24 replies to this topic

#1 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

Our Community Manager, Maurice, will be presenting live, the newest addition to the Sacred Family, Deep Silver's new brawler, Sacred Citadel!

From Deep Silver Forum

"Going to gamescom? I will be presenting Sacred Citadel on stage every day, and you will be able to get hands-on playtime with the game, cooperatively, at the Deep Silver booth in Hall 7 B041/C040.See you there!"

Anyone here going? It's a little too far for me, oh by a few thousand miles...but GamesCom has been a star focus for me for the last few years, where Sacred's made appeance and all the lucky contestants got to get their sweaty mitts on the game before I.

A good luck to Maurice, get lots of fans going, and maybe we'll be in line for some pix of all the excitement

:)

gogo

#2 Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

We need to have someone go to try and squeeze some S3 info out of them!

#3 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

heh,it's a few thousand miles away from both you and me. I've been scouting around on the net looking for pix... anyone seen anything with Sacred Citadel yet at GamesCom?

gogo

#4 Mystix123

Mystix123

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Platform:PS3
  • PSN ID:Mystix123

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

heh,it's a few thousand miles away from both you and me. I've been scouting around on the net looking for pix... anyone seen anything with Sacred Citadel yet at GamesCom?

Gamescom starts on the 15th (open access to the public on the 16th).
I have a feeling that I won't be getting much work done this coming week, scouring the net every 15 minutes for any sort of update/information. :)

Edited by Mystix123, 11 August 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#5 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

ah ha! With you scouring and us looking out, we'll get good pix...I remember last time when Sacred 2 was showing, so exciting to see everything happening!

gogo

#6 Dobster

Dobster

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

Would love to have gone to this but have no holiday left this year :cry:

Citadel is looking great and even though it's not my type of game, it's Sacred! so I have to get it :D

#7 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

Citadel is looking great and even though it's not my type of game, it's Sacred! so I have to get it :D

Yes, it's Sacred, eeeeeeeee, means I want to get it too... love being a fan, specially of this really cool, tucked-away non-mainstream game.

*high fives @ Dobster*

gogo

#8 Nervusbreakdown

Nervusbreakdown

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

any news yet on what is going on with this?

#9 Mystix123

Mystix123

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

I assure you, my productivity at work has been very low this week. It's not my fault though...The computer that I (and others) use to run our experiments had a motherboard failure (I swear I had nothing to do with it! I was playing Sacred 2 at home at the time!), so I've been completely out of commission.

Ok, from what I've gathered thus far, the demo has been on a very cool looking arcade cabinet.
Part of the demo level swings a solid log trap ("It's a [log] trap!"...Star Wars + Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 reference from EVO 2012) and it looks like you can hit it back and forth to use it as a weapon also (ala Super Double Dragon's 3rd stage with the tethered speed ball which you can use to infinite all of the enemies in the room).
Gameplay reminds me a lot of the good ol' days of beat 'em ups. Now I'm really excited.

Someone has posted "Sacred Citadel and Sacred 3 impressions from Gamescom", but it's in French, so I don't understand it. (I haven't spoken any French in about 12 years.) If someone could translate for us, that'd be awesome.

Edited by Mystix123, 16 August 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#10 Mystix123

Mystix123

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

Thanks to Stephane over at the Deep Silver forums, a translation of the French video.

So I just got out of a meeting on Sacred Citadel and Sacred 3, Sacred citadel is an arcade side-scrolling game like golden axe, old fashion, you can play with friends in co-op in order to smash mobs while having fun, then there's several layers on the gameplay, you can move back and forth on the ground, you can use the environment and mounts, graphically it's very pretty, it looks very dynamic, it seems really nice to play multi with friends.
You will be able to find that game on XBLA, PSN and Steam also I think. Basically it's a nice game to play with friends, if you like golden axe and if you like the old days of arcade games and side scrolling it's all good.

Sacred 3 is a game that is under "embargo" until the end of the month so I can't really talk about it, I can only say that it is in the same way as the old ones, it's an hack'n'slash and in my opinion will compete with Diablo3, stay tuned!

http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php/67259-Some-Sacred-Citadel-Updates-from-Gamescom

Also, a new video, with 3 player co-op!

