Sacred 3 Current Scheduelled Release Date for 2013

gogoblender

To add one not many people here may know:

Europa Universalis III.

It's still one of my - and of many more as well - favourite games, despite its successor is already for sale.

Another one I still like a lot is

Patrician III (Known as Patrizier II Gold in Germany).

Those two games changed the way I look at games even now, while Patrician II and particular Patrician III made me an Ascaronie. :D

Thorin :)

How many of these are RPG's? I only recognized Morrowind. Because this thread will go on interminably just reminiscing about every great 3rd installment ever for every genre. I mean HELLO Super Mario Bros. 3.

Does it matter which ones are RPG's?
The point was that simply mentioning that the 3rd instalment of a certain game series fails isn't true. Some third instalments failed, some were successful. And as it turned out, a lot more were successful.

What's more troublesome is that by keeping silent, Deep Shiver creates two groups of fans. One group is expecting a better game as Sacred 2. Both in graphics, as in engine and storyline.

The other group is expecting a worse game as Sacred 2 was, and especially worse graphics, when looking at the few released screenshots.

And their bad feelings about the game are even increased by Deep Sinner, whom send their forum-members a mail with the subject "sacred", and then mention a lot of games, except Sacred.

Make that 3 groups..

The 3rd being those who feel the utter silence this past year means that Sacred 3 has been binned and put on indeterminate hold and no release is coming anytime soon.

But seriously, Thorin... Can you BLAME Dork Sliver for using the word Sacred in their email...? It got you to open it instead of tossing it. Didn't it?

And I'm sure you're not alone in that respect. I'd say it almost guaranteed that anyone getting that email would open it - at least among the Sacred faithful.

S3 will not be released in 2013, of course :)

http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php/68438-Sacred-3-end-of-year-update

The big question here, why not?, is a little more complicated I guess. Since there is absolutely nothing of news since the first previews, there is nothing we can do but speculating. Which, to be honest, leads us nowhere right now ...

• Like! 1

Does it matter which ones are RPG's?

The point was that simply mentioning that the 3rd instalment of a certain game series fails isn't true. Some third instalments failed, some were successful. And as it turned out, a lot more were successful.

What's more troublesome is that by keeping silent, Deep Shiver creates two groups of fans. One group is expecting a better game as Sacred 2. Both in graphics, as in engine and storyline.

The other group is expecting a worse game as Sacred 2 was, and especially worse graphics, when looking at the few released screenshots.

And their bad feelings about the game are even increased by Deep Sinner, whom send their forum-members a mail with the subject "sacred", and then mention a lot of games, except Sacred.

Well it matters because that's what I originally said. RPG's seem to have a curse against their third entries which makes them let down the series or to be stuck in development hell forever.

I even made sure to specify what I was talking about to avoid 8,000 posts about how part 3 of some racing game, farming simulator, or space shooter series was the most amazing thing evah.

http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php/68438-Sacred-3-end-of-year-update

The big question here, why not?, is a little more complicated I guess. Since there is absolutely nothing of news since the first previews, there is nothing we can do but speculating. Which, to be honest, leads us nowhere right now ...

Cept here to DarkMatters :D

Land of poutine, home of Sacred's Wiki and save harbor and love for this game!

:)

gogo

:huh: You guys do know that that post was made yesterday?

And that right now it’s the middle of December, as in “last month of the year”?

And the development team at Keen Games, who are now in charge of developing Sacred 3, is at least 3 developers short on the project?

Huh. Keen Games are looking for programmers for Sacred 3. Anybody want to try and join their team?

http://www.keengames.com/keen-games/careers/open-positions/

Seriously, nobody is even going to try and send in their resume/CV to these guys? Dream job, right here... :bump:

Yes.. And they (DS) have only themselves to blame. So, yes, we will engage in much mental mast.urbation just for the sake of doing it since we don't have anything better to do.. And we will do a spectacular job of coming up with all manner of wild scenarios. For this IS what we do.. :tease:

Huh. Keen Games are looking for programmers for Sacred 3. Anybody want to try and join their team?

Why? Unless you got the right kind of mad programming skillz, they'll likely shuffle your resume/CV off to the rectangular file.

Sacred 3 will NOT be released this year. Posted in the SIF.

Gee.. Not a surprise. They already missed the golden window for that. For them to have made it, it would have had to have been released in Sept or Oct... That the buzz will be out there, the game will be on store shelves, ready for people to buy it in time for Christmas.

:huh: You guys do know that that post was made yesterday?

And that right now it’s the middle of December, as in “last month of the year”?

And the development team at Keen Games, who are now in charge of developing Sacred 3, is at least 3 developers short on the project?

Seriously, nobody is even going to try and send in their resume/CV to these guys? Dream job, right here... :bump:

Btw... Keen's had that ad up since just before it was announced that they would be spearheading the project for DS.

The truly disturbing thing about this - they STILL have the ad posted. You'd think after all this time, they would have a FULL team cranking out code like a well oiled machine.

There are a couple of reasons why this ad is still posted.

1.) They're losing people left and right and can't hang onto anyone.

2.) Their web guy is a total putz and/or is a lazy slacker who can't be bothered to remove the ad from the web page.

3.) They can't find anyone willing to work on this project. Given the vast amount of negativity, it wouldn't be super surprising. Would YOU personally want to put your name on a project that people will hate?

• Like! 1

Would YOU personally want to put your name on a project that people will hate?

Sadly, yes. If leaving the group in protest will not stop the project (as it usually does), then the least you could do is stay and try to fix as much of it as you can. That’s how my lifetime made a lot of terrible projects became less terrible.

Unfortunately, while I can move to Germany as a gameplay programmer, I can’t for the life of me learn any new normal foreign language through classes. And apparently they will force those German courses on me even if I pass the audition.

FWIW... I dunno how you can make a project like that LESS terrible than what it already seems to be.

Secondly, German isn't that hard to learn. The basics are pretty much the same as English - with a few variations.

Ich bin, du bist, er/sie/es ist = I am, you are, he/she/it is

Der Hund und die Katze = the dog and the cat...

Ich bin ein Berliner = I am a cream puff. What? you thought it meant something else? Actually, JFK got it wrong. A Berliner is a type of pastry, not that you're from Berlin. A more appropriate translation would be "Ich bin von Berlin" - I am from Berlin.

OK... OK..So I'm oversimplifying the task... BIG time..

Needless to say, I'm not so sure how you could contribute much to a project that is, by now, already etched in stone - as far as the concept and general layout goes.

At least, you'd think by this point in time, it would already be already well past the point of hashing out concepts and ideas and well on the road to being completed.

• Like! 1

Lol, you two are funny, and I mean not even the tiniest hint of sarcasm or nastiness when I say that. I have a question: if Deep Silver are going to be butts about Sacred 3, are there ways we can continue to spice up Sacred 2? The way I see it is if they're going to strip Sacred 3 of everything we love about the series, I say we tell them to stick the game up their tail pipes and continue to mod our current Sacred. If Sacred were a tangible item in the real world, I'd be incredibly happy to help. I have a fifty pound piece of green obsidian that my friend could probably smith into a wicked armor set or weapon for a character, which I'd be ecstatic to donate. However, modding Sacred falls well out of my realm of expertise. Heck, I think it was Wolfie who I contacted when I first joined about how I add the downloads here. Ideas are easy, I could come up with them until the Saints come marching in from.....wherever it was that they marched off to, but ideas that work within the parameters that we have the ability to be able to mod the game are totally a different matter. So, are there things that have been left undone that we can still do to add a bit of fresh air to the game?