Guild Wars 2 - Stress Test - August 12

From the official Facebook page:

Happy weekend, everyone!

We will be conducting a stress test TOMORROW Sunday, August 12 from 11:00 AM PACIFIC Time to 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time.

REMEMBER: We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience con...See More

(OK, is it just me, or is this getting ridiculous?)

From the official Facebook page:

Happy weekend, everyone!

We will be conducting a stress test TOMORROW Sunday, August 12 from 11:00 AM PACIFIC Time to 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time.

REMEMBER: We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience con...See More

(OK, is it just me, or is this getting ridiculous?)

I really don't think one hour is going to help them a whole lot. :tease:

I really don't understand the point of these stress tests (but I'm no programmer)...this one only one hour. I really can't get the mood to play a toon that will be deleted soon. I can't wait for release. I'll probably log in to see if there are some changes to my thief...then countdown again to 25\8 :)

I am a programmer, so here is my WAG. Initially, the stress tests were supposed to be for them to test their infrastructure. It seems now that they have morphed into mini beta tests. As the developers get closer to release, I imagine they will not be making many large changes. Instead they will likely be making many small changes. IMO, most of these "stress tests" are being used to test these small changes. The one today however, is probably in response to the disastrous lag that many NA players experienced on Friday.

I think most people have had enough beta and are ready for the real deal. I for one will not be going too far out of my way to make any of the subsequent stress tests. I still have a small list of things I want to check out. If a stress test is convenient for me, I will test them then. If not, in less than two weeks, I can test any time I want.

I started the client to check for updates and got an "Unknown error:42". My password was previously saved, but I typed it again and received the "no current Guild Wars 2 event" message.