Photo

Sacred Citadel - New prologue for Sacred 3!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship
  • 2,038 posts
  • Platform:PC
  • Steam Name:Glacierbolt

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hey there guys, just some little pics I took from the teaser trailer of Sacred Citadel that will hopefully get us excited about this next game! I know I am ready to rock with these new characters, how about you guys? :D

Safiri Warrior

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Khukuri Shaman

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Ancarian Ranger

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Mounts

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Deep Silver just announced Sacred Citadel, a standalone single-player and co-op title set in the world of Sacred. The developers have described this one as the prologue to Sacred 3. Expect, the third installment in the Sacred series sometime next year.

"The events in Sacred Citadel will act as a prologue to the next chapter of the Sacred story and will unveil an intriguing secret about the Seraphim that will directly relate to the action RPG Sacred 3, currently in development by keen games and to be released in 2013."

The official word is as follows:

Three warriors unite against an evil that threatens to enslave the once peaceful world of Ancaria. Lord Zane's Ashen Empire has created an army of Grimmocs, modified Orc henchmen at war with the Seraphim. Only when these heroes unite and use their skills to support each other they will stand a chance!

Deep Silver today announced the side-scrolling action brawler Sacred Citadel, a new standalone title that is set in the rich universe of Sacred. Sacred Citadel will reinvent the familiar arcade feel of classic brawlers while setting a new standard for the future of side scrolling hack and slash games.

There are several playable character classes, such as the Safiri Warrior, the Ancarian Ranger and the Khukuri Shaman, each with a different skill set that can be further individualized through RPG features and collectible items. Each character will also have the ability to dual-wield two exchangeable weapons, use combo attacks and perform double jumps. All of which combines into a fluid and unique arcade game experience with sophisticated graphics and spectacular effects. The player will also be able to ride mounts, use war machines and spend his hard earned cash in towns all over the world of Sacred Citadel.

Sacred Citadel will also offer an engrossing multiplayer mode: as up to three players can join forces against their enemies in seamless drop-in/drop-out coop mode. The events in Sacred Citadel will act as a prologue to the next chapter of the Sacred story and will unveil an intriguing secret about the Seraphim that will directly relate to the action RPG Sacred 3, currently in development by keen games and to be released in 2013.

Sacred Citadel will be out in 2013 as a digital download title for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system through PLAYSTATION Network, through Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and through Steam and other ESD partners.

Article Source: http://www.actiontri...3-info/080712_2

Check out my Unbended Content!       Or the Unbended Subreddit!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                    http://www.reddit.com/r/unbended 

#2 essjayehm

essjayehm

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Seems intriguing...

me likey the Shaman!
Posted Image

#3 Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Well...I think it will take a lot to excite me about this game, but at least we have a real S3 to look forward too!

To be honest it looks like a mobile phone game...

#4 Nervusbreakdown

Nervusbreakdown

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hey there guys, just some little pics I took from the teaser trailer of Sacred Citadel that will hopefully get us excited about this next game! I know I am ready to rock with these new characters, how about you guys? :D

Safiri the Warrior

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Khukuri Shaman

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Ancarian Ranger

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Mounts

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Deep Silver just announced Sacred Citadel, a standalone single-player and co-op title set in the world of Sacred. The developers have described this one as the prologue to Sacred 3. Expect, the third installment in the Sacred series sometime next year.

"The events in Sacred Citadel will act as a prologue to the next chapter of the Sacred story and will unveil an intriguing secret about the Seraphim that will directly relate to the action RPG Sacred 3, currently in development by keen games and to be released in 2013."

The official word is as follows:

Three warriors unite against an evil that threatens to enslave the once peaceful world of Ancaria. Lord Zane’s Ashen Empire has created an army of Grimmocs, modified Orc henchmen at war with the Seraphim. Only when these heroes unite and use their skills to support each other they will stand a chance!

Deep Silver today announced the side-scrolling action brawler Sacred Citadel, a new standalone title that is set in the rich universe of Sacred. Sacred Citadel will reinvent the familiar arcade feel of classic brawlers while setting a new standard for the future of side scrolling hack and slash games.

There are several playable character classes, such as the Safiri Warrior, the Ancarian Ranger and the Khukuri Shaman, each with a different skill set that can be further individualized through RPG features and collectible items. Each character will also have the ability to dual-wield two exchangeable weapons, use combo attacks and perform double jumps. All of which combines into a fluid and unique arcade game experience with sophisticated graphics and spectacular effects. The player will also be able to ride mounts, use war machines and spend his hard earned cash in towns all over the world of Sacred Citadel.

Sacred Citadel will also offer an engrossing multiplayer mode: as up to three players can join forces against their enemies in seamless drop-in/drop-out coop mode. The events in Sacred Citadel will act as a prologue to the next chapter of the Sacred story and will unveil an intriguing secret about the Seraphim that will directly relate to the action RPG Sacred 3, currently in development by keen games and to be released in 2013.

Sacred Citadel will be out in 2013 as a digital download title for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system through PLAYSTATION Network, through Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and through Steam and other ESD partners.

