Recommendations for Dual wield Shadow Warrior Build?

Hey everyone, Im new to Sacred 2, im building a Shadow Warrior, hes level 20 atm with Tactics Lore, Armor Lore, Dual Wield, Death Warrior Focus and I cant remember the other perks and combat arts that I have. Does anyone have any recommandations for a Dual Wield Shadow Warrior Build?

I suppose you could read this <link>

Or, peruse the Shadow Warrior section of the Builds sub-forum and find one that you prefer!

The third option would be to just post your questions, and someone will have advice for you. Probably me :D... but lots of people know the answers to general questions as well, it won't take long to get you sorted!

Happy Hunting!

Heya Dante!

As pointed out so quickly by Scott, there's a good number of builds available in that build section, I wish I had played the Shadow Warrior more myself, but Dryad was my calling, perhaps some of the other members here will come along and point out some of their favourites for you as well.

And, of course, here to say...

Welcome to Darkmatters!

:)

gogo

You could dual wield with Hafted or Sword Weapons, but Swords are the better choice. I've always used the "Ultimate Warrior" build as a template, but decided on my minor 'flavors' for two different builds(two hander versus dual wield).

In my opinion, below are the skills I've used on my build. I'll note potential options for the skills as well.

Level 2 - Tactics Lore

Level 3 - Armor Lore

Level 5 - Death Warrior Focus

Level 8 - Dual Wield

Level 12 - Concentration

Level 18 - Sword(for sword bonuses, which can be quite good)

Level 25 - Combat Reflexes/Toughness. I pick Reflexes rather than rely on Toughness

Level 35 - Constitution

Level 50 - Combat Discipline(enhance damage from Combat Arts)

Level 65 - A number of options here: Spell Resistance(may not be needed with Willpower increase from Grim Resilience), Damage Lore, Speed Lore, Enhanced Perception(increases finding magic items from drops and chests)

With only one focus, you should have Expert Touch enabled and use the Death Warrior mount when you get it.

I chose Rejuvenation, Discipline, and Reflex(evasion which complements Combat Reflexes) for the Grim Resilience buff.

Since Tactics Lore also modifies the Malevolent Champion aspect I went for Tough, Antimagic, and Riposte for Reflective Emanation.

Edited by DaveO

Welcome aboard, man!

About the build, what Dave said. Our grouchy melee master can breeze through things with quite minimum effort.

Only time I've felt weak on heart with SW was threading to the territory of the Notorious Eye... :Just_Cuz_21:

You could dual wield with Hafted or Sword Weapons, but Swords are the better choice. I've always used the "Ultimate Warrior" build as a template, but decided on my minor 'flavors' for two different builds(two hander versus dual wield).

In my opinion, below are the skills I've used on my build. I'll note potential options for the skills as well.

Level 2 - Tactics Lore

Level 3 - Armor Lore

Level 5 - Death Warrior Focus

Level 8 - Dual Wield

Level 12 - Concentration

Level 18 - Sword(for sword bonuses, which can be quite good)

Level 25 - Combat Reflexes/Toughness. I pick Reflexes rather than rely on Toughness

Level 35 - Constitution

Level 50 - Combat Discipline(enhance damage from Combat Arts)

Level 65 - A number of options here: Spell Resistance(may not be needed with Willpower increase from Grim Resilience), Damage Lore, Speed Lore, Enhanced Perception(increases finding magic items from drops and chests)

With only one focus, you should have Expert Touch enabled and use the Death Warrior mount when you get it.

I chose Rejuvenation, Discipline, and Reflex(evasion which complements Combat Reflexes) for the Grim Resilience buff.

Since Tactics Lore also modifies the Malevolent Champion aspect I went for Tough, Antimagic, and Riposte for Reflective Emanation.

I would highly suggest having Malovelent Champion Focus in your build, Dave... you have 2 buffs from Concentration, so MCF (for Reflective Emanation buff) or Astral Focus (either Skeleton or Veil buff) to keep the buff levels relevant. Having a level 25.x buff in Niob was the ruin of a few of my builds, so I can speak to that from experience :)

Combat Disclipline shouldn't be taken for the damage bonus with melee toons... but it is good if you want/require 3 and/or 4 - CA combos for your desired playstyle.

