GW2 Stress Test Aug 2, 2012

Flooxim and I were discussing the possibility of Stress Test 3 just last weekend. We were leaning towards an announcement this week and the stress test being next week.

Looks like I have about 24 hours to come up with something productive to do in-game for half an hour.

I actually think I will try a Mesmer, just for the heck of it.

A Mesmer? :eek: Trying to rub it in, eh? ;)

I know you like ranged combat. I would suggest trying either scepter/pistol or greatsword. Scepter/pistol has an advantage in the short playing window in that you start with a scepter and can choose a pistol when you complete the tutorial. Just me two cents...

A Mesmer? :eek: Trying to rub it in, eh? ;)

I know you like ranged combat. I would suggest trying either scepter/pistol or greatsword. Scepter/pistol has an advantage in the short playing window in that you start with a scepter and can choose a pistol when you complete the tutorial. Just me two cents...

Just trying to expand my options for when we go live. :viking:

Pretty happy that there will be a stress test. I also thought it would be next week. I hoped they told us about th test a few days ago though. Yesterday, I switched my tomorrow's shift with another co-worker, so instead of working 2pm-10pm, I work 7am-3pm, so I'll get to play with you all! And our characters have not been wiped yet!

Max

So many people logging in right at the start, won't let me connect :/

It took me some time and I crashed once, but I got in. Just keep trying.

Max

It took me some time and I crashed once, but I got in. Just keep trying.

Max

Yup, same here. Seems to be more stable now though. Are you guys on? I heard they were having some difficulty with guilds/friends lists today.

So the stress test ended, and we've been able to get a party of 4 players. There's been issues with chat though, but that's what happens in a stress test. I got a couple pics/videos from it, I'll share them with you all.

Max

No video here. :sob: I only had about 45 minutes to play. When I started the game, the window was some weird shape and mostly off my monitor. I was frantically changing things in order to play. Somehow, my video came out so dark you can hardly make out anything.

We all had to reset our graphics. When I first logged in I was in window mode and everything was really really dark and jagged. I'm guessing that this beta the graphics were GPU driven rather then CPU driven as has been the case in the past. All Graphics were wiped so you had to reset them all. I didn't really bother for such a short play time, I just hit auto detect and went with it.

We all had to reset our graphics. When I first logged in I was in window mode and everything was really really dark and jagged. I'm guessing that this beta the graphics were GPU driven rather then CPU driven as has been the case in the past. All Graphics were wiped so you had to reset them all. I didn't really bother for such a short play time, I just hit auto detect and went with it.

The graphics yesterday made me happy that I begged the wife for a new graphics card, even in those underwater battles my temps were reasonably cool and I was hitting high 60s to low 70s FPS. And that is after I hit the reset to default graphics and it made darn near everything set to high. I love my GTX 670. :thumbsup: