Greetings from the Deep Silver Community Manager!

Hi everyone!

I'm Maurice, the new CM for Deep Silver. Or to be more specific: the International Community Manager.

I only started at Deep Silver recently, so there has been a lot to catch up on. Then there was this little thing where we weren't announcing Sacred Citadel until this week, so there wasn't a whole lot I could tell you until now :). I know it has been a long period of silence for the Sacred franchise in these past years, but from now on there will be more and more Sacred news to share.

For now: Sacred Citadel (for Xbox Live Arcade/PlayStation Network/PC) is not Sacred 3, Sacred 3 is not an MMO, and Sacred 3 will still be an ARPG. Both games are scheduled for 2013. Whew!

So no, Sacred 3 will not be a sidescroller MMO!

What do I do? I create plans for the community for upcoming titles, run our official forums/Facebook/Twitter, collect feedback from the fans, etc. You're always welcome to ask me anything, or PM me here on on our new (and work-in-progress) Sacred Citadel/Sacred 3 forums over on the Deep Silver forums. There's one of me for more or less all of our games, so if I don't respond within hours of your question, please know it's not that I have forgotten about it :).

What don't I do? I'm not developing or producing Sacred Citadel or Sacred 3. So while you can ask me to put this or that in the game, and I collect feedback to relay to our producing team, I can't promise you they will actually put that in the games. I hope you can understand that, since these games have been in development for quite a while now.

I'll be at gamescom and PAX this month, so if you are going, don't hesitate to drop by and say hi!

• Like! 1

Hi Maurice and welcome.

First, thanks for the news and please keep us updated.

Second, are you from Holland and based in Germany or has the country/flag system of the forum gone nuts ?!

Third and last, please tell me that you won't insist on using Steam to activate Sacred 3. If you want to use them as an option, then fine, but please don't say that the only way that you can play the game is to use Steam. I know some don't mind, but I don't like Steam one bit.

Good luck and I hope to hear lot's more from you over the coming months.

Steve.

Heya there, Maurice.

Nice to see the officials around here too. :)

Could really echo Chameleon and Steve there. Really hoping the game's gonna actually be on our HDs instead of servers and only having client. That would certainly limit moddability and such. Personally I'd like to see this one as moddable, as that's really gonna expand the lifespan of a game.

And surely would see some that Steam's only one option. I personally wouldn't mind at all, but as it stands, quite many do.

Woot!

Welcome, Maurice, to our little community!

Nice avatar, should catch the attention of our site admin ;)

I do not have any overbearing requests for the game, just that it stays true to the first 2 games in spirit and style.

Anyhow, very nice to hear from DS again, and look forward to clicking some links and finding out more about the game!

I'm from The Netherlands, but moved to Germany. So I figured I would keep the Dutch flag ;)

I don't know yet what final digital distribution platform for Sacred 3 on PC will be, although Steam is the largest one for PC games worldwide nowadays. As far as I know it won't be any kind of MMO-style client-server setup for the game itself. I would be surprised if it was anything like the Diablo III always-online setup, if that's what you mean, although these kind of decisions lay with the production team and the developer, not with community management. But I'll ask around to see what I can find out :)

Awesome, glad to have you on the boards Maurice! It's very reassuring to know that Deep Silver is reaching out to one of their largest fan bases in this manner :) Also, the news of no MMO, and possible no Diablo III setup is great news to hear. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Deep Silver on the boards, welcome Maurice to DarkMatters!

heh, was hoping you'd be able to find your way to this fansite, there's been a whole lotta info being released in so many areas all at once, it was as if a ton of wishes had been granted, confirmation of a sacred 3 release, a SECOND sacredesque game (Go Sacred Citadel! :bounce: ) with a flashy new website for Sacred-World^^

I think the idea of a hub for a bunch of new sacred ideas is genius, and calling it sacred world means the franchise can go to a of places.

A cartoon brawler... who woulda guessed?

Bring it on!

But... course bring it with Sacred 3 too :P

All you can eat Poutine Bar is on the left, our secret juice bar somewhere...oh well, you'll have to hang out here a l'il longer to find that.

Thank you for coming, you've made a lot of fans very happy with you as Deep Silver official Representative here on the site.

Welcome to the family!

xmastree.gif

gogo

Hi Maurice and welcome to the forums....be patient with us...we're super excited to finally have some tangible news about S3 and we're gonna ask ALOT of questions :)

I know have about 1.2 gazillion things I can ask about but will hold off (for now) until I get a better idea of how the game mechanics/servers/gameplay etc emerges.