Also, he is on XBOX... no Expert Touch ;)

Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome. Its better than the welcome I got on the YuGiOh Forums.. Anyway back to buisiness I am using Malvoent Champion.. Havent thought about taking the focus yet although I do use the banner alot and both buffs.

Im thinking about taking Danderan Armor Set when I get to the correct level and if I can find it. I am using Sword Weapons as well.

Most of the Skills you have listed I am already taking so im glad im going down the right track.

Since he is on console, Spell Resistance is a wasted skill. There are still three skills he has an option for which choice he wants. Adding the Malevolent Focus does bring in Mastery of the Focus and thus less regeneration penalty and the ability to have a higher level buff. If he does go for two focus skills, there are still two skill choices.

Hello, and welcome to the forums. :) There isn't much to be said given that everyone else has given their input. I myself relied on Mantis' beginner's dual wielding guide to get me started, and my SW has been melting mobs and bosses ever since, to the point where I've been spoiled rotten just by GR and RE alone. :P I would love to see what you have for your build, and maybe we can all compare notes. :)

• 2 years later...

Nothing worse than playing a class after 2+ years and forgetting the build order...

So I will add my question on here.

Trying to work out what my last two skills would be:

level 49 SW

Tactics Lore

MC Focus

DW Focus

Concentration

Dual Wield

Armor Lore

Constitution

Combat Reflexes.

This is my 3rd (or more) Shadow Warrior, I used to know the build order backwards. I don't think I was making this into a BS, its so hard to tell. Guess I should take toughness, currently running around in Silver and since I have 18 characters full of gear, I am not suffering from a lack of armor or weapons, or anything.

Dang, it's been two years since I posted on this thread? O.o; Yeah, you can never go wrong with having toughness. Add spell resistance, and you pretty much have the build for the dual wielding defensive SW.

Hello, long time since I was here, was mostly on the official forum.

Got loads of builds for SW

The only think left on the official forum is my sticky build threads :P

http://forum.sacred2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121

Going to start playing sacred now again. since sacred 3 was well... uhm... not so good.

ttp://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=48526

I would go with something like colifs suggestion, he is also pro :P since back in the days.

Explanations:
CA = Combat Arts.....DW = Death Warrior.....MC = Malevolent Champion.....
AL = Astral Lord.....

I will be going with

1 tactics lore

2 MC

3 DW

4 concentration

5 hafted(2h) or dualwield

6 armor lore

7 constitution

8 combat reflexes

9 astral lord focus

10 toughness

This spec is for all the high lvls. nether allegiance for some dudes to tank up dmg later on, helps a lot.

You will want weapons or rings/equipment with hit reduces cooldown.

Frenzy u want at no less then 3 seconds for 2h and 4 seconds on dualwield.

demonic blow at about 0.5 seconds to use as your standard attack instead of autoattack with 2h. dualwield only use frenzied.

grim resilience u can put unlimited nummer of runes into :P just eat them all :D

same with rousiung command.

killing spree is amazing vs bosses and tough enemies, massive dmg.

reflective buff is good, but do not put more then 1-4 many points into it early, it greatly increases CA cooldown, untill u got better gear and higher level.

Weapon choice is up to you, if its first sw and you don't have bags full of weapons, I would go dual weild as there are generally more one handed weapons to choose from.

The 3 buff build is fun but its not as strong to play as other sw (like the build I am playing now, its full on defence so you don't kill very fast but then you aren't taking any damage either. The only boss I would avoid is the boss on dryad island as he regens too fast for my current SW to kill him. The only real advantage to the 3 buff build with max concentration is being able to use 3 move combos, and there aren't many of those where moves don't cancel each other out.

My frenzy is about 6 seconds right now, but my Demonic Blow/Frenzy combo is about as fast and lethal. I went a little mad with frenzy early on but have only read 3 runes, the other 14 levels I have are from gear. I am probably wearing the wrong set too, I should stick with Dendarins too but I am messing around with new sets that have been added since I last played.

Make a combo of rousing attack and killing spree, use it on every boss. Augmenting guidon isn't so bad either.

I can't remember the good astral power moves since I generally don't use it. I do remember the skeletons were pretty useless.

