IMO thief is impossible to keep alive in WvW now... hopefully its just cuz we are a target and when ppl stop being angry at all the nasty thieves (I for one didn't pull that crap) it will be just another profession. Might have to rethink my WvW character.

• 1 month later...

OMG, Quickening Zephyr is now 6 seconds... As if 5 weren't enough. Oh, wait, they weren't.... Especially if YOU are playing as a Ranger. This makes the SB + Sword/Horn combo on a ranger even more insane.

I'm kinda meh about the patch. Arrow Carts are a real threat now, but I can't speak much about nerfs...

My ranger (suddenly my main WvW character) is still tough, although I really like that the pet does not draw aggro from any passing NPC.

I never really relied on confusion with my mesmer and so it does not affect my playstyle there, but I've yet to play my guardian...

I'm kinda meh about the patch. Arrow Carts are a real threat now, but I can't speak much about nerfs...

My ranger (suddenly my main WvW character) is still tough, although I really like that the pet does not draw aggro from any passing NPC.

I never really relied on confusion with my mesmer and so it does not affect my playstyle there, but I've yet to play my guardian...

I have not had a chance to play my Ranger yet, are the pet buffs as nice as they sound?

I have not had a chance to play my Ranger yet, are the pet buffs as nice as they sound?

The shortened cast time (F2) is certainly a welcome change. My drake always cast lightning right after I already killed a mob. Now at least it gets to land the killing blow. Wolf fear is also working a charm with the shortened cast time and since pets no longer aggro any old enemy, he's a lot closer to me and faster to react to my F2 commands. I feared a few people off cliffs right outside red keep last night with my wolf (I'm so proud :smart: ). I can definitely notice a change in pet health which helps reduce my time in flipping camps. I would many times end up with scouts and guards respawning moments before the camp flips in my favour, but last night this did not happen since both pets where able to stick around a little longer dealing more damage and getting the camp mobs out of the way a little faster.

In group encounters I often tend to focus so much on my own survival that I forget about what my pet is doing and only "notice" them when I hear my character say: "poor thing..." Then I swap pets and hit F2... let them fend for themselves :whistle:

Something annoying I noticed is that the sigils that stack on kills (like bloodlust) sometimes fail to charge or re-charge after you've been downed/killed. My work around for the time being is to switch to another weapon with no such sigil in it and kill 1 mob. Then re-equip my "real" weapon and get the stacks goin again.

• 2 weeks later...

Could they actually be fixing the issue of right-clicking inadvertently attacking?

Got an update for you guys! Thanks to everyone for dissecting the current state of targeting!

There is certainly a bug with prolonged mouse-presses and not moving the cursor. I am fixing this. However, this is certainly an extreme case and fixing this will not solve all issues players are experiencing.

The current click timing threshold is 250ms. We are playing with a lower number internally to see if it causes problems like people perceiving clicks as not registering.

There is also window of error when clicking that could cause your mouse-release to select something different from what was hovered during the mouse-press. While this should also very rarely happen with the timing and distance thresholds, it is still a potential problem that will be fixed.

On top of all this is still player preference. Not everyone wants a single right-click to perform default actions. This is why we’re adding a toggle for it in the next patch.

There are still questions left to be answered for how targeting in Guild Wars 2 should work, and I’m sure these will be answered as we continue to iterate.

from: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/suggestions/An-option-to-disable-right-click-targeting/page/15#post2147926
  • Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmmm not so sure if the mesmer changes are welcomed... If there was a 1/3 chance to gain quickness rather than swiftness then mebbe it would sound better to me. Gaining swiftness in battle is really not all that wonderful. It leaves you with 66% chance to gain (on being hit once per second) regen or protection for a useful buff. I need to rethink my approach to mesmer and it looks like I'm going back to my crit damage build:) Hang around the back of the zerg and send out I-zerker for giggles...

I wonder if gaining choas armour from combo fields apply the same rules?

None of the other class updates affect me much. (Phew! no guardian nerf!)

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the patch notes for the Cutthroat Politics update : https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-July-23rd-2013

There are some profession changes, and it looks like we were not done with the aetherblades yet! The bazaar and all of its activities is still active for two more weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are the patch notes for today's update : https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-20-2013/first#post2662731

Doesn't exactly look like only a speech to me.

EDIT : Crown Pavilion & Queen's Gauntlet will close on September 3rd, and will re-open later.

Edited by Flooxim

Karma Changes: Temporary Rollback

Hi everybody,

Today we made adjustments to karma where the amount of karma granted from consumable karma items was increased and karma boosts no longer affected the amount of karma gained from consumable items.

We intended to message this change ahead of time to be fair to everyone, however this did not happen, and we apologize for not giving you advance notice.

The lack of advance warning resulted in some people losing out on karma that they would have otherwise gained by using boosts with the karma theyd saved up.

We will be temporarily rolling back the karma change in a hotfix to allow people the opportunity to turn in their karma with any buffs they intended to use. This temporary rollback will be in effect until the game update on September 3.

Please note, while this temporary rollback is in effect: the in-game text for the karma consumables booster found on the Gem Store will incorrectly state that it does not affect karma gained from consumable items.

We will also be reimbursing the people who used their karma during the period when the initial change was in effect with as close to the correct amount of karma as possible.

Were really sorry about the frustration this caused and we will make every effort in the future to make you aware of changes like this ahead of time.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Karma-Changes-Temporary-Rollback/
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...