Sacred 3 not to be an MMO

gogoblender

More news coming in from Deep Silver, this time from Ni Mhaille from the Official Sacred 3 forum, he's Deep Silver Online Communications...here's a quote from the Sacred 3 MMO Topic:

It is scheduled for 2013. smile2.gif

And yes, it is no MMO.

Are we happy?

:)

gogo

3d please! must...have ..my ... 3d

I dont mind isometric for diablo 3...but I guess only cuz my other favorite games are in 3d.. we had so much fun with picture and portrait taking in sacred 2, fellin love with all the creativity of making guides with all those ways of telling the story when you have the power of a 3 d game...

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

great news. I still play at Sacred Underworld, at Sacred 2, and I like how these games were done.

I don't like mmorpg, because I like to play sp, and if Sacred 3 won't have this possibility for sure I won't buy it.

Welcome aboard!

The early news is that S3 will allow you to play solo, along with NPC henchmen. Too early to tell if it will still require an active internet connection to do it.

great news. I still play at Sacred Underworld, at Sacred 2, and I like how these games were done.

I don't like mmorpg, because I like to play sp, and if Sacred 3 won't have this possibility for sure I won't buy it.

Welcome aboard!

The early news is that S3 will allow you to play solo, along with NPC henchmen. Too early to tell if it will still require an active internet connection to do it.

thx,

excellent news; because, currently most of the developers have forgotten that a lot of people like to play SP game.

it will still require an active internet

like Diablo 3, I guess! sad this is the reason why I don't want to play at this game. This is too intrusive.

I also agree this is good news. I am way past MMO's really... no time for it :) So, for a completely egoistic point of view, I am happy it is not. Better to have a decent ARPG (or a 3D one) with some multiplayer than MMO.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't believe that this is even a question. Of course its good news. I challenge you to name any MMO that could be a contender for the top 5, no, top 10 games of all time. MMO's are of lesser quality than real games, considering they are designed to milk money out of you for as long as possible and suck away your life in the process. Also, they are part of the problem with the gaming industry as a whole right now. So, if you cant tell, I dislike MMO's and, in fact, the entire concept of MMO's.

/rant off

I rather agree with you about MMOs. I have been an ardent LotRO fan and player for a couple of years now and really loved the World, Characters and gameplay. But because it is an MMO I am at the mercy of the developers wanting to appeal to the widest possible audience. I have lost track of the number of revamps to the game in the last two years, changes to deeds, skills, characters, requirements, gameplay, allsorts. The latest being that they have introduced mounted combat, so to not 'interfere' with their new baby, all the skills that previously defined my character, such as stuns, traps, debuffs, etc had to be nerfed and rewritten to stop me using them against mounted players and mobs. (Argghhhh!) As another example, I enjoy playing WoW occasionally, but I loved the Burning Crusade version and hate the new Cataclysm (Not to mention Pandaland), but once the servers move on, you lose out, upgrade or die (characterwise)

With a proper game that will not happen, don't want that new doodad or change to skills, then don't install the update. MMOs give you no choice!

Edited by podgie_bear

MMOs give you no choice!

Well written podgie! Could not agree more. At least the current news coming from Deep Silver is positive for our new adventure.

"And yes, it is no MMO."

An updated news briefing is most welcome. *cough*

I remain, :inquire:

• 2 months later...

No MMO? This makes me happy, so as long as the game has some type of multiplayer aspect to it to keep the old Sacred fans happy. I myself prefer single player, but you gotta have the multiplayer to round things out a bit.

I will probably buy this game when it first comes out, as long as it has an aesthetically appealing female character to play.

• 1 month later...

Why mess with what works? Sacred 3 should follow the obvious successes of the previous two games. No need to rewrite the script. I won't bother if it isn't similar to the other 2 games. I need to able to create my personal builds and wander freely.

• Like! 1

Why mess with what works...

I know!

I ask myself this question tons of times a day. What's old, classic, worked, I think is too expensive to keep going these days.

Unless yer a huge mega company like Blizzard, the "math" may not be there anymore

:oooo:

gogo

I have to agree with all of you pretty much I am still to this day playing both Sacred Gold and Sacred 2 Gold (both from steam) sure its frustrating at first to get the games going properly but w/e oh and for the one who said something about games of all times http://www.filibustercartoons.com/games.htm theres a link for em, also I would like to not that I told my cousin the other day (who also still plays Sacred 2 Gold) that I would be just find if they basically did Sacred 2 Gold with better graphics and everything up to todays standerds of quality games lol but if they enhance the game overall that would be nice

ps sorry I dont care to create proper literature lol.