24 replies to this topic

#21 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,201 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

I like that bit - Sacred 3 is a game under "embargo" until the end of the month. So we should have some information early next month, then? Here's hoping :bounce:

I love that ! We have been waiting so long, we're fans, I mean... we're REAL fans... any bit of delicious news re our big game is music to ears , graphics to eyes, pommegranetes in stomach... yum yum, only a month more to go? So much stuff we all wanna know, more art style, Combat Arts ( love saying that, dang, hated saying skills from D3 :whip: .

I think it was kind of ballzy for the sacred franchise to come out with a two d/shooter/brawler, noone could EVER have guessed it, but when you look at the line of imagination that has gone into this franchise, it shows that they've always come up with the widest thing.

We don't have to get the brawler, but loads of people will, get in line folks!

:viking:

gogo

p.s. Mystic, I don't know how you keep finding this amazing time for game, thanks, all this info got Monday off to a roaring start here for me!

#22 MauriceT

MauriceT

Deep Silver Community Manager

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

For Sacred Citadel, there are 4 playable characters which means you can create different kinds of "teams" to play around with. Within each team setup, you can find your best role with each character (and equip weapons/armor and level it to your taste). So if you are playing with two friends, you can keep playing it again and again with different characters in different teams.

But no, you can't have three of the same characters in one team/group because the idea is to support each other in co-op. If your friends are being anal about selecting the same character you want to play, I suggest using the same tactics you used whenever someone picked the Amazon or the Dwarf in Golden Axe II before you could :).

The story of Sacred Citadel takes place a long period of time after the first two Sacred games, and will act as a prelude to the events in Sacred 3.

You can see it as roughly [S1/Sacred 2====================Sacred Citadel==Sacred 3] for the timeline.

It doesn't show it that well in the cam videos, but the foreground and background are really easy to distinguish when you play it. You also can't walk into the background so it's pretty hard not to know where you can and can't go. There was plenty of skepticism at gamescom from Sacred fans, but a lot of people who gave it a try actually did have fun with it even though it's a completely different genre! Talk is cheap, of course, so once there is a demo or an event where you can play it, I'd say just give Citadel a try and make up your mind based off that.

Speaking of which, if anyone is going to PAX Prime in Seattle this weekend, we're showing Sacred 3 to the public for the first time and we have Sacred Citadel playable at our booth. If you're going and want to say hi, I'll be locked inside our booth for most of the day so it's easiest to hit me up on Twitter at @Sacred_world and tell me to escape my little booth prison to come talk for a bit :). I'd be happy to!

If you're not at PAX, keep an eye out in the second half of this week and the weekend for Sacred 3 press coverage from gamescom and PAX.

#23 Scleameth

Scleameth

Thorium Conjurer

• Fellowship
  • 1,545 posts
  • Platform:PS3

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

Nice info, thanks Maurice!

I think I'll get this game just for the sake of the connection it has with Sacred 3!
You probably can't give away too much about Sacred 3 at this stage, but please tell us that the showing will be a bit more than a cryptic 1 minute video? :devil:
Can you tell us how much more "modern" the game is going to be since the time line is so much later? Will there be sharks with frikin lazor beams?

Posted Image

#24 Steerpike1

Steerpike1

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

I'll be getting Sacred Citadel for sure, as it looks to me like a cross between Golden Axe and the Sacred setting, so a combination of one of my favourite games as a kid and my first pick setting as an adult. Looking forward to the info from PAX, though I won't be there in person (my employers don't pay me enough, and might notice my absence if I did so!). Hoping for the best for S3!

Follow my latest project, Temerity Justice at www.temerityjustice.com 

#25 Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

Sacred 3....sequel in far future...sounds exciting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users