Guild Wars 2 - Guild Admin

Ok so we gonna have guild emblem upgrade 1st... any thoughts on what the emblem should look like?

2wnv4th.png

kapcuc.png

real limited choices, but I dunno how the in-game creator looks like...

yeah that is the one I used and the top one I used a yellow background, but it won't be part of the emblem creator in the game as I understand... just for viewing what the emblem will look like on different backdrops.

But I imagine the choices will increase over time. As Kiyeri pointed out with the GW1 wiki - there are tons more options available there. I wonder why they did not just copy/paste all the old ones in the first place? mebbe to give us something to talk about. :whip:

I was trying to stick tot he blue and gold theme of the DM forum, but the colours are really limiting... but these of mine are merely suggestions and I think everyone should give a sample of what they like most, so that we can reach some kind of consensus about the final emblem?

We are building the emblem right now, and it should be ready tomorrow. It will be later in the week though before we actually really have a use for the emblem. The guild armorer contract is a tier 2 upgrade, and we still have to unlock tier 2. We have already paid the influence to unlock tier 2, and it will begin building just as soon as the emblem completes.

I agree that members should submit ideas for the emblem. It is my understanding that the emblem can be changed, so this does not have to be the final, end-all.

Here is a demo logo I came up with during beta. Unfortunately, I did not have enough real-world construction time to get all the guild upgrades.

2z3ylnd.jpg

We have the emblem unlocked now, and are working on the prerequisites for the armor smith contract.

Does anyone else want to suggest an emblem?

Edit:

I just had a thought. It might be best to stick with neutral colors, since the emblem will be displayed on top of whatever color scheme the player is using. IMO a neutral colored emblem would be less likely to clash.

Just one final pass then with neutral colours :

iofdvk.png

But the sword and purple flames look good. I'm easy, really. I suppose it can be changed later if there are more options coming out?

"Semper Gumby" is my motto. On the other hand, I have seen enough GW2 fashion shows :tomato: to know that some people take this very seriously.

My plan is to start a poll tomorrow night so the members can vote on which emblem they like best. Hopefully some more people will contribute ideas before then.

I heard yesterday that the in-game emblem editor has changed greatly since that tool was created. I tried to check last night. Unfortunately, the game is having some guild issues and I could not get into the editor. I am going to postpone the vote until we get our hands on the real editor.

The guild now has an armor smith. I made the executive decision to get the first tier guild vault before moving on to the weapon smith. I did so for two reasons:

1. The prices at the guild armor smith start at 1 GP and go up from there. It will likely be a while before members have that kind of coin. I think it is reasonable to assume that the weapon smith will have even higher prices.
  2. The weapon smith is an expensive upgrade (6000 Influence). It is going to take us a while to earn that. I do not want to go that long without the guild bank.

I hope no one is too upset about this.

I have created a poll so we can vote on which emblem we want. We can change it later, so this is not set in stone.

We now have the guild armor smith and the first tier bank. It is probably time to start thinking about our next upgrade. The two most likely choices, weapon smith and second tier bank, are both really expensive, so we have time to think about it. When we get close to having enough Influence, I will call for a vote.

We have the work on two at once thingy dont we?

No. It is going to take us weeks (or months) to save up for each upgrade, so IMHO being able to do two upgrades at once is unnecessary. The tier two guild bank is 20,000 Influence and the weapon smith is 6,000. I just do not see that we will generate enough Influence to work on two upgrades like that at the same time. For a guild our size, the ability to build two upgrades concurrently should wait until we start buying buffs. Those are cheap enough that we could probably afford two at once.

• 6 months later...

Per our recent vote, I have started building the prerequisites for the guild buffs. My current plan is to have a +10% MF buff every weekend. That buff costs 500 Influence. Last time I checked, we were making about 20K per month, so we will still be saving a good chunk of our Influence.

• Like! 1
  • 3 months later...

I have made the executive decision to start spending some more of our influence. We are 10 months into the game and IIRC ANet has not introduced any new things that can be purchased with influence. And with the new Guild Merit currency, I doubt that anything new will cost influence.

My plan is to keep the MF buff up 24/7. This will cost about 1166 influence per week. Previously we were spending 500 per week.

• Like! 1

Sounds good to me, by your command Imperial Leaderr. :-]

Just giving you a hard time friend. I actually like the idea, but I had to throw in a short "old" Battlestar reference.

:viking: