Sacred 3 Current Scheduelled Release Date for 2013

gogoblender

There was a tremendous amount of negative feedback on sites when they first released that they were going to release a game, that to many of us, felt like a cop out.

They had a time line, then, very quickly, no more news was coming out. They know that the fans are very specific about what they're looking for in a game like this, and my feeling was that they had to re-think.

Diablo 3 went through many many incarnations, and zero response from Blizzard for many many, many years before Blizzard made that announcement actually verifying a release.

Throughout that time, all the sites kept running, and keeping faith.

We hold the vigil here!

:superman:

gogo

There's a difference between Blizzard and Deep Silver
Blizzard had other projects running and had a means of making money in other ways
Also they were designing/developing that thing that was going to be the GHOST
( based on a class of Starcraft, that one didn't make it either )
and maintaining the wow beast they already had, all at the same time
IMHO Deep Silver was trying to make some fast money in releasing a platform game
( based on the hype and milking the people )
and then some more fast money in releasing a platform-like game
which they would have stiched together realy fast
( hence the console-planed release instead of PC )
Like copy-pasta ready code and enter new models? No thanks...
The 1st made it but I doubt they had the revenue they expected
and so... I got that funny feeling...
Anyway, I would love to be wrong there and get surprised by them
cheers

W00t, high settings? With your computer? Rofl!

Edited by tom.morrow

I realy wish I'm not

There are numerous examples of companies that have a project on and off for quite some time
( one such is Frontier developments, having over the span of 10 or so years on and off news of deving the next Elite version )

Finally, last year

(

and while Markus Persson a.k.a. "Notch",

the dev who made Minecraft, had announced his own Elite-style game,

and had already started working on it

)

they started building it and even went on crowdfunding

(

resulting in "Notch" droping his project

(

at least there isn't any news on that project on the dedicated site since then

and thats a shame, since he had build alot of things already

)

and funding David Braben's new Elite, very lame IMHO

)

IMHO, Braben got cold feet from the competition and started to build the game he was promissing for years
because he knew, and saw, that he was gonna loose the hype to Notch, ( and probably bought him aswell )

Also, ( possibly another point of cold feet for Braben )
at the same time Star Citizen ( by Chris Roberts who made Starlancer and Freelancer )
got announced and went on crowdfunding aswell.

Coincidences? I don't friggin think so...

EDIT:

sorry about the rant

cheers

Detected system: windows 3.11 - switching screen resolution to 320x480 pixels.

Edited by tom.morrow

I guess, that this is what we are all hope for, to see a game which is really a "successor" of Sacred, Sacred Underworld, Sacred - The fallen Angel and Sacred - Ice and Blood and not that kind of game they had been announcing last year.

The head coders from ASCRON should get together and go GrindingGearGames style. They should pull a Path of Exile style developement and watch the fans come running when they outdo their own creation of Sacred 2. Those big ideas will get MEGA support in a free-to-play donation-based model. Anyone have a way to contact them? Spread the suggestion! GGG made like 3million USD the first year in closed beta alone, and there were only like 8 guys working on it.

If a S3 ever happens the fans deserve the best. Not like the crap Blizzard put out with D3.

I think from the details I read, and the information we had up untill now, it will be a clone of Dungeons Siege 3, see the trailers and the bad review it got, whatever they will bring in that game, can't compare to a pc orientated game and it will not be succesfull, even fable , failed alot .

And you know whats weird, All these type of games, Dungeon Siege 3, Sacred 3 (wich is upcoming) , Last Fable version, diablor3 ? (I've read somewhere it became avaible for consoles as well sometime ago, ) if you take the skill system from diablo 3 and the auction house, you will have the same thing in commone as the above, and so on. T

They have the same exact play style and game mechanics with some differences of course, and you know whats bad, they didn't got the succes they were suppose to get (Besides diablo 3 of course :) ), given their hard names, wich marked the history of this genre.

And this is my oppinion

Pc -> Console ( good thing)

Console -> PC (Realy bad thing)

Console -> (Worst thing you can do, and the project director should get shot in the head)

If sacred 3 will enter the first category wich I would doubt it, the game will be as , or even more succefull then his predecesors, Hopefully Deep Silver will take the direction of both the money and the succes.

Edited by AngelShade

Some devs can you find here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Studio-II/433021116737467

BTW: The game was coded by studio 2. Ascaron make only the console version from sacred 2.

well whoever coded the pc version I believe the sacred name and game ideas were Ascron. either way I believe the PoE model (preceded by others, I know) is a completely viable option when deepsilver flops on the release of sacred 3. we all need to pray hard lmao

No, the design and idea was from studio 2. Ascaron have buy studio 2 in the past and make it to a 100% sub company from ascaron, but the serie was always made by studio 2.

BTW: The name studio 2 was changed by ascaron. Before ascaron buy studio 2 was the name ikarion and the game name was armalion and we know this game is sacred. :)

I didn't realize the Ikarion team continued to work on the game after Ascaron bought Armalion. I thought they just bought the IP, I didn't know they bought the company too. That's very cool info to know!

No, the design and idea was from studio 2. Ascaron have buy studio 2 in the past and make it to a 100% sub company from ascaron, but the serie was always made by studio 2.

BTW: The name studio 2 was changed by ascaron. Before ascaron buy studio 2 was the name ikarion and the game name was armalion and we know this game is sacred. :)

ok I was wrong. I was just a player. and not for long before the servers went under. whatever the case, I think they should try the f2p when deepsilver flops. which you never commented on, and was the point of my post.

To get back on topic; as if it's possible here to stay on topic long:

I got a newsletter from Deep Silver last week, called "Sacred".

