Sacred 3 Current Scheduelled Release Date for 2013

gogoblender

From DeepSilver Sacred 3 Forums as posted by Maurice T, the International Community Manager... gotta love his title "knows what's going on"

Oh yeah! And here's the quote from the topic:

A warm welcome to all Sacred fans both old and new, on the official forum for Sacred 3!

Stay tuned for more information on Sacred 3, and bear with us while we work on the forum and all associated subforums, as more and more is revealed about the next Sacred action-RPG. Not to worry, Sacred 3 will not be an MMO.

For up to the minute information, also keep an eye on our website: http://www.sacred-world.com/, or our Facebook and Twitter channels.

Sacred 3 is currently scheduled for 2013.

Dance on folks, Sacred 3 is coming!

:dance:

gogo

Aaaawyeah! :woot:

Also great to hear it's not a MMO. Never got into 'em personally.

Here's hoping it'll be another great ARPG in the glorious footprints of the predecessors. ^^

Currently bashing mobs with my Coup-Elf on Sacred 2. :P

2013? good grief, I'll reckon we'll get one hell of a dumbed down and unfinished game on our hands then.

Ever the optimist hey Spunky :P

I hear what your saying though but I'm sure S3 has already been in development for quite a while already. 2013 could still mean the 30th December next year :lol:

2013? good grief, I'll reckon we'll get one hell of a dumbed down and unfinished game on our hands then.

Ever the optimist hey Spunky :P

I hear what your saying though but I'm sure S3 has already been in development for quite a while already. 2013 could still mean the 30th December next year :lol:

Has me a little concerned as well. But like Dobs said we don't know how long they've been developing it already. Going hope it's been awhile and stay optimisitic

They originally announced a 2011/2012 release. Assuming they have been working on it already (the last ETA was two years ago), 2013 may not be overly optimistic.

(I am still skeptical though. Only time will tell.)

I'm inline with Spunky, here.

Either they are using Ascaron's Sacred 2 engine, with it's quirks and whatnot... IIRC it is not very pretty to work with, either.

or they are building a new engine, which will have it's own "maturing" period - the time it takes to work out the kinks and bugs... which makes a 2013 release quite optimistic, in terms of having a relatively bug-free game at release.

<crossing fingers I'm wrong>

I hope that S3 has been in development for a while now, we know it was announced a while ago so hopefully that is the case. In terms of the game engine however, it seems that the wonderful folks over at allsacred.ru have speculated it could be using the unreal 4 engine. If they have decided to use such a proven engine then that would help cut down on development time and one would also hope bugs and compatibility issues.

Read the translated page from allSacred here.

That 2013 release date does seem awfully fast...lol actually hoping it takes a wee bit longer though...

got Diablo 3 to finish AND Guild Wars 2 to get through... we're in the middle of the best release of games in years... wanna love it all and dont want Sacred 3 to be botched... though yeah... not a real sacred game without the bugs eh?

:P

gogo

Really surprised it's ETA is 2013 especially after hearing nothing about the game til now. Not that I mind lol

That is kinda close, they must of been working on this for a while and didnt want to say anything just yet.

Wow 2013 is to close, maybe its better that why so they dont have to run and always having interviews about this titles and just stay working on the title.

This might be a smart move on their half, so when we see what they will show us it must be in Alpha or close to beta.

(my guess)

Wolfie: Umm, it's just a beginning of a brand new, long time period. Or that's the most recent interpretation I've heard of the matter.

And about the timeframe, I might be totally, utterly and reversably wrong, but I guess they might've been working with Sacred 3 for well over 3 years. To what extent, it's hard to say, but I'm sure to keep the positive hopes high. :)

Here's hoping the Mayans were hopelessly, utterly and completely WRONG...

I very rarely laugh out loud to anything I read...but you got me on this one :4rofl:

From what I understand the announcement of Sacred 3 was quite some time ago. I checked the original announcement by Deep Silver about owning the franchise, which was three years ago. We're just getting news from Deep Silver about the game. I would not put it past the development team that things have been in secret for quite some time(likely before the multiplayer server shut down a few months ago).

In the software field, new operating systems or programs go thru revisions every few years. Even giving Deep Silver a one year period from announcement in 2009 to 2010 still gives them three years to have been working on the game from release.

What I'm about to say is pure speculation, but it's just possible that the new game is so multiplatform that PC players will be able to see and join console players or maybe be able to join another game worldwide(regardless of region).

Edited by DaveO

From what I understand the announcement of Sacred 3 was quite some time ago. I checked the original announcement by Deep Silver about owning the franchise, which was three years ago. We're just getting news from Deep Silver about the game. I would not put it past the development team that things have been in secret for quite some time(likely before the multiplayer server shut down a few months ago).

In the software field, new operating systems or programs go thru revisions every few years. Even giving Deep Silver a one year period from announcement in 2009 to 2010 still gives them three years to have been working on the game from release.

What I'm about to say is pure speculation, but it's just possible that the new game is so multiplatform that PC players will be able to see and join console players or maybe be able to join another game worldwide(regardless of region).

Yeah I dont think that is going to happen, only 2 games on xbox was allow to do that, Final Fantasy XI and Shadowrun. Microsoft have a very strict policy about opening up other ports to come in and crash down their network.

Deep Silvers Twitter feed states there is a Sacred World which includes Scared 3.

Right.. What we know so far...

There is a new portal - www.sacred-world.com - and it's got two sections.

One is for Sacred Citadel - which is a 2D side scrolling game.

The other is for Sacred 3 - which is still under wraps.

:bump:

Yah.. But you gotta admit, it would suck horribly if the world ended on Dec 21st, 2012...

Yah.. But you gotta admit, it would suck horribly if the world ended on Dec 21st, 2012...

I predict the Mayan equivalent of Y2K. :)

I predict the Mayan equivalent of Y2K. :)

I believe it to be nothing more then smoke & mirrors. To keep the mass's distracted as to what is really happening behind the global scenes.

Will stop there, not to be flagged! by our mod team... :)

I remain, :mafia: