Sacred Citadel - New prologue for Sacred 3!

Hey there guys, just some little pics I took from the teaser trailer of Sacred Citadel that will hopefully get us excited about this next game! I know I am ready to rock with these new characters, how about you guys? :D

Safiri Warrior

warrior4.jpgwarrior1.jpgUntitled-5.jpgwarrior3.jpg

Khukuri Shaman

mage1.jpgUntitled-4.jpg

Mage3.jpgmage2.jpg

Ancarian Ranger

archer1.jpgarcher3.jpg

archer2.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Mounts

Untitled-3.jpg

beastride.jpgtankride.jpg

Deep Silver just announced Sacred Citadel, a standalone single-player and co-op title set in the world of Sacred. The developers have described this one as the prologue to Sacred 3. Expect, the third installment in the Sacred series sometime next year.

"The events in Sacred Citadel will act as a prologue to the next chapter of the Sacred story and will unveil an intriguing secret about the Seraphim that will directly relate to the action RPG Sacred 3, currently in development by keen games and to be released in 2013."

The official word is as follows:

Three warriors unite against an evil that threatens to enslave the once peaceful world of Ancaria. Lord Zane's Ashen Empire has created an army of Grimmocs, modified Orc henchmen at war with the Seraphim. Only when these heroes unite and use their skills to support each other they will stand a chance!

Deep Silver today announced the side-scrolling action brawler Sacred Citadel, a new standalone title that is set in the rich universe of Sacred. Sacred Citadel will reinvent the familiar arcade feel of classic brawlers while setting a new standard for the future of side scrolling hack and slash games.

There are several playable character classes, such as the Safiri Warrior, the Ancarian Ranger and the Khukuri Shaman, each with a different skill set that can be further individualized through RPG features and collectible items. Each character will also have the ability to dual-wield two exchangeable weapons, use combo attacks and perform double jumps. All of which combines into a fluid and unique arcade game experience with sophisticated graphics and spectacular effects. The player will also be able to ride mounts, use war machines and spend his hard earned cash in towns all over the world of Sacred Citadel.

Sacred Citadel will also offer an engrossing multiplayer mode: as up to three players can join forces against their enemies in seamless drop-in/drop-out coop mode. The events in Sacred Citadel will act as a prologue to the next chapter of the Sacred story and will unveil an intriguing secret about the Seraphim that will directly relate to the action RPG Sacred 3, currently in development by keen games and to be released in 2013.

Sacred Citadel will be out in 2013 as a digital download title for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system through PLAYSTATION Network, through Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and through Steam and other ESD partners.

Article Source: http://www.actiontri...3-info/080712_2

Hey there guys, just some little pics I took from the teaser trailer of Sacred Citadel that will hopefully get us excited about this next game! I know I am ready to rock with these new characters, how about you guys? :D

Safiri the Warrior

warrior4.jpgwarrior1.jpgUntitled-5.jpgwarrior3.jpg

Khukuri Shaman

mage1.jpgUntitled-4.jpg

Mage3.jpgmage2.jpg

Ancarian Ranger

archer1.jpgarcher3.jpg

archer2.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Mounts

Untitled-3.jpg

beastride.jpgtankride.jpg

Deep Silver just announced Sacred Citadel, a standalone single-player and co-op title set in the world of Sacred. The developers have described this one as the prologue to Sacred 3. Expect, the third installment in the Sacred series sometime next year.

"The events in Sacred Citadel will act as a prologue to the next chapter of the Sacred story and will unveil an intriguing secret about the Seraphim that will directly relate to the action RPG Sacred 3, currently in development by keen games and to be released in 2013."

The official word is as follows:

Three warriors unite against an evil that threatens to enslave the once peaceful world of Ancaria. Lord Zane’s Ashen Empire has created an army of Grimmocs, modified Orc henchmen at war with the Seraphim. Only when these heroes unite and use their skills to support each other they will stand a chance!

Deep Silver today announced the side-scrolling action brawler Sacred Citadel, a new standalone title that is set in the rich universe of Sacred. Sacred Citadel will reinvent the familiar arcade feel of classic brawlers while setting a new standard for the future of side scrolling hack and slash games.