So I was like: "Yay! Finally some news!" :D

And news I got. I got news about how some Dev's of Saints Row IV came up with an idea for their fans to start a video competition or something like that; in which they decide how Santa saves X-mas.

I got news about the arrival of the PC-box of "Dungeons and Dragons Neverwinter."

I got news about pre-ordering "Rambo: The Video-game".

I got news about the return of "Putty Squad", some character which was very much liked by Amiga players.

I got news about the release of boxed version of "Rail Nation".

I got news about the new website - including new screenshots - for the game: " Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment."

I got news about the release of an Add-on called: "Blaulicht & Co: Emergency 2014"

What I DIDN'T get, was news about Sacred 3, although the title said so.

Since Deep FECAL MATTER!ter has gone dead-silent at the Sacred International forums and I haven't checked their forum for a while, and the fact their e-mail called "sacred" had no news about Sacred at all, I'm starting to believe the development of the game has come to an end and they're too scared to tell us.

Thorin. :)

PS: For those at the DS forum and getting the news letter, check your spam-box if you haven't seen it.

Personally I woulldn't mind if there's not a Sacred 3. I wouldn't feel disappointed or let down. We have two excellent entries in the franchise that provide YEARS of gameplay each. The team that made them, they're gone and scattered around as far as I know. I'd rather maintain the good feeling that the legacy of Sacred 1 and 2 give than have a bad taste put it my mouth by a lackluster third entry by a different team.

Part 3 seems like the cursed entry for RPG's anyway.

• Dungeon Siege 3 (disgrace to the name)
  • Gothic 3 (bad reputation for being buggy, although I thought Gothic 4 was worse overall)
  • Diablo 3 (maybe I'm just getting old but always online DRM and auction house killed it for me before I finished the demo)
  • Mass Effect 3 (an ending that shat upon the entire story line)
  • There never was a Baldur's Gate 3, despite years of "almosts" and pining from fans.

Maybe The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age 3 will break the spell.

• Like! 1

Personally I woulldn't mind if there's not a Sacred 3. I wouldn't feel disappointed or let down. We have two excellent entries in the franchise that provide YEARS of gameplay each. The team that made them, they're gone and scattered around as far as I know. I'd rather maintain the good feeling that the legacy of Sacred 1 and 2 give than have a bad taste put it my mouth by a lackluster third entry by a different team.

Part 3 seems like the cursed entry for RPG's anyway.

• Dungeon Siege 3 (disgrace to the name)
  • Gothic 3 (bad reputation for being buggy, although I thought Gothic 4 was worse overall)
  • Diablo 3 (maybe I'm just getting old but always online DRM and auction house killed it for me before I finished the demo)
  • Mass Effect 3 (an ending that shat upon the entire story line)
  • There never was a Baldur's Gate 3, despite years of "almosts" and pining from fans.

Maybe The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age 3 will break the spell.

The number 3 isn't always a curse..

Lest we forget - Duke Nukem 3D was probably the best of the series... The ending on that one was quite amusing, if a big nasty.

Of course, the 4th installment took like 3 centuries (or so it seems) to get done..

I am really excited for the 3rd Witcher. I couldn't get into Dragon Age. I had the first one for pc. It wasn't a bad game, but I was under the illusion that it was going to be more open world. I also didn't like the whole party concept. I guess in gaming, I'm anti-social, I like to be the wolf screaming lonely in the night.

There are some great 3rd games in the series that made big changes and were better for it.

“GTA 3” was a historic 3d urban sandbox.

“Thief 3” removed loosing your gear after every mission and let you climb walls.

“Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind” became a full living 3D world of RPG.

Point being, that in each of these games the developers WANTED to make a special new creation and paid respect to the worlds lore established before it. Money based on the name was never the primary goal of the project.

So for now having no Sacred 3 is better than what they were trying to pull on us. We can wait for a dedicated team of people who will honor the legacy of the game, no patent-farm the name for money. I can wait forever for “Sacred 3” and “Dungeon Keeper 3” (my other favorite series) if they are done right.

• Like! 1

Another 3rd part that was well done is Heroes of might and magic 3 and the 2 expansion. It had very few bugs as far as I could tell, and it started things that they could improve on more in Heroes of Might and Magic 4 and 5...

Delta!

There are some great 3rd games in the series that made big changes and were better for it.

“Thief 3” removed loosing your gear after every mission and let you climb walls.

Point being, that in each of these games the developers WANTED to make a special new creation and paid respect to the worlds lore established before it. Money based on the name was never the primary goal of the project.

So for now having no Sacred 3 is better than what they were trying to pull on us. We can wait for a dedicated team of people who will honor the legacy of the game, no patent-farm the name for money. I can wait forever for “Sacred 3” and “Dungeon Keeper 3” (my other favorite series) if they are done right.

Meh.. GTA3 was OK.. Tho Vice City was better and San Andreas was even better. San An was probably my favorite game until Sacred and Sacred 2 came along.

Meh.. GTA3 was OK.. Tho Vice City was better and San Andreas was even better. San An was probably my favorite game until Sacred and Sacred 2 came along.

GTA Vice City and San Andreas where both really good, they kept the essence of the game even though it advanced and improved. I think GTA San Andreas shares the top spot with Heroes of Might and Magic for being the games that I spent the most time playing.

Delta!

GTA Vice City and San Andreas where both really good, they kept the essence of the game even though it advanced and improved. I think GTA San Andreas shares the top spot with Heroes of Might and Magic for being the games that I spent the most time playing.

Yes, yes, later released Vice City and San Andreas are better in terms of more options and all. But when I brought GTA 3 to the list, I meant what a historical change it brought to the world of the gaming, and what it looked and felt like compared to GTA 2. For its time GTA 3 felt like a fresh new standalone game with the number 3 at the end.

Oh, just thought of another one: Resident evil 3