Guild Wars 2 - Time to Play

So tell is is there much to do at that level other then WvW? I kno someone else that hit 80 and is sorry he worked so hard at it since there is not endgame content yet and not many that level to play with. Thankfully there is always WvW, which I discovered I actually very much enjoy (and I abhor PvP).

Yeah, I really enjoy WvW too :)

So tell is is there much to do at that level other then WvW? I kno someone else that hit 80 and is sorry he worked so hard at it since there is not endgame content yet and not many that level to play with. Thankfully there is always WvW, which I discovered I actually very much enjoy (and I abhor PvP).

Yeah, I really enjoy WvW too :)

They say it is intended to appeal to non-PvP'er, and I think it does.

WvW is lots of fun, but a little nasty for close combat, I find myself in the midst of battle a lot and my ranged team mates running to maintain distance. Then it's basically a matter of seconds and I'm down... and, Chrona, I've encountered a necro or two in WvW and it really does feel like a lost cause if the player knows his way around a little. But then again, one of my only 2 kills was a necro (which I caught a little unawares)

My personal story took me to a waaay out location and I had to track through the char zones barely managing to stay alive... but on my way there, I thought I'd stop by the Ascalon Catacombs for a "quick" story mode... 1st thing I noticed are all the people standing around trying to form parties... seems like people are very picky, or there were a number of 3 man teams waiting for 2 more... something like that. In any event, I joined a party and it was a LOT tougher than I imagined! We managed to kill (as far as I know) just about every boss, except the Lovers... there was no real team strategy and one player insisted that we trap one in a corridor and close the doors. We tried over and over and over, but to no avail. Then one of the members left the party and we were stuck with 4 of which one was the guy who was in charge of the door. That leaves 3 to try and separate and trap, with your's truly designated as the front man. No success, and the servers were rebooted.

My next attempt will hopefully be with the guild so that we can use C3 and communicate a strategy. But I realized that we'd need buffs, lots of buffs and thus I started an alt which will be doing some cooking to give us that little edge (hopefully).

Portions of WvW are not melee friendly (e.g. both sides of siege warfare, densely packed armies meeting in the field). Other parts are conducive (e.g. after the gate comes down, once the packed armies start to spread out). I would never do WvW without a ranged weapon set. The Guardian lacks a really good ranged weapon but I found the scepter to be acceptable.

I have been waiting on dungeons until we can do them as a guild. I know that we have at least three level 30's on Fergusson's Crossing, and I expect Flooxim will be there soon. Maybe we can run the AC dungeon this weekend.

1st thing I noticed are all the people standing around trying to form parties... seems like people are very picky, or there were a number of 3 man teams waiting for 2 more... something like that. In any event, I joined a party and it was a LOT tougher than I imagined!

Yea, PUG groups... something I am not a fan of. Occasionally you get a good one, but they are few and far between. Lots of Veteran MMO players refuse to do anything unless its the perfect setup, just being willing to go and a decent player are not enough for them. You have to have the right setup, gear, skills, buffs etc... sometimes the list goes on and on.

Would be nice if we could get everyone together to go do a dungeon.

I played a bit of Keg Brawl just now and it was actually tons of fun! The team balancing just seems a little off at times, but when the teams are evenly balanced, it actually makes for some serious entertainment! At one stage, no team could get a point for a while and 3 kegs ended up on the playing field - then it's just complete chaos! There are a few players that actually know their stuff but I imagine you have to have a proper rig and connection to excel at this game!

Another funny moment I had was when soloing in Gandaran Fields: In one town the bandits come and torch the whole place, we drove them off and started putting out fires. There was an Asura among us and for some reason about 6 people (including me) decided that it was time to drench the little feller a bit... 6 guys with water buckets chasing an Asura - I still can't control my laughter just thinking about it. The poor guy tried every means of escape but ended up wet for about 5 minutes! :4rofl:

• Like! 1

Just realized that today is Wednesday (the holiday threw me). Not sure if we will have five level 30's by the weekend. In beta, the level requirement was not enforced, but something tells me it will be now.

Heading in to do a little WvW now. Later, I will go back to PvE for a shopping trip and my daily achievement.

My Chef can now make food that requires character level 50, so I think I am ready to start cooking for dungeon runs. Any dining suggestions?

BTW, not sure a dungeon run is going to happen this weekend (it might though).

If anyone heard a loud thud about 20 minutes ago, that was me falling out of my chair when I got my monthly achievement. :o I did not figure I would ever earn a monthly, since one of the requirements is 100K consecutive XP earned without dying. The reward was 20 Mystic Coins, 40cp (yes 40 copper!) and a couple thousand XP. :woot:

I was 2.5k experience away from getting my monthly. I spent 3 1/2 hrs trying to get it, but the darn thing wouldn't move. so I did some research and this is what I found out. I'm soooo mad at myself I didn't stick around to get that last 2.5k... woulda been only like 1 event.

Experience Survivor
- Only mostly unkillable
: Progress on
Experience Survivor
is reset whenever the player disconnects, teleports to a new zone, or dies (
does not
count as death, but
does
stop the counter for the survivor title)

I was 2.5k experience away from getting my monthly. I spent 3 1/2 hrs trying to get it, but the darn thing wouldn't move. so I did some research and this is what I found out. I'm soooo mad at myself I didn't stick around to get that last 2.5k... woulda been only like 1 event.

Experience Survivor
- Only mostly unkillable
Experience Survivor
does not
count as death, but
does

:(

Can that be right? Did I really earn 100K XP during a single WvW session?

Sounds like you have way toooo much time on your hands. And I thought Kiyeri was bad when I found her online at 330 the other morning. :whistle:

Sounds like you have way toooo much time on your hands. And I thought Kiyeri was bad when I found her online at 330 the other morning. :whistle:

I think we were there about 1.5 hours. I needed five event to complete my daily achievement, and WvW is a reliable place to find events.

Experience Survivor
- Only mostly unkillable
Experience Survivor
does not
count as death, but
does

:(

no you iddn't earn 100,000... remember the levels its 4/4 0-25 25-50 50-75 and 75-100 if you make a level you dont loose it. So you made your 25k... and considering we got 14k just for standing in the blue circle AFTER taking that keep... well we were on a roll

no you iddn't earn 100,000... remember the levels its 4/4 0-25 25-50 50-75 and 75-100 if you make a level you dont loose it. So you made your 25k... and considering we got 14k just for standing in the blue circle AFTER taking that keep... well we were on a roll

Now that I can believe.

Funny thing. Doing a little WvW this morning, and I see on the guild pane that Chrona is playing on an opposing server. So we cannot fight together yet, but we sure can fight against each other. :Just_Cuz_21: