Photo

Sacred Citadel - New prologue for Sacred 3!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Dobri

Dobri

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• Fellowship
  • 1,459 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

Hmmm... I kinda like it, but to me it looks like Sacred - Cadillacs & Dinosaurs - only with better graphics and some cool-looking spells and abilities. Might still be fun though.

Char status:

Taerima, level 80 Guardian

Bai Dobchan, level 80 Elementalist

Dobchan level 80 Ranger

Master Crafter

#22 ShadowBlade747

ShadowBlade747

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

Gotta wait another year for the next Sacred installment? Damnit xD At any rate I may purchase this game. Even if its a side scroller I played Castle Crashers and found it entertaining. Still I'm none to happy about the year wait :L

#23 Mystix123

Mystix123

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Platform:PS3
  • PSN ID:Mystix123

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Console players rejoice: Citadel will be out on the 17th also. Also, the "Seraphim Mage" has been revealed as the final class!

Maurice is answering questions via Sacred World and Playstation Blog today also.
Sacred World Thread: http://forum.deepsil...ask-us-anything
US PS Blog: http://blog.us.plays...psn-april-16th/
EU PS Blog: http://blog.eu.plays...ork-this-month/

#24 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship
  • 2,038 posts
  • Steam Name:Glacierbolt

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Awesome, great to finally see the final character! From the videos I got that she was some sort of battlemage (sword and magic), but that PS Blog makes it seem like its just an offensive mage? Then what does the shaman come under? Defensive mage?  :Just_Cuz_21:

Check out my Unbended Content!       Or the Unbended Subreddit!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                    http://www.reddit.com/r/unbended 

#25 Mystix123

Mystix123

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Correction to my original post: PS3 gets it on April 16th, then April 17th for PC and 360.

That seems to be it Ryan. Seraphim is the offensive mage, while the Shaman is a buffing/debuffing mage (with some healing abilities).

Edit: It could be because I've been watching some Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 tournament matches lately, but does the Seraphim remind you a little bit of Storm (from X-men)?

Edited by Mystix123, 02 April 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#26 Mystix123

Mystix123

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Compiled details from yesterday's Q&A.

Game Details
- 4 areas, 5 stages per area.
- 4 characters: Ancarian Ranger (Ranged), Safiri Warrior (Melee/Tank), Khukuri Shaman (Buffing and Debuffing), Seraphim Mage (Direct Damage Magic). All classes are available from the start.
- Towns have vendors, personal stashes and quests (challenges which include "no deaths", "time limit" and "high score" elements).
- Couch co-op and online co-op possible. Up to 3 players. Online co-op has a drop-in/drop-out system.

Gameplay
- Air juggling is possible.
- Faster, tactical gameplay (as opposed to slow and methodical).
- Dodging available with right-stick.
- Combo finishers include: Uppercuts, area-of-attack stuns, knockbacks, and back-strikes.
- Each class has a different secondary weapon: The Ranger has a bow, the Shaman has a tambourine for defensive and offensive/debilitating buffs, and the Mage has offensive magic. (Warrior was not discussed, but trailers have shown him switching to the 2-handed Hammer shown in artwork.)
- Level cap not explicitly mentioned, but "Maxing out is more stat-based as you level up a character..."

Loot Details
- There are three different tiers of armor with their own appearance, and within a tier you can have different stats for armor.
- Loot is not fully randomized like in Sacred 2, but random loot will randomly drop from enemies in a level and fitting to your progress. So, I'd say semi-fixed.

Game Release Details
- Will not be released for Vita at the moment.
- PSN: April 16th, Steam and Live: April 17th. (No discount for PS Plus members at this time.)
- 15 Trophies / Achievements. One will require all stages to be completed in multiplayer.
- A demo will be available on release.
- No currently planned microtransaction releases (costumes, for example).
- Confirmed that US and EU will be on the same servers (no region locked servers).

#27 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,054 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Compiled details from yesterday's Q&A.

Game Details
- 4 areas, 5 stages per area.
- 4 characters: Ancarian Ranger (Ranged), Safiri Warrior (Melee/Tank), Khukuri Shaman (Buffing and Debuffing), Seraphim Mage (Direct Damage Magic). All classes are available from the start.
- Towns have vendors, personal stashes and quests (challenges which include "no deaths", "time limit" and "high score" elements).
- Couch co-op and online co-op possible. Up to 3 players. Online co-op has a drop-in/drop-out system.

Gameplay
- Air juggling is possible.
- Faster, tactical gameplay (as opposed to slow and methodical).
- Dodging available with right-stick.
- Combo finishers include: Uppercuts, area-of-attack stuns, knockbacks, and back-strikes.
- Each class has a different secondary weapon: The Ranger has a bow, the Shaman has a tambourine for defensive and offensive/debilitating buffs, and the Mage has offensive magic. (Warrior was not discussed, but trailers have shown him switching to the 2-handed Hammer shown in artwork.)
- Level cap not explicitly mentioned, but "Maxing out is more stat-based as you level up a character..."

Loot Details
- There are three different tiers of armor with their own appearance, and within a tier you can have different stats for armor.
- Loot is not fully randomized like in Sacred 2, but random loot will randomly drop from enemies in a level and fitting to your progress. So, I'd say semi-fixed.

Game Release Details
- Will not be released for Vita at the moment.
- PSN: April 16th, Steam and Live: April 17th. (No discount for PS Plus members at this time.)
- 15 Trophies / Achievements. One will require all stages to be completed in multiplayer.
- A demo will be available on release.
- No currently planned microtransaction releases (costumes, for example).
- Confirmed that US and EU will be on the same servers (no region locked servers).

Love the write ups Mystix

I'm thinking ... could they be playing a bigger revenue game ...trying to hold both ends of the stick with this faster game for consoles, then the more "considered" game play for sacred 3?

:)

gogo

#28 Stormwing

Stormwing

Prince of Helium

• Supporting Member
  • 912 posts
  • PSN ID:Nekokami86

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hmm, might actually give it a go on PS3. That is, if I have the spare coin and no other interesting things on sight. (Latter being most unlikely scenario. :P)

Posted Image

#29 Omnicide

Omnicide

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

Street Fighter Alpha meets Torchlight 2...

2rejvoj.jpg

#30 Mystix123

Mystix123

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Good reference.
I was thinking Guilty Gear Judgment with Borderlands' loot system. Brawler+Fighter in Guilty Gear Judgment, with loot not quite as randomized as Sacred.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users