Just happen to check the GW2 launcher ad found a small update.

Just over 10000 files and 583 Meg in size.

Might as well go get it now and save time on the 25th. :bounce:

A patch this big on Sunday morning? Wow I guess they're almost working 24/7 on the game, thanks for keeping us updated.

Max

4780 files update today. Will update this post when I'll get the size.

EDIT : Completed at 605MB.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

4780 files update today. Will update this post when I'll get the size.

EDIT : Completed at 605MB.

Max

Darn, I check ay about 5:00 CDT and nothing.

Thanks for the update. :whistle:

17,000+ files update today. It seems pretty huge.

EDIT : Completed with ~1.15GB of files.

EDIT2: I found a message on another forum with the leaked update notes since July 30. It's great to read how much work they did with the Mesmers.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

EDIT2: I found a message on another forum with the leaked update notes since July 30. It's great to read how much work they did with the Mesmers.

Max

Love the notes.

Max

Thanks for the link. I have seen talk about these notes, but not them in their entirety.

The change to the Mesmer's mantras concerns me. There is a trait (that I was planning on taking) that gives a party heal when you charge a mantra. Now that you can discharge a mantra twice for every charge, that means half the group healing. Unless of course they also rework how the trait functions.

Unless of course they also rework how the trait functions.

I know they've been reworking the traits for several professions. But since the headstart is in less than two weeks, I think it's safe to say that we'll barely see anymore major changes.

Two things I noticed with today's update :

-The ArenaNet logo in the launcher

-A message that says that my graphics driver should be having issues with the game. I personally think I ran into far lesser issues than some of us did. My graphics driver is up-to-date anyways, so I guess we'll see how it will work out at headstart.

Max

I know they've been reworking the traits for several professions. But since the headstart is in less than two weeks, I think it's safe to say that we'll barely see anymore major changes.

-A message that says that my graphics driver should be having issues with the game. I personally think I ran into far lesser issues than some of us did. My graphics driver is up-to-date anyways, so I guess we'll see how it will work out at headstart.

Max

About the graphic driver notification I found this at Reddit for GW2.

Looks like Nvidia will be coming out with new drivers.

:thumbsup:

Max

I agree regarding the trait changes. About the only thing they could do quickly regarding the healing trait would be to increase the potency to compensate for getting to use it half as often.

I have read that the beta NVIDIA drivers clear up that GPU warning. Most likely the drivers will be released general-availability soon.

@ Wygram - Sweet find on the new drivers, I was a bit dismayed to see my 460m gave me a better picture then my 690.

@ Max - Make sure you go directly to the Website and get the most recent driver update, the update feature does not always give you the most recent releases (as Ryan found out).

Looks like there was a new patch for GW2.

Also there is a rumor of another stress test on Wednesday (according to the folks at Reddit). They link to here.

Have not seen no other conformation at any of the other sites, so as of now only rumor.

The patch had 600MB of new data, and around 11,900 files.

Wonder what they will be testing on Wednesday (if there's really a Stress Test) because the game was already in great condition during the last Stress Test.

Max