Thanks for the link. It's good that they fixed a lot of events, hopefully we won't need this many fixes for Wintersday to be fully functional.

• 1 month later...

Update - 23 January 2013

We've just updated the game for routine maintenance only. No content changes were included. ^RB

And:

Flame and Frost: Prelude

I'm so excited for the new daily achievements, and I can't wait to see how many players will really use the guesting feature.

~5,800 files patch. I had to download 175MB to reach 1%. That's gonna take a while.

And here are the patch notes :

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-January-28-2013

Dungeons

• Polished dungeons and removed the ability to use waypoints while any player is in combat.

Is it gonna have a really big impact on our runs?

Dungeons
General

• Updated the costs of several dungeon reward items to be consistent with their costs in other dungeons. These include leggings, chestpieces, and shoulder armor from Ascalonian Catacombs;

Isn't that the set Lujate is trying to get for his Guardian right now?

Yay about Ascalonian Catacombs being less tough.

Arc Lightning: Fixed a bug which would cause this skill’s animation effects to continue playing after the skill ended.

Finally fixed! yay! I was slowly getting tired of having a mile-long lightning attached to me when I was running.

That's what I have to say for now. I will update when I'll be done downloading this patch.

EDIT : Completed with a total download of 1,126MB. Could have ~10MB difference depending on the languages you have downloaded.

EDIT 2 : I just saw the new daily achievements and I was like :o . I'm sure some people will complain. You'll understand why when you log in.

Edited by Flooxim

Max, the new patch sucks. At least as far as the dailies go, looks like the last of my Karma jugs.

25 underwater kills

teamed with allies kill

crafting

normal 5 events

I forget the other.

I hate underwater water, don't craft and teaming except when the gang gets together are next to impossible.

Oh well, woo is me (just to get a final whine in). :sob:

:viking:

"Patch notes"? More like "Patch Novel".

I knew about the dugeon WP-ing, and I am planning on updating our dungeon tips post in the next few days.

No nerfs for me this patch, and my Ele will no longer completely disappear when I fire Tornado underwater. :woot:

• Like! 1

Yea I was also disappearing underwater when using Tornado.

@Wygram : The good news is that daily achivement will now change every day, so tomorrow will be 4 different things to do.

@Lujate : About updating the dungeon tips, are you talking about recommending the use of the "revive orbs"?

Edited by Flooxim

Yea I was also disappearing underwater when using Tornado.

@Wygram : The good news is that daily achivement will now change every day, so tomorrow will be 4 different things to do.

@Lujate : About updating the dungeon tips, are you talking about recommending the use of the "revive orbs"?

At 250 gems, I do not think Revive Orbs will be part of the strategy.

What does Teamed with allies mean, then? Is that a kill with a few players around (like when doing an event), in a party, or in a guild?

Unfortunately Anet is notoriously vague on details. By the time I got the monster patch downloaded, it was after reset and the tasks had changed.

Did I miss something in the notes? I don't see anything related to the Area of Effect nerf? Not that it bothered me much, but I'm sure if it's not nerfed Kiy will do a little dance in the living room? :dance2:

Did I miss something in the notes? I don't see anything related to the Area of Effect nerf? Not that it bothered me much, but I'm sure if it's not nerfed Kiy will do a little dance in the living room? :dance2:

Good question. Maybe they changed their minds.
  • 2 weeks later...

Next update (feb. 26) will fix one of wygram's biggest complaints. Daily achievements will be selectable. I'll link the update when I get back home unless someone does it before I do.

EDIT : Here's the link : https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/february-2013/

I can't wait to know more about Guild Missions too!

Edited by Flooxim
  • 3 weeks later...

And here are the patch notes for today's update :

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2013-02-26

We're going to need to try some of the dungeons to witness the changes.

Added a 40-second recharge to the skill given by the Depleted Power Crystal item sold in Caledon Forest.

I knew a nerf was coming for this one. It was just way too overpowered without a cooldown.

Frost Aura: Incoming damage is reduced by 10% while under the effects of this aura. Enemies are only able to be chilled by this aura once per second. This affects all frost auras.

Flame Aura[sic]: In addition to the burning condition, this aura now grants 10 seconds of might each time the player is struck. This aura can activate only once per second. This change affects all flame auras.

Flame Shield[sic]: This skill now lasts 5 seconds instead of 3.

Yay for those, they will make my condition build better.

I'm also pretty happy to finally be able to preview items from the Trading Post.

EDIT : ~8,000 files for this patch. ~480MB of data to download.

Edited by Flooxim

As a frequenter of the AC, I will be interested to see what changes they made. Teleported dead players out of lava is a nice change. That was a pain in SE.

Thief:

I am curious what they mean by "Changed the way monsters react to players using stealth". Also "Using stealth no longer resets NPC aggression tables". Does that mean I keep aggro even when stealthed?

Ele:

RTL went from 15 sec to 20 sec CD. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Engineer sure got a lot of changes. I am going to have to play a bit to see what they really mean.

Mesmer got hit again. 50% nerf to Time Warp! :eek: That may be the worst nerf yet.

yeah the Time Warp is a low blow, in fact it's below the knees!! but they say duration is longer... I have not yet checked the duration, but it has to be 3 seconds longer to make it worth our while as an Elite Skill....

yeah the Time Warp is a low blow, in fact it's below the knees!! but they say duration is longer... I have not yet checked the duration, but it has to be 3 seconds longer to make it worth our while as an Elite Skill....

Duration and CD in the tooltip are unchanged. Unfortunately, Time Warp was the only Elite that was really useful for PvE.

Well Thief finally got hit with the nerf bat. I guess they were just waiting for me to roll a Thief. :sigh:

Heh - there was one huuuuuge battle on FC BL last night. The whole SF server seemed intent on taking over our BL, but we met them well and drove them off a number of times before they finally settled for taking Cliffside before we could react properly and trebbing our garrison from there...

But I was just amazed at the number of thieves popping up all around our force. Of course they were still used to their regular play style of just roaming around freely among the enemy zerg but that came to a sudden stop just about an hour into play. I think they realized what a supreme target they've become once exposed... I finally got to fight back against a number of thieves and did not fall to the ground in a flash. So the thief "nerf" is just great IMO (sorry Lujate :evil: )

EDIT: somebody caught me on their screenshot (I'm the one with the white hair) gw071.jpg

Edited by Scleameth