Just wanted to say welcome aboard and thank you for taking the time to come in and say hi in our little corner of the internet :)

Hi Maurice!

Welcome to DarkMatters..! Glad to see you here... So I suppose it could be said you will be stepping into the shoes of Carolyn Hacker - who was the Community Manager with Ascaron during Sacred 2's development. Very cool..

I suppose it's a bit early, but I figure I might as well ask.. Back in the day, Carolyn posted on SIF a question asking people to come up with witty grave stone messages. A lot of them wound up in the game.

Do you know if there will be anything similar going on for Sacred 3? You just can't have a Sacred game without any grave robbing - and witty gravestones to read! The only reason I ask - is so we can all put our thinking caps on and come up with some good ones. :D

I suppose it's a bit early, but I figure I might as well ask.. Back in the day, Carolyn posted on SIF a question asking people to come up with witty grave stone messages. A lot of them wound up in the game.

Do you know if there will be anything similar going on for Sacred 3? You just can't have a Sacred game without any grave robbing - and witty gravestones to read! The only reason I ask - is so we can all put our thinking caps on and come up with some good ones. :D

I'll see what I can do! A big difference with Ascaron is that I'm not in the office with the developers, so I have to jump through a number of loops to get things done when it comes to in-game content. But this sounds like a cool idea if it fits the game :)

I'll see what I can do! A big difference with Ascaron is that I'm not in the office with the developers, so I have to jump through a number of loops to get things done when it comes to in-game content. But this sounds like a cool idea if it fits the game :)

The community managers from ascaron was not in the same city as the development studio from sacred;)

Studio 2 was in Aachen and the headquarter from Ascaron in Gütersloh and a small pr office in Potsdam.

PS: Welcome on board and maybe you will stay longer as the other cm's;)

PPS: Only the console version was made in Gütersloh.

Woohoo! Welcome aboard!

So... How, when, and where do we get signed up for beta testing? A number of us here originated in Sacred 1 and were Sacred 2 beta testers and are ready to report for duty on any upcoming Sacred property. (And Darkmatters has picked up a number of other great gamers who'd do a great job of beta testing too!)

OK.. Seems reasonable... The reason I mention it - when you've got several hundred grave stones - it's good to have help coming up with that many that are any good. We've compiled a list of them - broken down by where to find them - on the Sacred Wiki for everyone's convenience.

Edited by wolfie2kX

OK.. Seems reasonable... The reason I mention it - when you've got several hundred grave stones - it's good to have help coming up with that many that are any good. We've compiled a list of them - broken down by where to find them - on the Sacred Wiki for everyone's convenience.

This is actually a good thing to throw in. I mean... was Sacred the only game out there that had this great gag with the grave stones going?

Man, getting all those inscriptions...headache eh :lol:

Maurice, perhaps they could continue this tradition in Sacred 3 as well as it`s so unique to the franchise?

:)

gogo

Gogo: I guess. At least none of the other RPGs I've played sported readable tombstones and such.

Hoping to see them return. :) And while hoping, I might as well crank my brains to get a few witty suggestions. :P

I hope we do get some input to tombstone inscriptions. That was a blast over on S.I.F.

I remember that Masteff came up with some fantastic one's. He really is the king of the one liner. :bow:

Steve.

Let's not forget the silly messages on the loading screen (the used actually used in Sacred 2 are documented on the Wiki): http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=39691

Cider Steve and I generated a fair number of those as well.

The ol' SIF has a slightly stale thread for silly message and tombstone suggestions for S3: http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=69814

Looks like I logged in just in time for great news! Great to hear from DS!

One question I have ( since my computer is down and out) could you find out what the system requirements will be for S3? This way I can rebuild to the proper specs prior to release.

Thanks much :viking:

Looks like I logged in just in time for great news! Great to hear from DS!

One question I have ( since my computer is down and out) could you find out what the system requirements will be for S3? This way I can rebuild to the proper specs prior to release.

Thanks much :viking:

We don't know yet... We know only the following about the game for sure.

1.) It's not an MMO (YAY!)

2.) It's due out sometime in 2013 (YAY!)

3.) It's not Sacred Citadel - which is something to a.) get us excited and b.) keep interest in the franchise going. (YAY!)

And that's pretty much it...

Details will be coming when DS feels it's time to let the cat out of the bag.