The two buffs, Grim Resilience & Reflective Emanation aren't as good as they once were, they reduced their effect in one patch, as you used to be able to reach a level of resistance that made us invincible. If Spunky were still around, he would remember the good old days.

That Colif guy knew his stuff, just need to remember it all again :)

Edited by colif

A friend watched my smith in niob and asked are you double wielding and I said no I only use a shield ;)

If you plan for niob -and a smith should- you can do some testing:

Use a big two-handed hammer, switch demonic blow on and write down the damage. Now add a damage x-x ring and write down the damage, add another x-x damage ring and write down the damage numbers...

Put the hammer away and wield just a shield, no weapon at all. Attack something with demonic blow and notice the animation: a punch with a followed shield swing. It are two attacks, same as for doublewield.

The damage at low levels will be a joke, but now add the damage x-x rings and watch the graph and remember it are two quick hits amd multiply the damage with 2. So we have two lines with the shield only one below the hammer one. But watch the climb rate of the shield line. For my test I calculated a breakeven point around level 100.

Another nice thing is that fist attacks have no weapon range. It is way less running circles around enemies for the AI to find a position to hit the target.

So in niob the shield smith is really playable and saves a skill, which is nice for a smith character. Personally I decided to choose astral focus to turn invis for run quests. Level 175+ quest experience is more often quicker then killing monsters. I am using jumps often. Jumps are spells but not speeded by their tree lore which is tactic lore. So I am using items too push my cast speed. But cast speed is exactly what a weaponless fighter needs to push demonic blows speed.

To get some hit chance and attack speed early levels I was using alchemy which was unlocked by smithing. The trophies came from friends who wanted items socketed.

The playing is much like the Waffenmeisterin Dryad in the guide section and even x% life leech can be achieved with the Kanka set if using CM patch.

---

But if you are for boss hunts and use the CM patch:

dual wield fist weapons with x& life leech and use the Kanka set. Bosses can't stand long with around 8% life leech in niob.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked, my 3 buff SW never got past level 28. Considering every other type I have is over 100 before I decided something needed changing, its a big gap. My current SW is so heavily defended he can stand in fights and not notice unless its a boss. He lacks attack strength though, what you get relying on 1 CA for damage. I should continue playing him but I decided to look at other classes and see if any of them were more fun.

I guess I never got far with the magic user type SW either. Probably more viable now with the extra sets, the first three in game were rather limited. Each matched a theme but none really matched hybrid builds. Without bargaining as an option, SW have to rely on drops and without 19 or so other characters with gear stored away, its hard to get the right set for the build you are playing. So I think my 3 buff guy mostly got stuff that matched the other two lores. I generally just sell any Astral Lord gear I find now, so remaking one would be interesting. I just don't think the build is right. Maybe I should retry another Astral Lord but without 3 focus skills, just getting concentration to 75 instead and getting them that way.

Apart from a ranged SW, Unarmed is the only SW I never tried but I can see how build works, I assume you swapped in shield lore in place of a weapon lore. Shame all the fist weapons use sword lore or I would have gone for them too

• 4 weeks later...

Well, that was two years ago. Nowadays...

I believe the recommended skills can be Tactics, Armor, Dual Wield, Concentration, Death Warrior Focus, Constitution, and Spell Resistance. I've learned that Malevolent Champion Focus gets diminishing returns, so I can't really recommend that skill any more.

Now you have three skills left to pick. As belarathmth mentioned, you can't pick Enhanced Perception without another skill.
You have a number of good skills for qualification, but I got well into Platinum without seeing strong healing potions. If you mod your build specifically for life leech per attack, this may help some. I believe that Riding and Alchemy are two very good skill choices. I used to think Evade was a good choice for the third Grim Resilience mod. I think Safeguard is the better choice and you get some mitigation. If you have armor with damage mitigation, I'd go with Toughness to enhance it further.

I think Safeguard is the better choice and you get some mitigation. If you have armor with damage mitigation, I'd go with Toughness to enhance it further.

I always prefer safeguard for grim,and it might sound crazy.I dont use reflective emanation,I use combat reflexes instead of concentration.It almost shuts down heavy crit hitters completely.Reflective on the other hand starts with +50% regen penalty and keeps getting more and more even if you level it with malevolent focus.