That just finished it for me

Well,I haven't played D3 for about a month as I found I'd lost interest in the game. I went in from time to time just so that it updated, but didn't actually launch the game. I try to go in today and find I've been banned! I've had an email from Battlenet accusing me of using some third party software to cheat! I haven't even been into the game, I've been playing Kingdoms of Amalur instead! I now have the option of either purchasing a new licence or appealing the ban decision. Well, I'm certainly not going to do the former, am I? I'll take the third option and uninstall, I think.

Sorry to post this here, but I needed to get it off my chest somewhere!

I would try and get it back just in case the game gets fixed to be more fun in future patches. That is a kick in the teeth though and I wouldn't blame you if you uninstalled it.

I've tried and tried to keep playing D3 but it has been a let down for pretty much everyone I know. Somewhere underneath the AH grind is a good game but wether it can be patched to be the game it should be is debatable.

Hopefully Blizzard can bring D3 back to greatness.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I've been thinking it over and had decided my account has been hacked. What bothered me was the way the email from Blizzard accused me of being the culprit, when all I did was leave my account unused for a period of time. I suppose it has made me more aware of my security now, which can only be a good thing. I will appeal the decision, but I doubt I'll get anywhere, because of the tone of Blizzard's email.

I'll let you know if anything happens.

I can get into Battlenet, so I'm not completely banned. I've raised a ticket to challenge the ban.

Edited by Steerpike1

I'll let you know if anything happens.

I can get into Battlenet, so I'm not completely banned. I've raised a ticket to challenge the ban.

Can you call them on this? I remember an account I was trying to gift kept getting suspended, for three days kept turning off, and I was always so excited to play, :viking:... finally called them, and they were able to figger stuff out o'er the call!

:dance:

gogo

I've tried and tried to keep playing D3 but it has been a let down for pretty much everyone I know.

Heya Dobster

I'm seeing Stick from Clan DA regularly in the American servers HC, and two days ago, Erling from Clan DA made a new DH to help me level along in the servers cuz of my untimely dalliance with the dark fates of death, and even Stick offered to start a new toon just to help me level along through early lvels!

:hugs:

For this site FDM, we're posting on this topic here

Time to Play HC Diablo 3

if you're to meet up with the community, post and find me!

Cheers

:)

gogo

Hey Gogo, that's great that a few DA'ers are still playing. Sadly my account was on the EU side so it would mean a complete restart with an empty stash. I just don't think the game is good enough to warrant a fresh start just yet.

A small group of us are having a blast in PoE, a much better party game than D3 IMO.

I take it all back. I've been un-banned now, as it did appear my account was hacked (well, I know it wasn't me). I've downloaded an authenticator on my phone, as it's always next to me when I game. Hopefully, this will stop it happening again. Blizzard is going to do a rollback on my account, so all should be as I left it a month back (he typed, hopefully).

That's a pretty fast turn round on their part, and has got my admiration. Once the rollback is done (if possible), I'll be able to get back in. I might be doing so on a regular basis, just to check no other shenanigans happen!

And if DIII follows the path of DII, it'll be when the expansion is released that I really start play. I'd liked DII when it was released, but it was Lord of Destruction that really got me into the game.

Thanks for the replies, guys, and thumbs up to Blizzard on their support.

Edited by Steerpike1

And if DIII follows the path of DII, it'll be when the expansion is released that I really start play. I'd liked DII when it was released, but it was Lord of Destruction that really got me into the game.

Glad it was sorted out quickly for ya...and I totally agree with above statement. While D2 vanilla was a good game....it really shined once LoD came out...hoping D3 follows the same way

I've read the stories about 10 million units sold, but of a massive drop in players. Supposedly the player drop was due to 'nerfing' difficulty. If the '10 hour to game completion' stories are true, you're talking about maybe 60 hours max of going thru the difficulties(I'm trying to account for inevitable grinding for gear). That would be for one character. At the moment, the real money auction house is the only revenue besides sales.

I've read the stories about 10 million units sold, but of a massive drop in players. Supposedly the player drop was due to 'nerfing' difficulty. If the '10 hour to game completion' stories are true, you're talking about maybe 60 hours max of going thru the difficulties(I'm trying to account for inevitable grinding for gear). That would be for one character. At the moment, the real money auction house is the only revenue besides sales.

With 10 million copies sold, I'm not sure they are in a particular need for other revenue sources.

Could be interesting to hear how RMAH is going for them. I generally believe that if some product is successful, companies will make sure to tell everyone repeatedly.

Since they wont tell...

Might just be wishful thinking.

I take it all back. I've been un-banned now, as it did appear my account was hacked (well, I know it wasn't me). I've downloaded an authenticator on my phone, as it's always next to me when I game. Hopefully, this will stop it happening again. Blizzard is going to do a rollback on my account, so all should be as I left it a month back (he typed, hopefully).

That's a pretty fast turn round on their part, and has got my admiration. Once the rollback is done (if possible), I'll be able to get back in. I might be doing so on a regular basis, just to check no other shenanigans happen!

Wonderful news! Their customer service was a quick and responsive experience for me, and was cool finally getting to chat it up with Blizzard live, I'm glad you're back in the game, look me up!

gogo

10 million... 10 million?

And 10 million copies at 50. bux each right, is er....

enuff to buy a small country?

Just_Cuz_21.gif

With 10 million copies sold, I'm not sure they are in a particular need for other revenue sources.

Could be interesting to hear how RMAH is going for them. I generally believe that if some product is successful, companies will make sure to tell everyone repeatedly.

Since they wont tell...

Might just be wishful thinking.

I've been looking for those kinds of numbers all over the net too, Shadout. I know some of my friends from work have made real money from the auction house at five to ten bux each...but I keep thinking...a few thousand like that... Blizzard must be knee-deep... and yeah, even without the Auction House... 10 million copies sold

O.gif

gogo

Glad it was sorted out quickly for ya...and I totally agree with above statement. While D2 vanilla was a good game....it really shined once LoD came out...hoping D3 follows the same way

ahhh, and this post of your Robb, makes me wonder how this huge journey's gonna go ... I never played Diablo before, and this comapny's supposed to be the smartest game company in the world, they will never rest their laurels and know that making money is about making us happy... where will D3 go next!

gogo

ahhh, and this post of your Robb, makes me wonder how this huge journey's gonna go ... I never played Diablo before, and this comapny's supposed to be the smartest game company in the world, they will never rest their laurels and know that making money is about making us happy... where will D3 go next!

They are supposed to be the slowest at least!

But yeah, they used to be smart in the way that they realized happy customers were returning customers, even if it meant releasing patches 10 years after release. Which sadly seems to be a rare thing in the industry, with EA and similar stopping to support their games after a few months.

On the other hand, maybe Blizzard dont actually support their games longer than others, 1 normal year of support just ends up being 10 years due to the glacial speed of development :P

Edited by Shadout