Guild Wars 2 - FDM Home Server

so after playing for a few hours, how are you guys finding the server populations? From what I gather about yesterday's launch, some servers were just nasty over populated, but later on when I watched some live streams of Asura (dunno what server it was...) there was nobody in the Asura main city apart from the two players on the stream... they did mention that the human zone was over populated and that you'd often times get placed back in the overflow server after completing a personal story instance.

I suppose that Aug 28 will reveal more, but Anet said that the free home server changes will only be available for the next 7 days, so I imagine that we'd need to settle on our final choice of home server by Aug 31?

We spent most of the day in Overflow. Right now, there are two North America servers showing Full and the rest are at High (including Ferguson's Crossing). Often there were so many people, I had to give up on melee since there was no way to find the enemy in the giant mass of players. I expect people to thin out, but for now it is often a little crowded.

Beginner areas are way overcrowded. But as people move on It will get better. I for one plan on being out of the 1-15 area before it goes live tomorrow.

I will still be there, it took me all weekend to figure out which class I am going to be using as my prime. Don't say it, yes it will be my Emo Ranger and my Elementalist for long walks in the wood.

17 of the original 21 NA servers are showing Full. The remaining 4 (including Fergusson's Crossing) are High. There appear to be 3 new servers that are showing Low.

It appears we have chosen wisely :D

Here is the quote from Unite on GW2Guilds.com. They are trying to take a step in the right direction for organizing our server in WvW and are asking for WvW players to join them. This should be good for our server, maybe we will stop being in last place if its no longer a free for all. Going forward we will most likely see many specialized Guilds and alliances popping up.

Unite is an Alliance for all of us to make our server stronger in WvW. (And indirectly PvP.)

Our server is uncoordinated and lacks any type of strategy or leadership. Right now Unite is looking for leaders to emerge and that will happen over time. A good leader doesn't just tell what people to do, just the same a good leader doesn't sit in the background.

Simply said, we all need to participate if we're going to bring our server back from the dust. But nothing will get done if we let our pride get in the way of effective communication. But let's not end on a sad note! ^^ I've seen much potential in many of you WvW players and I know we can make this great and dominate our opponents!

Starting now, we need to fill the alliance with members, also (Guild Leaders)!

Please visit circleofhonor.com/Unite and sign up if you're looking to coordinate some WvW action!

Invitation Key: victory

Many thanks, stay safe! Thorigrim

For those that occasionally do WvW, you would be representing that Guild when you were doing WvW and that guild would get the WvW influence. Your choice, we might discuss becoming part of their alliance and that way FDM would still get all influence. But Im not sure they would be interested in taking such a small guild that doesnot actively recruit to increase numbers. Plus, as a guild our officers would probably be required to lead.

You are right that they would not likely be interested in FDM, with only two players that play WvW, and only occasionally. I am going to keep an eye on the alliance though.

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked, and it appears World Transfers are still available. (That question came up over the weekend.)

Ferguson's Crossing now shows High population. There are three servers above us with a High rating before you get into those that are Full.

• 3 weeks later...

The EU mini-base on Ruins of Surmia will probably be deserted somewhere this week! We (I and Valyrion) are seriously thinking of transferring to ferguson's Crossing :P

But if there is ever need of a backup server in Europe, use Ruins of Surmia, it has some (about 1k influence worth) of upgrades/leftover influence.

Arp

The EU mini-base on Ruins of Surmia will probably be deserted somewhere this week! We (I and Valyrion) are seriously thinking of transferring to ferguson's Crossing :P

But if there is ever need of a backup server in Europe, use Ruins of Surmia, it has some (about 1k influence worth) of upgrades/leftover influence.

Arp

If you folks do decide to move over to Ferguson's Crossing we will be happy to have you in our little family.

Arp

:drinks:

• 3 months later...

I am hooked :) 2 days later I am already level 57... I like how the game works in regard to leveling. However, I am still stuck to EU, while you all surely play in NA, so it will be touch to pitch in... But we'll see what's to come.

• Like! 1

Dobri first, great seeing you here! And , wow, you're playing Guild Wars 2 and hooked?

Yee haw!

Is it really tough for everyone to play together on same server though?

:)

gogo

Dobri first, great seeing you here! And , wow, you're playing Guild Wars 2 and hooked?

Yee haw!

Is it really tough for everyone to play together on same server though?

:)

gogo

As of now, and even when Guesting comes online later this month, the NA/EU line cannot be crossed. The only way our EU members can play with us would be for them to server transfer to an NA server.

As of now, and even when Guesting comes online later this month, the NA/EU line cannot be crossed. The only way our EU members can play with us would be for them to server transfer to an NA server.

Wow, that sucks...

Still, some NA servers do have a decent euro population (*cough* shameless plug *cough* SBI *cough*). Does that mean it's already too late for euro players to join us?

Wow, that sucks...

Still, some NA servers do have a decent euro population (*cough* shameless plug *cough* SBI *cough*). Does that mean it's already too late for euro players to join us?

AFAIK, free transfers are still open until the 28th. Also, AFAIK, ANet has never said the NA/EU divide is permanent. Of course, they never said it is not either.

It does suck... And there is time to react :) I personally picked a simple server in order to learn the ropes... Not that I have much time to play too, but I got my Guardian to 80 and I'm working on an Elementalist now (it is a welcome change to play a very squishy char). Working on my crafting skills now...

So on which server are the darkies now?

• Like! 1