There are several playable character classes, such as the Safiri Warrior, the Ancarian Ranger and the Khukuri Shaman, each with a different skill set that can be further individualized through RPG features and collectible items. Each character will also have the ability to dual-wield two exchangeable weapons, use combo attacks and perform double jumps. All of which combines into a fluid and unique arcade game experience with sophisticated graphics and spectacular effects. The player will also be able to ride mounts, use war machines and spend his hard earned cash in towns all over the world of Sacred Citadel.

Sacred Citadel will also offer an engrossing multiplayer mode: as up to three players can join forces against their enemies in seamless drop-in/drop-out coop mode. The events in Sacred Citadel will act as a prologue to the next chapter of the Sacred story and will unveil an intriguing secret about the Seraphim that will directly relate to the action RPG Sacred 3, currently in development by keen games and to be released in 2013.

Sacred Citadel will be out in 2013 as a digital download title for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system through PLAYSTATION Network, through Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and through Steam and other ESD partners.

Article Source: http://www.actiontrip.com/news/sacred-citadel-sacred-3-info/080712_2

so its like Castle Crasher and Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall of Hendon Myre, if that is the case then I'm buying this game when it comes out! :viking:

Firstly Ryan, thank you!. You've spent a lot of time on this for the community, and have showcased the three new rising stars for Sacred! You know, when I first saw/heard the trailer, I was

surprised

hurt

angry

scared!

:lol:

Then, after we heard that the portal is what sacred-world is about where they will start their first two dalliances with the franchise... Sacred Citadel and Sacred 3...I sat down and got to look at this trailer with a new-found satisfaction coming from my need for Sacred 3 sated with Deep Silver's Release date of 2013.

The trailer is good. It's the best trailer to come for this series, as I've kind of always thought the stuff done by Ascaron was... *cough* cheesey

*ducks*

This trailer has some very polished game-play, and the music is great. It's been a loooooooong time since I've done platform, and something like this with multi character, tons of beautiful physics... who doesn't like the archer shooting up the enemiy into the air like a juggling ball to pieces before it;'s destroyed... little things like this all add up to a great "feel" for a game.

I am wondering whether by calling this a prologue...does it mean that the ranger, khukiri and Saffiri will star in Sacred 3?

In fact, you know... I wonder...is this a kind of Diablo 3 with a variation? I mean lots of kills, multi play, perhaps not as many quests and tons of powerups...

Maybe this game will have the fun factor that Diablo 3 was missing with it's huge need for Auction House?

:)

gogo

I just put the movie link in...my Fire fox is back to normal, and dang, does it look good on the page... catchy wake-up music

The new artwork is AWESOME. Is that one of the grimmocs?

A lot of camp going on, homage to Sacred ... Lord Zane's Ashen Empire? I like the Ashen ^^

:dance:

gogo

p.s. lol new seraphim... ow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

That's encouraging news. I've been waiting for this on consoles for a while, so hopefully we won't have to wait too long for it.

It'll be something for my cousin and I to play alongside Sacred 2...possibly replacing GTA4.

Hmmm... I kinda like it, but to me it looks like Sacred - Cadillacs & Dinosaurs - only with better graphics and some cool-looking spells and abilities. Might still be fun though.

• Like! 1

Console players rejoice: Citadel will be out on the 17th also. Also, the "Seraphim Mage" has been revealed as the final class!

Maurice is answering questions via Sacred World and Playstation Blog today also.

Sacred World Thread: http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php/67898-Sacred-Citadel-revealing-the-Seraphim-Mage-amp-ask-us-anything

US PS Blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/02/sacred-citadel-side-scrolling-beat-em-up-hits-psn-april-16th/

EU PS Blog: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/04/02/sacred-citadel-battles-onto-playstation-network-this-month/

• Like! 1

Awesome, great to finally see the final character! From the videos I got that she was some sort of battlemage (sword and magic), but that PS Blog makes it seem like its just an offensive mage? Then what does the shaman come under? Defensive mage? :Just_Cuz_21:

Correction to my original post: PS3 gets it on April 16th, then April 17th for PC and 360.

That seems to be it Ryan. Seraphim is the offensive mage, while the Shaman is a buffing/debuffing mage (with some healing abilities).

Edit: It could be because I've been watching some Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 tournament matches lately, but does the Seraphim remind you a little bit of Storm (from X-men)?

Edited by Mystix123