Edited by Mystix123, 17 August 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#11 Steerpike1

Steerpike1

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

I like that bit - Sacred 3 is a game under "embargo" until the end of the month. So we should have some information early next month, then? Here's hoping :bounce:

Follow my latest project, Temerity Justice at www.temerityjustice.com 

#12 Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

End of the month hey? Looks like we might get a present with spring!

#13 Nervusbreakdown

Nervusbreakdown

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Sacred 3 is a game that is under "embargo" until the end of the month so I can't really talk about it, I can only say that it is in the same way as the old ones, it's an hack'n'slash and in my opinion will compete with Diablo3, stay tuned!

wait a minute, you go to one of the biggest game show on the planet to annouce that there going to show something or tell a month later?

Am I the only one see this odd?

#14 Flooxim

Flooxim

Thorium Conjurer

• Fellowship - Supporting Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

wait a minute, you go to one of the biggest game show on the planet to annouce that there going to show something or tell a month later?

Am I the only one see this odd?

Maybe the game wasn't exactly ready to be shown. And there's PAX Prime starting August 31st.

Max

#15 Mystix123

Mystix123

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

Maurice has been caught on tape! (~9.5 minute presentation on Sacred Citadel.)

#16 Chameleon

Chameleon

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

The art direction and style is so painful to look at it makes me cry. I dont like it at all. Also it is much to hard to differentiate between playing area and foreground/background.

At about 2:25 into the video Maurice said you cant have 3 of the same char when playing co-op, bad bad move in my opinion. You should be able to play what you want in co-op.

So far I'm not at all excited about Sacred Citadel.

#17 Mystix123

Mystix123

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

At about 2:25 into the video Maurice said you cant have 3 of the same char when playing co-op, bad bad move in my opinion. You should be able to play what you want in co-op.

I noticed that myself. Perhaps that was only for the demo build though.

Some additional thoughts (I posted it on the Sacred World forum, but not here):

So, a new question comes to mind based on the presented demo: Is the character restriction (only 1 person can use a class, so you can't have multiple Warriors, for example) is limited only to the demo presented at Gamescom, or if this will be a limit in the full version?
From the stand-point of a beat 'em up game, this makes sense, and is supported by countless examples from various games (minus a few games, such as the Capcom D&D games, which allowed up to 2 of the same character). However, if there's an element of RPG style character building (and the potential of characters having different play-styles), I can see this being an issue. For example, it often became an issue online in Castle Crashers. There was often someone left unable to pick their character(s) who were leveled, leaving them either with a Level 1 character (often in a part of the game where a level 1 character hinders the team) or being kicked from the game entirely.

My original question remains: Is the loot system is closer to Sacred 2's system, or if there are pre-set weapons and armor throughout the game (which get progressively better to keep up with the tougher enemies). I noticed the mention of multiple campaigns, and moving onto the next campaigns for new weapons and armor, so this leaves the question open.

Realistically, I'm not expecting either of these questions to be answered until the game comes out, or generally closer to release, but I thought I would put them on the table anyways.

#18 lujate

lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,293 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

So far I'm not at all excited about Sacred Citadel.

You are not alone in that respect.
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#19 Mystix123

Mystix123

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Apparently Maurice also confirmed that both Sacred Citadel and Sacred 3 are sequels (according to birne on Sacred World).
Also, it's only been confirmed that a 4th character will be available, which really makes it seem like the "no duplicate characters" choice will become very problematic.

#20 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship
  • 2,038 posts
  • Steam Name:Glacierbolt

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Still pretty excited to get my Sacred fix, and its awesome seeing that they've got some concrete content that I can look at. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they went with no duplicate characters per game, as most older Arcade Games that was the norm. The video shows this even clearer when you see the game is hooked up to an actual arcade machine. Doesn't look too bad for a filler game until S3, can't wait :)

Check out my Unbended Content!       Or the Unbended Subreddit!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                    http://www.reddit.com/r/unbended 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users