Guild Wars 2 - Guild Emblem Creator

At times Arenanet's lack of an official forum really upsets me, especially this close to launch. This is a question that they should provide information for, yet looking at the wiki and several of the GW2 forums I can find nothing about the lost of influence when in multiple guilds. :(

While searching for more information on influence I came across this on a forum in GW2Guru. Everyone seemed to think this was the way influence worked as implemented in GW2.

Influence is always assigned directly to your current guild. The interface may be a bit confusing on this matter, since it will also show you what you have earned for the guild, but the Influence isn't yours at any point.

So long as you represent a guild, almost anything you do will earn your guild Influence at varying rates, be that completing events, hearts, winning PvP matches, taking over keeps etc. I think even crafting XP gains you some.

This pool of Influence that you helped earn can then be spent by anyone in the guild with the right permissions. If you don't have those perms, your Influence is still not wasted though, as they will be spending from the pool yours (and everyone elses) has gone into.

The permissions exist since, considering the limits on how much you can build at once and the time it may take to complete, guild leadership may very well have some ideas about what to get in which order, and allowing anyone to spend it may put those plans on hold for a bit. Influence will only buy the options listed under the guild; There are not special personal Influence vendors, again since unlike Karma and Gold you don't actually have any of it personally.

It does make some sense, any ideas?

Ahhh, yes that does make sense. I think the first BWE IIRC you had to assign/donate/earmark your influence to your guild.... glad to see that has changed.

Did anyone actually donate their influence? I never did but FDM still generated influence. I guess it is a moot point now, though.

Hi all, just to let everyone know that we have set aside the funds for our three copies and will be in game as soon as we get them installed. so , yes Genenut (guild leader elect) and her hubby, Lord of the North and our son, daemonrocks23 will be in game soon. My younger brother is thinking about joining us in GW2, he is currently playing Star Wars the Old Republic and has asked me if anyone here plays that too.

While searching for more information on influence I came across this on a forum in GW2Guru. Everyone seemed to think this was the way influence worked as implemented in GW2.

Influence is always assigned directly to your current guild. The interface may be a bit confusing on this matter, since it will also show you what you have earned for the guild, but the Influence isn't yours at any point.

So long as you represent a guild, almost anything you do will earn your guild Influence at varying rates, be that completing events, hearts, winning PvP matches, taking over keeps etc. I think even crafting XP gains you some.

This pool of Influence that you helped earn can then be spent by anyone in the guild with the right permissions. If you don't have those perms, your Influence is still not wasted though, as they will be spending from the pool yours (and everyone elses) has gone into.

The permissions exist since, considering the limits on how much you can build at once and the time it may take to complete, guild leadership may very well have some ideas about what to get in which order, and allowing anyone to spend it may put those plans on hold for a bit. Influence will only buy the options listed under the guild; There are not special personal Influence vendors, again since unlike Karma and Gold you don't actually have any of it personally.

It does make some sense, any ideas?

Wow, this is very interesting... a great way to pull a group together.. another genius idea from GW... I'm impressed, satisfied, and piqued

:)

gogo

Hi all, just to let everyone know that we have set aside the funds for our three copies and will be in game as soon as we get them installed. so , yes Genenut (guild leader elect) and her hubby, Lord of the North and our son, daemonrocks23 will be in game soon. My younger brother is thinking about joining us in GW2, he is currently playing Star Wars the Old Republic and has asked me if anyone here plays that too.

We'll be waiting for you in-game as soon as you get online, and I can't wait for that moment! :BlobRed:

Max

Has anyone seen anything official sounding regarding cross server guild influence? I am still concerned about how influence is earned for guilds that extend across servers. I read player reports about it being completely separate for each home server. The fact that the influence tab lists the server name, means these are not reports I can easily dismiss.