Sacred 3's new Art

gogoblender

And, the first image from Sacred 2 is out!

It's getting along to a style that's just about my favourite frightening stuff, coiled horns, stuff of nightmares, the grotesque ^^ The Sacred-World site is sharp, imo. That huge cartoony image along the left, with the dark, fainter image from Sacred 3 on the right, a nice balancing act.

And took me FOREVER to time the camera click so that I could catch that first drop of blood that turns this nasty creature's eyes red.

Nice touch Deep Silver

I don't think there's any more images out yet for the game, but if this image is indicative of where the arpg is gonna go, we likes :thumbsup:

33ti8h4.gif

What's interesting is the huge contrast tween the cartoon brawler style of Sacred Citadel and Sacred 3 as ARPG...

:)

gogo

Well, that pic gives me some hopes. And I guess it would be nice to get to know that thing better, using a modest arsenal of weapons, that is. :P

Not too exited about the side-scroller, but could be nice snack or something.

You had me excited that we had actually gotten some screenshots, but its only this :(

But seriously gogo, that may not look anything like what things look like ingame and its already difficult to see the picture properly anyway so I'm not going to make any judgements until we get some real pics!

I want a really good art style, I am tired of the realism to these games that comes out ugly. The art work in Citadel is such warm welcome. I hope Sacred 3 is something like Citadel art style or its own cool style.

as soon I start seeing more about Sacred Citdel and Sacred 3 im going to buy a new sketch book and get busy, I have been iching to draw again.

That picture does look cool, but its hard to tell how the game will actually look like. For me personally, I hope they stay away from the cartoonish style, it suits the side scroller well, but for an ARPG it won't work.

That picture does look cool, but its hard to tell how the game will actually look like. For me personally, I hope they stay away from the cartoonish style, it suits the side scroller well, but for an ARPG it won't work.

I'm with you on this one...I want something gritty and dark (though with fun easter eggs/graves etc). A lot of us have grown up with Sacred since S1, I hope the game evolves as we have, though still engaging to new players

Yes it can, they can pull it off, any artiest can do it if they are careful how they are doing it.

If the artstyle follows the picture...great.

If the graphics follow the picture...turn Lumen on just a touch. Just a touch. Would be a very dark world indeed.

I can make out the creature, but still...almost too dark.

I remain, Etherian

I went to Deep Silver's main site tonight (for no other reason than I had nothing better to do) and saw that Sacred Citadel is the main artwork on the site. They are taking this as a serious project then, not some sort of side project. I like the artwork for Sacred Citadel (Sac-Cit?), but hope that S3 gets a more serious art style. While the Sacred series has always had its humour, in the previous games and expansions, this has not been in the realm of the world we see. In fact, the level of detail achieved in the previous two games sometimes amazes me even now.

Edited by Steerpike1

I gotta say, Im with knuckles and moo_moo on this one. Cartoony graphics really wouldn't suit the feel of sacred for me, that would really put me off.

Me too DB. I think it's pretty courageous for our game to take this leap into cartoon land... as an aside only :viking: For Sacred 3, it's gotta be strictly ... good

just ...not cartoony ^^

So far the dark, grit is good, I like that... and I've always been a HUGE fan of the grotesque in Guild Wars... maybe our artistic devs will be so inclined this time.

ok what about the art style in DUNGEON SIEGE III, I just played that lastnight and I must say that looks very good, the colors on that is sweet.

Good call...I loved the art in that game!. yeah , the color palette was especially sweet... too bad replay value of the game was so low for me

:cry:

I went to Deep Silver's main sight tonight (for no other reason than I had nothing better to do) and saw that Sacred Citadel is the main artwork on the site. They are taking this as a serious project then, not some sort of side project. I like the artwork for Sacred Citadel (Sac-Cit?), but hope that S3 gets a more serious art style. While the Sacred series has always had its humour, in the previous games and expansions, this has not been in the realm of the world we see. In fact, the level of detail achieved in the previous two games sometimes amazes me even now.

I was just carousing through some old halls of Sacred 2 the other day... framed works of art, pottery on tables, assorted bric/brac... the game's creators knew what the little touches all added up to... an unbelievably immersive experience that still stands.

I just want a little more gore and blood is all...just... a wee bit more

:devil:

gogo

Yeah I hope so too. The only game of this type that somehow manages to pull off the cartoon style is Torchlight.

I also hope that the game isn't all "dark" areas like the image shows. My favourite areas of S1 are the starter areas with the green fields and the old medieval styled towns. As long as we get areas like Braverock Castle, then I'll be happy. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

This is looking fantastic for Sacred 3. The artstyle follows its legacy!

It's too bad the game itself doesn't :( But I do have to agree that the artwork and visuals for the game look absolutely fantastic.