[Solved] GW2 Graphics Issues

Hey there guys, today is the third time I've participated in a beta event/stress test and I've run into some difficulty. The first beta test I was part of (BW3), I had funky blue pixels around basically everything on the screen. This was corrected when I changed reflections to 'All' and the pixels disappeared. But for the two stress tests this month, the pixels have returned and I have found no way to get rid of them! I posted a pic at the bottom of this highlighting what I am talking about. The graphics settings are all set to max just to show that no amount of tweaking seems to be working. Do you think it could be the graphics drivers? Something else? Let me know :)

guildwarsproblempicedit.jpg

Edit: Here's one that shows it a bit better.

guildwarsproblempic2.jpg

Edited by ryanrocker1217

Assuming your GPU can handle max settings and is supported, I would look first to drivers.

Will be installing new graphics card before game launches just to see if it makes a difference. And no, the current one cannot handle max settings, I just put it on max to show that the settings seem to have no bearing on the blue pixels. On max I get like 10-15 fps, and on the lower end (which I am happy with) I get 35-40 fps. Laptop will be coming in soon so I'm not too concerned, just wondering if there was a quick fix. Apparently drivers seem to be up to date on both the GPU and DirectX.

Well, I am mostly a software guy, so the drivers were about the only suggestion I could come up with. Is the stress test still going on? If so bug report it.

Well, I am mostly a software guy, so the drivers were about the only suggestion I could come up with. Is the stress test still going on? If so bug report it.

Software guy you say? Guess who I'll be pestering for first semester ;) I think it might just be the lower end graphics card being buggy, its a little bit older.

Helping Ryan in-game, not that im much help tho.

@ Lugjate - OMG too funny... I was software too lol, they used to give me the new programs cuz if someone was gonna blow it up it was gonna be me. That and user help desk =) #1 issue user error (did you check to see if its plugged in) lmao

Helping Ryan in-game, not that im much help tho.

Yup, it turned out to be a manually installed beta driver that fixed it. When trying to manually install the regular driver, my system crashed and got blue screen but recovered. But yea, auto update drivers is just bonked :P

Here are the two pics I took this time. Not sure why my graphics arn't better, everything is set to max.

I took them to show the funny graphic of teeth that was on my jacket, lol They fixed it (sorta) on one of the reboots, its now back to being non existent in those panels

post-22787-0-45495800-1344559362_thumb.jpg

post-22787-0-55200300-1344559403_thumb.jpg

edit: no clue why I cant insert images, prob doing it wrong

edit again: Think I figured it out

Edited by Kiyeri

The game looks so beautiful on your side :twitch:

I'm glad you got your problem solved ryan, and I can't remember if I ever had any of the things you got.

But I'll get to see it today, because there is another stress test today.

Max

Edited by Flooxim
  • 2 weeks later...

Wygram,

Didn't you say somewhere that Nvidia was releasing an updated driver specifically for GW2 before launch date?

Do you remember when they were planning on releasing it?

I have an issue where parts of my screen turn blue and I am hoping the new driver fixes it.

wbxb9k.jpg

Wygram,

Didn't you say somewhere that Nvidia was releasing an updated driver specifically for GW2 before launch date?

Do you remember when they were planning on releasing it?

I have an issue where parts of my screen turn blue and I am hoping the new driver fixes it.

wbxb9k.jpg

I am running the 304.79-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-beta drivers and everything seems fine.

I heard the drivers were supposed to be out on the 15th, but that was an unsubstantiated internet claim.

Like Wygram, I am also using a beta driver (not sure the specs right now).

Thanks guys.

I'm using the same beta driver myself.

I don't get that blue screen all that often, but often enough to annoy me.

Well hopefully they will be out before release, if not... guess I just have ta wait

Thanks guys.

I'm using the same beta driver myself.

I don't get that blue screen all that often, but often enough to annoy me.

Well hopefully they will be out before release, if not... guess I just have ta wait

Must be those cell towers next to your house.................

LOL omg your probably right.... /sigh. I need to move huh

Have you tried lining your walls and ceiling aluminum foil? :tomato:

I heard that it only works when it is on your head, don't know about walls etc.....

• 4 weeks later...