDM. Even if you are not representing our guild, your current status will show up on our guild pane. That way your friends in FDM will know you are online and can find you in-game to play together (which is the raison d'etre of FDM, IMHO).

* I see no security risk with posting your account name here. The official forums show everyone's full account name with every post they make. If you are uncomfortable posting your account name publicly, you may either PM it to me or see me a mail once you get in-game (at lujate.5432).

Awesome...I love everyone getting into GW2, great topic Lujate! I don't have the game yet, will download copy when it's officially released, that's gonna be my official disengage date for my horrid diablo 3 addiction.

oooo.gif

gogo

Awesome...I love everyone getting into GW2, great topic Lujate! I don't have the game yet, will download copy when it's officially released, that's gonna be my official disengage date for my horrid diablo 3 addiction.

oooo.gif

gogo

I think you will find no shortage of sponsors to help you with addition. :)

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT: removed ID - read lots of posts about hacked accounts. But, one most important thing I read was that Anet will never send you a mail requesting you to change you password, so be warned of 'em fishing mails.

Edited by Scleameth
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, seeing as I've decided to give this a try after getting bored of d3 a while ago, mine is AshleyM.9306.

O_o DB, will you be on the headstart with us tomorrow?

Should be, provided I finish updating the game...70k file to download >< And provided I get enough homework finished off beforehand!

It was suggested to me tonight that posting our GW2 ID's here is not a good idea. Since the official forums display the ID's for all to see, I do not see it as anything to worry about. That being said, if you are concerned about it, you should be able to edit your posts to remove your ID. If for some reason it will not let you, PM me and I will take care of it.

It was suggested to me tonight that posting our GW2 ID's here is not a good idea. Since the official forums display the ID's for all to see, I do not see it as anything to worry about. That being said, if you are concerned about it, you should be able to edit your posts to remove your ID. If for some reason it will not let you, PM me and I will take care of it.

I removed my GW2 ID. But could you further explain why it's not a good idea anymore?

Max

I removed my GW2 ID also. Has there been a problem with stolen accounts Lujate?

The only confirmed issue I have heard about is e-mail phishing, where hackers sends e-mails asking for login info. Personally, I do not see any threat by having your ID posted, since it official forums do it. I relayed this because I know some people feel differently.

This is from ArenaNet:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/tips-for-keeping-your-guild-wars-2-account-secure/

Im the one that started this. I have been getting random people added to my friends list in game, around 3-5 daily. When I message them not only do I not know them but they say they don't know me either. Someone suggested that it might be because I had posted my id somewhere online. I have no further info then this, but I told Lujate about it and removed mine just cuz it was suggested I do so.

stubbie.5216

I would like to be a part of your guild, but only if you understand that my priority lies with Clan DA.

Though I promise that if I party up/chat/generally have a blast/ with you guys my influence points will be yours. ;)

stubbie.5216

I would like to be a part of your guild, but only if you understand that my priority lies with Clan DA.

Though I promise that if I party up/chat/generally have a blast/ with you guys my influence points will be yours. ;)

I am 100% OK with this. Everyone from DA is welcome in FDM.