Article Source: http://www.actiontri...3-info/080712_2

so its like Castle Crasher and Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall of Hendon Myre, if that is the case then I'm buying this game when it comes out! :viking:

#5 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,054 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

Firstly Ryan, thank you!. You've spent a lot of time on this for the community, and have showcased the three new rising stars for Sacred! You know, when I first saw/heard the trailer, I was

surprised
hurt
angry
scared!

:lol:

Then, after we heard that the portal is what sacred-world is about where they will start their first two dalliances with the franchise... Sacred Citadel and Sacred 3...I sat down and got to look at this trailer with a new-found satisfaction coming from my need for Sacred 3 sated with Deep Silver's Release date of 2013.

The trailer is good. It's the best trailer to come for this series, as I've kind of always thought the stuff done by Ascaron was... *cough* cheesey

*ducks*

This trailer has some very polished game-play, and the music is great. It's been a loooooooong time since I've done platform, and something like this with multi character, tons of beautiful physics... who doesn't like the archer shooting up the enemiy into the air like a juggling ball to pieces before it;'s destroyed... little things like this all add up to a great "feel" for a game.

I am wondering whether by calling this a prologue...does it mean that the ranger, khukiri and Saffiri will star in Sacred 3?

In fact, you know... I wonder...is this a kind of Diablo 3 with a variation? I mean lots of kills, multi play, perhaps not as many quests and tons of powerups...
Maybe this game will have the fun factor that Diablo 3 was missing with it's huge need for Auction House?

:)

gogo

#6 Nervusbreakdown

Nervusbreakdown

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

here are some art work they dropped over at Facebook

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Steerpike1

Steerpike1

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

Is the second one the redisign for the seraphim?

Follow my latest project, Temerity Justice at www.temerityjustice.com 

#8 demer

demer

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

they missed one more artwork on facebook, that we got from Maurice Tan (thanks!):
Posted Image

Edited by demer, 09 August 2012 - 03:07 PM.

Official russian Sacred community: AllSacred.Ru

Posted Image

Our fan-sites network (Risen 2, Witcher, Diablo, Dragon Age, Fable, Arcania, APB and much more):
APB-R.Ru/page-1-nashi-proekti.html

Welcome, will be glad to see you!

#9 demer

demer

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

lol, it more looks like orc shamans from wow

Official russian Sacred community: AllSacred.Ru

Posted Image

Our fan-sites network (Risen 2, Witcher, Diablo, Dragon Age, Fable, Arcania, APB and much more):
APB-R.Ru/page-1-nashi-proekti.html

Welcome, will be glad to see you!

#10 lujate

lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,292 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

If it is, evolution was incredibly unkind! ;)
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#11 Stormwing

Stormwing

Prince of Helium

• Supporting Member
  • 912 posts
  • PSN ID:Nekokami86

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

You know what strange things can happen when exposed too long for T-Energy... Ancarian equivalent for nuclear powa. :P

Posted Image

#12 Schot

Schot

DarkMatter's Imagineer

• Administrator
  • 8,572 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

Freaking awesome! Nice captures and heads up ryan. Thanx! :D

#13 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,054 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

I just put the movie link in...my Fire fox is back to normal, and dang, does it look good on the page... catchy wake-up music

The new artwork is AWESOME. Is that one of the grimmocs?
A lot of camp going on, homage to Sacred ... Lord Zane's Ashen Empire? I like the Ashen ^^

:dance:

gogo

p.s. lol new seraphim... ow

#14 birne

birne

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

Gamasutra has just released an interesting piece on Southend Interactive and Citadel: http://www.gamasutra...Interactive.php

Edited by birne, 27 August 2012 - 06:13 AM.

#15 Steerpike1

Steerpike1

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, it might be easy to dislike Sacred Citadel as a concept, but they really are putting the work in. I love the concept art so far. I wonder if any of the characters will carry on into S3?

Follow my latest project, Temerity Justice at www.temerityjustice.com 

#16 Etherian

Etherian

Thorium Conjurer

• Fellowship
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

Big Ugly looks insane & ready to die!

I remain, :gun2:

As a computer, I find your faith in technology...Amusing!

*Excerpt from Sacred 2 Start-Up*

#17 czevak

czevak

Sacred 2 CM Patch Dev

• Sacred 2 CM Patch Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

I wonder if any of the characters will carry on into S3?

Definitive yes on that one. ;)

#18 TornadoX1

TornadoX1

Silicon Mage

• Sacred Forum Staff
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Steam get the release date:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207930/?l=english

Not my game, but looks like fun.

sigpic119939_3.gif
Gone, but never forgotten
R.I.P. Studio II (01.07.2002-31.07.2009)

#19 Mystix123

Mystix123

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Platform:PS3
  • PSN ID:Mystix123

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

That's encouraging news. I've been waiting for this on consoles for a while, so hopefully we won't have to wait too long for it.

It'll be something for my cousin and I to play alongside Sacred 2...possibly replacing GTA4.

#20 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship
  • 2,038 posts
  • Steam Name:Glacierbolt

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Preordered the game today! Can't wait for release :D

Check out my Unbended Content!       Or the Unbended Subreddit!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                    http://www.reddit.com/r/unbended 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users